Kimberlyanne

How effective can banning really be, when someone can just create a new account? I think we're lucky that the forum is as useful as it is, it could be worse. I tried to run one one time and it had to be shut down in short order due to knuckleheads. I don't know how they do it but I think MC does a good job.

My observation is that most people typically go away when banned. We do have some people who come back under a new account, but those people are usually figured out pretty quickly and re-banned. Certainly you can have people who are more persistent about it, but it's usually enough.

The thing is, Ted, that this site has members like you who would like more moderation, as well as those who would prefer it to be moderated very lightly to not at all. You also don't see who has gotten warning, although you might notice if a post disappears. I'm not sure how many people check back to see that, though. The only thing members might notice is if someone has been banned, either temporarily or permanently since it shows up in their profile. But that doesn't happen until they have gotten a number of warnings unless they do something that is completely over the top. As Spike pointed out, moderation often happens slowly because no one can act unilaterally unless it's something like Chinese spam, and we all have other lives.

I understand your points, Mari, and I know you're doing more than what's seen externally. As I've said before, PoA is a much better place than it was in 2007 thanks mostly to several key people being banned who were destructive to the community.

I'll end my points because I've made them before, I realize the MC (and others) disagree with my preferences for higher moderation on PoA.

Their food safety standards suck. Stick with Domestic spam.

I don't even get Chinese treats for my dog anymore. He got sick off them a couple of times then I read online the QC problems with them. USA only now.

Mods, can we get a dedicated subforum for d--k pics?

It could be called the d--k zone
You have to opt in so it would be voluntary.

No we can't have that because once the members in that area start arguing, dick will leak out to the main forums.

And then when it'd eventually be closed down, those who felt they needed dick, would leave the overall place in a big huff.

:)

Looks like I picked a great time to check back in here

Hahahaha. Awesome. Hi Joe! LOL...

You do understand that one day, if it hasn't already happened, your children will be reading all you post/have posted. Just saying.
Some people would regard that as a feature, not a bug. Growing up in the repressed '50s, the attitudes toward sex were so uptight that having an adult relative who unashamedly kept revealing pictures of the opposite sex on his walls helped me keep my sanity.

No we can't have that because once the members in that area start arguing, dick will leak out to the main forums.

And then when it'd eventually be closed down, those who felt they needed dick, would leave the overall place in a big huff.

:)
We are encouraging those who want to post dic pics to start their own forum or join another one which encourages it...

;)

Ironically, the other forum I like, NudiePhotoSwappersOfAmerica is good but I joined and suddenly my inbox is flooded with people sending me airplane pics. It's disgusting.

Ewww! Now that sounds revolting.

Were they all monocoque?

I'll bet they're ugly, too. With sticky black lubricating oil spewed all over their filthy undersides. And just think, they might be 50, 60, even 70 years old. On top of all that, their skin might be in terrible condition, with big flakes peeling off from exposure to the outdoors all day and all night!

Bring back Chinese spam!

IMG_9047.jpg

We are encouraging those who want to post dic pics to start their own forum or join another one which encourages it... ;)

And then when they do it and advertise it here people will jump their arses for it.

A problem is not enough local fly-in meet-ups. It's harder to be rude to people you have met in real life.
Can a like that post a dozen times over?

EdFred and I have long advocated that a person be limited to 100 posts...or whatever...until they attend a fly-in. Then their membership gets completely unlocked.

@jason needs to get on that one too! :)

Can a like that post a dozen times over?

EdFred and I have long advocated that a person be limited to 100 posts...or whatever...until they attend a fly-in. Then their membership gets completely unlocked.

@jason needs to get on that one too! :)
<looks for his jar of fairy dust>

A problem is not enough local fly-in meet-ups. It's harder to be rude to people you have met in real life.
Looks like some can't practice what they preach. Any chance people don't go to fly outs because of rude online personnas?

Last edited:
I think the most important thing to remember is that women present themselves in various ways, and react to things in various ways. Just like men. If you're trying to pigeonhole "what women want" you will be unsuccessful.

I have always taken the gender-neutral route. I dislike being singled out as female, even when it's a positive, so I tend to try to fly under the radar in that respect even when face to face where people can see what gender I am.

Ditto, for what it's worth. I was singled out enough as "the girl pilot", and I just wanted to be A pilot. I want what I do and how I do it to stand on its own merits, and my gender has nothing to do with it. The only occasion in which I bend that a bit is when I was asked to participate in a warbird missing man formation flyover at the funeral of a WASP. I felt truly honored to be able to do that.

I resisted posting a smart alek response to Mari's "face to face" comment, typed and deleted at least 3 times then realized this is not the short joke thread. :) :D

When I was ready to take my private pilot checkride (in 1991), my instructor asked if I minded taking it with a female examiner. Even back then, I was surprised that he felt it necessary to ask. I guess he must have had some students who did mind. :dunno:

I think there is a difference between general purpose boorish behavior/dumb comments in the open forum and sending a dick-pic. Like any other form of cyber stalking, the latter should just get a very unceremonial perma-ban.

I think there is a difference between general purpose boorish behavior/dumb comments in the open forum and sending a dick-pic. Like any other form of cyber stalking, the latter should just get a very unceremonial perma-ban.
This is true, but there is a line somewhere between fifth-grade humor and harassment that is sometimes hard to define, not just for the MC but in the wider world as well. People see things differently.

Looks like some can practice what they preach. Any chance people don't go to fly outs because of rude online personnas?

I don't go because they're usually on some tiny grass strip. I have enough problems landing on 5,000 ft asphalt. I don't need to go sliding off the end of the runway into a ditch for the $100 POA burger.

I don't go because they're usually on some tiny grass strip. I have enough problems landing on 5,000 ft asphalt. I don't need to go sliding off the end of the runway into a ditch for the $100 POA burger.

To be fair, for 6Y9 and Gaston's you will have no shortage of free shuttle service going from the nearby long paved runways.

I vote we move on from phallacy and Godwin this thread in to another BBQ forum.

I vote we move on from phallacy and Godwin this thread in to another BBQ forum.
I never understood why at all the bbq places (around here anyway) they have those onions, peppers, and pickles. Why would I throw that stuff on ribs, brisket, sausage, etc?

I never understood why at all the bbq places (around here anyway) they have those onions, peppers, and pickles. Why would I throw that stuff on ribs, brisket, sausage, etc?

I'm okay with that if I'm having it in the form of a sandwich. I need my greens. I don't care if it's in the form of a salad along with the tri-tip or brisket, or lettuce wrap, but if I do a sandwich, I must, absolutely, must have mayo on it. Mustard too. Then come the pickles and onions and peppers and stuff. It's like, you're either doing a sandwich or you aren't.

Ribs don't make good sandwiches to begin with. They need to be complimented with cole slaw. Actually, everything can be complimented by cole slaw.

Mods, can we get a dedicated subforum for d--k pics?

It could be called the d--k zone
You have to opt in so it would be voluntary.
No, that would just bleed into the rest of PoA.

That's a Texas thing. Seen it all over the place there. And not elsewhere.

It's kinda like getting bread with your brisket. It's expected in central Texas.

That's a Texas thing. Seen it all over the place there. And not elsewhere.

It's kinda like getting bread with your brisket. It's expected in central Texas.
Oh yeah, they do that around here.
Give you your BBQ and ask how many slices of bread you want.

What's hilarious is a thread ABOUT Kimberly has grown so long so quickly...just as threads BY Kimberly used to!

Today it's a result of people being :goofy:

It was formerly a result of people being.. :drool:..and.. :ihih:

:happydance:

Back