Kimberlyanne

Not even sure who she is. How long ago was she on?

She had over 7000 posts over a couple of years ending sometime in 2014. She took us from student to PPL and a little beyond. I enjoyed her stories and she was a great writer. I hope she comes back sometime in the future. Don

She's on my Linkedin, shes employed in the SFA area.. She probably just had enough of "here" and what "here" has evolved into.

I never got around to showing her my Dick picture.. so I'm sharing it with all who are here to enjoy..
Richard_M._Nixon,_ca._1935_-_1982_-_NARA_-_530679.jpg

Maybe a few too many "dick pics" sent to her by some of our more...ummm...inappropriate members here.

(seriously, we had this conversation when we went flying together at the 6Y9 fly-in. She had received MANY!)

There are definitely some sick MoFo's lurking here...as there is in all corners of the interwebz.

Saying this place is not very hospitable to women would be the understatement of the century.

Edit: Waiting for Nate to chime in with "you can't be offended unless you CHOOSE to be offended." Oh, never mind...I won't see it...he's on ignore.

It would appear that Tim *chose* to be offended by something I said. Fancy that. See how that works?

He even chooses to act like he's 12 and posts little passive-aggressive commentary toward me, as if I give a ****.

He's never bothered to discuss it like an adult, so I don't know what his beef is. He has a lot of them, and they're hard to keep track of.

He busts the site rules all the time with personal attacks, but I don't care. Fire away there, from behind your sofa cushion fort of a block, Timmy. Just makes you look silly.

As far as Kimberly goes, she appears to be doing fine and does a lot of crew work at Reno. Seems to be something she enjoys. We chatted on FB around the time she was laid off about some ideas for jobs. I sent some local stuff I knew about but knew she was probably going to stay a California girl. See a post once in a while on FB from her, and seems like all is well. I get a laugh out of her always wearing heels when wrenching on airplanes. Quite a character.

Tim's little whiney note here insinuates that I'm somehow involved in whatever this "dick pic" crap is, and I can guarantee I'm not involved or interested in any of that ********.

What I do give a **** about, is how nice it was of Tim to attempt to link it to me, though. I suspect that was calculated and intentional, because he's been bored lately and making more petty comments toward me than usual, for whatever reasons he's made up in his head.

I hope the mods kicked anyone doing that off of here, if Kim ever reported it to them. They can't say, of course, since they don't talk about blocks, I'm sure.

Tim repeats the story at any opportunity, which I'm sure if it was dealt with my our mods, whoever it was isn't here anymore and it's a problem of the past. Say the word "woman" here and Tim will bring up the dick pick story. Never seen anyone try so hard to continually repeat a story to look PC. Every woman that shows up, Tim is there with the dick pic story.

(That'll help make the site look friendly... Super job there Tim.)

If Tim has evidence that someone here did it, hopefully he's passed it to the mods and appropriate action was taken, is all I can say, having zero knowledge of it firsthand myself.

Everyone needs a hobby. Tim's is whining about me. I just hope it keeps him busy and from annoying someone else less capable of not caring about his opinion of them in any way.

In that same vein, if you're targeted by Tim, I highly recommend just ignoring it. He puts you on ignore anyway, so it's totally a kiddy game that he plays.

I wouldn't have bothered responding except that he tailored his message to attempt to associate me with this other thing he always talks about.

I certainly don't condone any of that BS. Not really worried that folks here don't know that, but thought it was inappropriate of Tim to try to associate me with it.

That's pretty low, even for a guy who blocks people and then regularly takes pot shots at them from behind his little block wall.

But considering that pattern, it was only a surprise for a brief moment. Then it switched to the realization that it was just more of the same behavior pattern.

Kim is over on FB, and doing fine AFAICT. And hopefully the mods can assure Timmy that they've banned whoever sent her photos of body parts or whatever.

It would appear that Tim *chose* to be offended by something I said. Fancy that. See how that works?

He even chooses to act like he's 12 and posts little passive-aggressive commentary toward me, as if I give a ****.

He's never bothered to discuss it like an adult, so I don't know what his beef is. He has a lot of them, and they're hard to keep track of.

He busts the site rules all the time with personal attacks, but I don't care. Fire away there, from behind your sofa cushion fort of a block, Timmy. Just makes you look silly.

As far as Kimberly goes, she appears to be doing fine and does a lot of crew work at Reno. Seems to be something she enjoys. We chatted on FB around the time she was laid off about some ideas for jobs. I sent some local stuff I knew about but knew she was probably going to stay a California girl. See a post once in a while on FB from her, and seems like all is well. I get a laugh out of her always wearing heels when wrenching on airplanes. Quite a character.

