Someone's going to be an airline pilot!

I called and the guy said I needed to submit it in writing. Class date is now April 25th! He just emailed and called me.

Congrats. I know it's been said before, but don't stress out about the whole process. Don't worry about studying much of anything now, show up with a willingness to learn and a positive attitude and you'll be fine.

Congrats. I know it's been said before, but don't stress out about the whole process. Don't worry about studying much of anything now, show up with a willingness to learn and a positive attitude and you'll be fine.

Having the EP&Ls memorized ahead of time is a plus.

They don't send any study material beforehand right? I'm also going to call but I figured I ask, do I need a current first class medical before training?

Having the EP&Ls memorized ahead of time is a plus.

Endeavor sends no material before class. And for the love of god, don't look stuff up online from other airlines, as it will make the process more difficult.

They don't send any study material beforehand right? I'm also going to call but I figured I ask, do I need a current first class medical before training?

Correct, nothing to study before hand. Call about the medical, I don't know the answer.

I'm also going to call but I figured I ask, do I need a current first class medical before training?
I would get it before hand. There isn't much free time during training and sometimes getting an appointment when you want it can be problematic.

Jordan,

I just want to add my congratulations on your outstanding accomplishment. I am truly impressed with the dedication and tenacity you demonstrated in achieving your goal. Keep it up and soon enough you will achieve whatever dream you set for yourself in your flying career.

Who knows, maybe in a year or two, I will get to fly right seat with you!

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY

A month of seniority is going to be 60 or so spots lower on the list. Might not make much of a difference now, but down the road it could be the difference between getting furloughed or not or staying a captain versus being downgraded.

Amen! ALWAYS take the first class date.....

Congrats Jordan! You've busted your hump and you deserve it!

Jordan,

I just want to add my congratulations on your outstanding accomplishment. I am truly impressed with the dedication and tenacity you demonstrated in achieving your goal. Keep it up and soon enough you will achieve whatever dream you set for yourself in your flying career.

Who knows, maybe in a year or two, I will get to fly right seat with you!

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY
Thank you! The only regret I have is not taking the ATP written before the new rule change.

I'm guessing they'll help you prepare for that, too, via the CTP so probably not a big deal.
The CTP actually doesn't prep you at all for the written. Some of the topics that I learn in the course are included in the written but they don't actually do the test prep. I got Sheppard Air yesterday and have to study.

The CTP actually doesn't prep you at all for the written. Some of the topics that I learn in the course are included in the written but they don't actually do the test prep. I got Sheppard Air yesterday and have to study.

Every little bit helps. Good luck!

So basically the memory items? 9E has no memory items.

Interesting. We don't have many, but the few time critical items (hot starts, high alt stalls, etc) are memory items. Key v-speeds (flaps, spoilers) and key weights are also expected to be memorized.

So they expect us to go right to the checklist for lets say an engine failure?

Take it easy. You'll be busy as all heck soon. They'll tell you what to do and study. Go over to APC and ask on the 9E thread if ya really want.

Interesting. We don't have many, but the few time critical items (hot starts, high alt stalls, etc) are memory items. Key v-speeds (flaps, spoilers) and key weights are also expected to be memorized.

Of course limitations are to be known, but yes, there are no memory items. Just an Immediate Action Item card.

So they expect us to go right to the checklist for lets say an engine failure?

No, you'll learn soon enough. Don't get started thinking about step 10 before you finish 1-9. Don't even think about looking at airplane stuff until after you've passed Indoc and Gen Subs.

Enjoying my last few weeks as a CFI. Not flying as often so I'm taking the oppotunity to study for this ATP written. Taking a trip to Miami University (OH) not FL:mad: with the owner of one our Cirrus we manage next week for a few days. Going to use a lot of the free time to study. April 11th is the CTP course and I got my hotel and flight confirmation a few days ago.

Enjoying my last few weeks as a CFI. Not flying as often so I'm taking the oppotunity to study for this ATP written. Taking a trip to Miami University (OH) not FL:mad: with the owner of one our Cirrus we manage next week for a few days. Going to use a lot of the free time to study. April 11th is the CTP course and I got my hotel and flight confirmation a few days ago.
Is the written any different than it was before the CTP requirement?

At one point there was a 135 and a 121 version. It made no difference which you took. That probably has changed 10 times over since I took it.

At one point there was a 135 and a 121 version. It made no difference which you took. That probably has changed 10 times over since I took it.

Up until the CTP deal took over, that was still true. The only real difference was which airplanes were on there for dealing with W&B.

Yes, you need a current 1st. class to take your type ride. Get a fresh one before starting.

I would get it before hand. There isn't much free time during training and sometimes getting an appointment when you want it can be problematic.

Yes, you need a current 1st. class to take your type ride. Get a fresh one before starting.
Not saying you are wrong, but do you have a reference for that? I would think it would be similar to taking a commercial ride with only a third class medical, which is permitted. Moot point at any rate. The airline will require the First class anyway.

Not saying you are wrong, but do you have a reference for that? I would think it would be similar to taking a commercial ride with only a third class medical, which is permitted. Moot point at any rate. The airline will require the First class anyway.
Haha this question actually came up while studying for ATP written. You only need a third class to do a type ride but I'll obviously need the first class for 121 ops. Endeavor wants a first class medical prior to training.

For what it's worth Jordan, your odds of getting NYC just got a lot higher with the announcement of opening of NYC 200 bases.

Back