Kimberlyanne

You guys do realize that there have been female members on this forum the whole time including right now, right?

Not sure about all the other guys, but I do, Dave. I am glad to have the females here and appreciate the input they have (and the thicker skin for those times when some people get a little more vulgar than they should).

This ^^^ times a million. I almost gave the middle finger to POA a few times early on. Got my fair share of inappropriate messages as well. I've only stuck with it because I learn a lot from some of the threads/topics and have met a few pretty OK folks. I'm a really hard to offend person, but the misogyny is generally pretty thick here and it gets old fast. I've learned to just walk from the threads and posts that make me see red.

this is disappointing to hear. I wish we had more input from women on PoA. quite often I might forget there are women on here and I'll make jokes, but that's just because I'm an immature man and that's how I roll and that won't change. but I (hopefully) have never disrespected any women here (or anywhere). in fact, I responded to one woman's post and immediately got blasted by her and I simply refuse to read any more of her posts, it's that simple. I guess I can understand how you ladies might get fed up with our sense of humor or the way we talk in general, I mean I know I wouldn't last 10 seconds in ANY forum that's mostly women, but it just all comes down to respect. sending junk pics is downright idiotic but mostly disrespectful. I mean, unless it's requested. but on the flip side, the thread that someone (a man) got all worked up over a bunch of people recommending a mic-less headset for women, I mean if that's over the line then I don't know what to tell you, I really thought that was just in good fun, nothing mean or disrespectful. but what the bleep do I know, I'm still bleeping single so clearly I don't know a darn thing about women.

respect, peeps, that's all. the world is getting soft.....but we should still be able to make fun, respectfully. aunt peggy.....cajun......where the F is erin???? all should be well respected members of PoA. and yes, I said 'member' hahah no YOU grow up!!!!!

ok, now I'm going to start my own cock thread. read it and enjoy it.

Eman - your posts usually just make me laugh. A few raise my eyebrows, but only because you often like to take jokes to the next... sometimes disturbing... level :)

But you hit the nail on the head (heh... head) - it's more about respect. Got no problems with jokes or whatever, but a lot of times the stuff about women is just disrespectful. But I simply choose to click away instead of engage or let it offend me. One roll of my eyes and I move on. Besides, I know most of the time you guys are just saying stuff because, well, you're guys and its part of the way you bond.

This ^^^ times a million. I almost gave the middle finger to POA a few times early on. Got my fair share of inappropriate messages as well. I've only stuck with it because I learn a lot from some of the threads/topics and have met a few pretty OK folks. I'm a really hard to offend person, but the misogyny is generally pretty thick here and it gets old fast. I've learned to just walk from the threads and posts that make me see red.

I know one guy who tries his best to show respect for women. There's to them more than just a good looking body. Those who have something between their ears are more appealing to me than..... Well, you know the rest.

You are also a good writer and I'm also enjoying your adventures. So keep it up and I hope you are well enough to go to Catalina, Make sure and fly around the island as the west shore is really cool. Used to sail over there and dive around the island. Don

this is disappointing to hear. I wish we had more input from women on PoA. quite often I might forget there are women on here and I'll make jokes, but that's just because I'm an immature man and that's how I roll and that won't change. but I (hopefully) have never disrespected any women here (or anywhere). in fact, I responded to one woman's post and immediately got blasted by her and I simply refuse to read any more of her posts, it's that simple. I guess I can understand how you ladies might get fed up with our sense of humor or the way we talk in general, I mean I know I wouldn't last 10 seconds in ANY forum that's mostly women, but it just all comes down to respect. sending junk pics is downright idiotic but mostly disrespectful. I mean, unless it's requested. but on the flip side, the thread that someone (a man) got all worked up over a bunch of people recommending a mic-less headset for women, I mean if that's over the line then I don't know what to tell you, I really thought that was just in good fun, nothing mean or disrespectful. but what the bleep do I know, I'm still bleeping single so clearly I don't know a darn thing about women.

respect, peeps, that's all. the world is getting soft.....but we should still be able to make fun, respectfully. aunt peggy.....cajun......where the F is erin???? all should be well respected members of PoA. and yes, I said 'member' hahah no YOU grow up!!!!!

ok, now I'm going to start my own cock thread. read it and enjoy it.

hey man.....don't feel bad. I'm married and don't know a "darn" thing about women either!