Tim's little whiney note here insinuates that I'm somehow involved in whatever this "dick pic" crap is, and I can guarantee I'm not involved or interested in any of that ********.

What I do give a **** about, is how nice it was of Tim to attempt to link it to me, though. I suspect that was calculated and intentional, because he's been bored lately and making more petty comments toward me than usual, for whatever reasons he's made up in his head.

I hope the mods kicked anyone doing that off of here, if Kim ever reported it to them. They can't say, of course, since they don't talk about blocks, I'm sure.

Tim repeats the story at any opportunity, which I'm sure if it was dealt with my our mods, whoever it was isn't here anymore and it's a problem of the past. Say the word "woman" here and Tim will bring up the dick pick story. Never seen anyone try so hard to continually repeat a story to look PC. Every woman that shows up, Tim is there with the dick pic story.

(That'll help make the site look friendly... Super job there Tim.)

If Tim has evidence that someone here did it, hopefully he's passed it to the mods and appropriate action was taken, is all I can say, having zero knowledge of it firsthand myself.

Everyone needs a hobby. Tim's is whining about me. I just hope it keeps him busy and from annoying someone else less capable of not caring about his opinion of them in any way.

In that same vein, if you're targeted by Tim, I highly recommend just ignoring it. He puts you on ignore anyway, so it's totally a kiddy game that he plays.

I wouldn't have bothered responding except that he tailored his message to attempt to associate me with this other thing he always talks about.

I certainly don't condone any of that BS. Not really worried that folks here don't know that, but thought it was inappropriate of Tim to try to associate me with it.

That's pretty low, even for a guy who blocks people and then regularly takes pot shots at them from behind his little block wall.

But considering that pattern, it was only a surprise for a brief moment. Then it switched to the realization that it was just more of the same behavior pattern.

Kim is over on FB, and doing fine AFAICT. And hopefully the mods can assure Timmy that they've banned whoever sent her photos of body parts or whatever.
You're kidding...... People here actually send dick pics ??? I honestly thought that was just something you heard about some pervert on the news.

Oh for God's sake! A pretty girl comes on an airplane forum, posts pictures of herself and all the guys come running to flirt with her. She doesn't mind the attention and keeps it up for awhile. At some point it becomes ridiculous and she leaves. What else is there to know?

You guys do realize that there have been female members on this forum the whole time including right now, right?

Really? Do you have their email addresses?

:D

"they can't be offended if they choose not to be offended"

For the record, that's my quote and it wasn't in response to anything specific to women. If that's how Timmy interpreted it in his head, that's his malfunction.

That is a quote I've regularly used about all of human-kind. Mostly in reference to the perennially offended for OTHERS, like Tim.

Mostly 'cause two things.

A) I figure if an adult is offended by something I've said, they can say so, and I will listen and discuss like an adult, and do.

B) Usually when people say they're offended for someone it's a pretty big reach, like a celebrity or someone who's well used to, or more likely, willfully choosing to be in the spotlight of public opinion.

To say I have little empathy for those who choose willingly to be in the public spotlight and even make a living from it, whining that the public are a bunch of ass-hats, would be an understatement. Huge one.

As far as Tim being offended for another member here, someone not in the public spotlight and supposedly receiving photos or whatever, I'm fine with that. I personally also find it distasteful, but I wasn't told about it and have no reason to make it my business at all.

Kim told Tim so he had a duty to report it, as would have I. The mods have it from there, and that's pretty much it. They have whatever investigative process they have and I'm not a part of it.

Being offended about stuff is absolutely is a choice. Being offended for someone else, is always a bit more questionable, but might even be the right choice. I simply pointed out the obvious with my quote.

Someone can't offend me if I choose not to be offended. I usually don't. I'm usually more concerned about their weird or bad behavior than offended by it.

But I've seen bad people do really bad things and jibber jabber opinions and trolling on the Internet is way way way down that scale overall. It probably easily offends someone, but not me.

Once you've seen people actually harmed by others, blather on the Internet is pretty low on the "I'm going to pretend I'm offended by that," list.

Watching the Chicago crack head kill someone seconds before I rolled by in my van for $20, and seeing the aftermath of Chicago homeless guys beating another homeless guy's head in with a baseball bat and being the one who had to drive him to Cook County and see how Chicago's medical system treated him afterward...

Yeah, internet riffs and opinions typed on a screen are pretty much "first world problems" from here.

If you've lived a sheltered life, you probably think Internet words on message boards or even (good lord...) paid advertising websites with "news" about celebrities and politicians are a lot more important than they really are.

So apologies to Tim or anyone else who worries about such things. I guess. Not really though.