I don't understand why it's so difficult for some to accept women pilots. When I was shopping for instructors for my private I hired a female instructor. She was well educated, a damn fine pilot and a very good instructor. The foundation she helped me build has been with me for my entire career. I just don't get it. One of those things I'll never understand.

So much for being the front porch of aviation. It's time to out some people and boot them.

That guy said dick, dick pic, and member in the same post! Viva PoA.

I personally don't think it is about females not being welcome in aviation. It's more a case in my opinion of too many guys just being a**holes online. This could be a forum about knitting machines, and you will get some douchebag sending inappropriate messages to female participants. It would be good to have some of these individuals who act like that called out and exposed. Post up their names, messages and dick pics for all to see and maybe they will stop.

I personally don't think it is about females not being welcome in aviation. It's more a case in my opinion of too many guys just being a**holes online. This could be a forum about knitting machines, and you will get some douchebag sending inappropriate messages to female participants. It would be good to have some of these individuals who act like that called out and exposed. Post up their names, messages and dick pics for all to see and maybe they will stop.

Unfortunately I have seen it first hand face to face in real life at jobs over the years. It's not just on the Internet. Worse on the net but still around in the business

What happened to the tater pic? Veggies arent ok, but other dicks are? Guess they shouldve put the potato in a box next time.

Unfortunately I have seen it first hand face to face in real life at jobs over the years. It's not just on the Internet. Worse on the net but still around in the business

Yeah, wish I could agree that it was just on the internet. When I did my long solo xc recently, I met these two old geezers in an airport diner who were confused about where my pilot was - even after I told them I was the pilot. One of the guys refused to even look at me. I wasn't offended, just felt disrespected. Decided to just shrug it off and walk away.

On the flip side of the *******s are the guys who are a little too nice. Not usually a big deal, as long as the flirtation doesn't cross any lines (like by sending inappropriate pictures, for example!). My CFI told me once that any time a woman walks into the school - doesn't matter what she looks like, all the guys get excited! haha But it makes sense. Women are still a bit of an anomaly in aviation, so their presence (attractive or not) is going to capture attention.

Overall, most of the guys I've met are very pleasant and respectful. They are happy to meet a woman who's into aviation and love to engage in conversation. A couple of them have even become friends.

Just saw this on Facebook... made me laugh. Not really relevant, but close enough -

An old Marine Pilot sat down in a Starbucks, still wearing his old USMC flightjacket and ordered a cup of coffee. As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the pilot and asked, "Are you a real pilot"?
He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life flying planes, first Stearmans, then the early Grummans... Flew a Wildcat and Corsair in WWII, and later in the Korean conflict, Banshees and Cougars. I've taught more than 260 people to fly and given rides to hundreds, so I guess I am a pilot, and you, what are you?"
She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about naked women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about naked women. When I shower, I think about naked women. When I watch TV, I think about naked women. It seems everything makes me think of naked women.'
The two sat sipping in silence.
A little while later, a young man sat down on the other side of the old pilot and asked:
"Are you a real pilot?"
He replied, ‘I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian.'

Yeah, wish I could agree that it was just on the internet. When I did my long solo xc recently, I met these two old geezers in an airport diner who were confused about where my pilot was - even after I told them I was the pilot. One of the guys refused to even look at me. I wasn't offended, just felt disrespected. Decided to just shrug it off and walk away.

On the flip side of the *******s are the guys who are a little too nice. Not usually a big deal, as long as the flirtation doesn't cross any lines (like by sending inappropriate pictures, for example!). My CFI told me once that any time a woman walks into the school - doesn't matter what she looks like, all the guys get excited! haha But it makes sense. Women are still a bit of an anomaly in aviation, so their presence (attractive or not) is going to capture attention.

Overall, most of the guys I've met are very pleasant and respectful. They are happy to meet a woman who's into aviation and love to engage in conversation. A couple of them have even become friends.

Us nice guys finish last. It doesn't make for good conversation...."I ran into a nice guy today".......who cares?!? But "sheesh, some dude sent me a d-pick", now that's gonna be an interest story.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for some to accept women pilots. When I was shopping for instructors for my private I hired a female instructor. She was well educated, a damn fine pilot and a very good instructor. The foundation she helped me build has been with me for my entire career. I just don't get it. One of those things I'll never understand.

Sandy, my seaplane CFI (that's her Citabria in my pic) is awesome. I wish I was able to fly with her more often but as she is in Wisconsin and I am now in North Carolina, it is not easy to do.

I also had another lady CFI a very long time ago, she was good as well.

Us nice guys finish last.

*yawn*

That boring drivel? I expected more from you, Eman.

There's a big difference between nice guys and push over wussy guys who cry about being "nice guys" who no one wants. One is a man, the other is a baby.

Last edited:
*yawn*

That boring drivel? I expected more from you, Eman......

dang, ok ok. I feel like you're getting me back on track, so.............

I got a tattoo on my johnson that says "I love you".

my girlfriend said "stop trying to put words in my mouth". hiyooooooooooooo

dang, ok ok. I feel like you're getting me back on track, so.............

I got a tattoo on my johnson that says "I love you".

my girlfriend said "stop trying to put words in my mouth". hiyooooooooooooo

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but...

better ;)

Speaking of women pilots, the Air Race Classic started yesterday in Arizona. We have had women pilots here who have participated, but I looked at the names for this year and did not recognize any. I think this is a pretty cool race. They are stopping in Arkansas at Arkadelphia. The new Airport Manager there is a woman and is really nice. I kind of wish we had a POA'er we could cheer on.

Speaking of women pilots, the Air Race Classic started yesterday in Arizona. We have had women pilots here who have participated, but I looked at the names for this year and did not recognize any. I think this is a pretty cool race. They are stopping in Arkansas at Arkadelphia. The new Airport Manager there is a woman and is really nice. I kind of wish we had a POA'er we could cheer on.

I noticed Dave P over at LiveATC figured out how to build them a way to have a race channel on his system, too. Neat.

I remember meeting another woman pilot and her friend once at Put-In-Bay. We had a lot of fun putting around the island on a golf cart, but when time came to leave and we climbed back into the plane, she didn't like the stares we were getting. I thought she was misreading them and offered, of course they're going to stare. How often do you see three women flying an airplane?

The worst experience I had with male pilots was once when I was doing a night currency run at St. Clair County (KPHN) in Michigan. I was flying a friend's Cardinal at the time and I heard this guy in a rental from nearby Marine City that I had flown a dozen times, so I said hi on the CTAF. The pilot, who I didn't know from Adam, started making inappropriate suggestions that we meet for a tryst behind the hangars. That shut me up pretty fast, and if he had kept it up I was ready to switch to Selfridge Approach and ask for help. Luckily he didn't press the issue and just landed, took off again and departed the area. What a creep... :mad:

The worst experience I had with male pilots was once when I was doing a night currency run at St. Clair County (KPHN) in Michigan. I was flying a friend's Cardinal at the time and I heard this guy in a rental from nearby Marine City that I had flown a dozen times, so I said hi on the CTAF. The pilot, who I didn't know from Adam, started making inappropriate suggestions that we meet for a tryst behind the hangars. That shut me up pretty fast, and if he had kept it up I was ready to switch to Selfridge Approach and ask for help. Luckily he didn't press the issue and just landed, took off again and departed the area. What a creep... :mad:

That was you?

Dammit!!....

...now I'm embarassed.

My luck is any nekkid body part pictures sent to me would be a foot or ear...:p

Don't understand why people want to send that stuff around anyway.
I still haven't figured out why people feel the need for a "selfie", with or without clothes. And yesterday was international selfie day. My god, is the whole world narsistic? All facebook ever did was to give narsistic people a platform.

For the record, nobody's sent me anything rude. From here. Of course I wouldn't expect anyone would, either...

Not sure about all the other guys, but I do, Dave. I am glad to have the females here and appreciate the input they have (and the thicker skin for those times when some people get a little more vulgar than they should).

Me too. My point being, the ridiculous online flirting that goes on when ever a female member of a forum starts posting with a picture that shows them to be pretty kinda makes me nauseous.

Part of me wants to ignore this thread, but it's hard to see this kind of foolishness and not be embarrassed. I heard rumors back in the day when this stuff was going on with Kimberly Anne and I don't know the truth of the matter, but it's embarrassing that there's even discussion of sending pics like that. I mean, are we a bunch of 15 year olds?

Part of me wants to ignore this thread, but it's hard to see this kind of foolishness and not be embarrassed. I heard rumors back in the day when this stuff was going on with Kimberly Anne and I don't know the truth of the matter, but it's embarrassing that there's even discussion of sending pics like that. I mean, are we a bunch of 15 year olds?
I think it's entirely appropriate to talk about what behavior is acceptable and what is not.

Back