There's a guy I could introduce Tim to, who never did anything worse than stand on the wrong street corner in Chicago who has permanent brain damage and slurs all his speech from the results of a real argument and a last-resort hospital that let him sit in the waiting room for over an hour with his skull cracked from a real argument.

If misinterpreting things on the Internet with not a single clue why someone believes it, and the wielding "the mighty power of the block" on an Internet forum about aviation, makes someone feel like they made a real difference in that world, feel free. Knock yourself out.

PS... I drove the guy to the hospital because he was too scared to be in an ambulance. He'd been beaten repeatedly by Chicago cops, or so he claimed and people who worked there longer than I did, never confronted him or anyone else who claimed it. He wouldn't go anywhere near public safety uniformed people if he could help it, and after a head blow he definitely wouldn't.

So, it was that or he would have run off and died in an alley. We, the volunteers at the shelter, decided it was the best we could do and I was the unlucky guy who owned a van at the time.

I think I'll happily laugh at all of the "problems" people think they have on the Internet. If you want to see real problems, head on over to a homeless shelter or a prison ministry and let me know if you still think your petty Internet arguments about celebrities and politicians are worth getting "offended" over. Maybe toss in some volunteer time at a place that uses volunteers so that every penny their business earns can be spent on renovations to low income housing for single moms.

All those piddly little internet problems people thin they're saving the world from, from behind a keyboard, will just melt away in importance, I promise. That's when you see clearly that it's a willful choice to be a part of the perennially "offended" suburbanite popularity contest about who can be coolest by being offended by the latest offense-du-jour.

Hopefully that better frames my reasoning behind not giving much of a crap about these topics. Never seen any internet warriors claim they were offended that their city even has a homeless shelter... And scant few who donate time, money, or personal effort to house humans.

But here's my challenge to anyone who thinks they're "offended" by a politician or for someone who can speak for themselves. Mail $100 every time you're offended on the Internet to your local homeless shelter to feed a fellow human being. You'll get over your hair trigger on populist Internet topics real damn quick.

You're kidding...... People here actually send dick pics ??? I honestly thought that was just something you heard about some pervert on the news.

Well, if your junk looked like their junk you'd want to show it off. The ladies flock to the good stuff. :rolleyes:

[SARCASM OFF]

I'm just amazed that there are that many guys who think sending dick-pics accomplishes anything worthwhile. o_O

Last edited:
Still blown away... People from this site actually sent pics of their dicks?? Is that true???
If so we actually have some real perverts here.

I know we have people here that I don't much respect, but I don't believe we have anyone like that. I mean, shouldn't POA launch some sort of neighborhood pervert alert???

This thread went from "where's Kimberly?" To having the highest usage of the word dick really quickly. I totally understand why she is gone though. Wasn't long after I signed up, my email was collapsing under the weight of all the vagina photos I was getting. POA is really just a front for nudie photo sharing

This thread went from "where's Kimberly?" To having the highest usage of the word dick really quickly. I totally understand why she is gone though. Wasn't long after I signed up, my email was collapsing under the weight of all the vagina photos I was getting. POA is really just a front for nudie photo sharing

Finally! Someone who gets it.

My luck is any nekkid body part pictures sent to me would be a foot or ear...:p

Don't understand why people want to send that stuff around anyway.

YGTBFSM. I hope we banished the offenders from this community.

All I can think of is this SNL classic.

I'm just amazed that there are that many guys who think send dick-pics accomplishes anything worthwhile. o_O

the day the spinzone closed I posted an entire thread about mine. I should re-post in the new forum.

For people receiving unwanted private messages, it appears to be possible to limit who can send them.

Kimberly certainly was a lightning rod for attention. I am unsurprised she got a bit of the unwelcome sort. I certainly hope she can work out her medical issues and return tot he air, if that is indeed what she wishes to do. I am gladdened to hear that her employment situation situated itself. Being out of work is a drag.

For people receiving unwanted private messages, it appears to be possible to limit who can send them.
If you get an unwanted private message, report it. The mods don't know anything about PMs that are not reported, as they are not monitored.

Remember that this is a public site and anyone can read or join.

It's too bad that happened to her. I enjoyed reading her posts. This community lost a good contributor.
Oh for God's sake! A pretty girl comes on an airplane forum, posts pictures of herself and all the guys come running to flirt with her. She doesn't mind the attention and keeps it up for awhile. At some point it becomes ridiculous and she leaves. What else is there to know?

You guys do realize that there have been female members on this forum the whole time including right now, right?

Sending someone pictures of your penis is not flirting. I don't blame her for leaving.

If you get an unwanted private message, report it. The mods don't know anything about PMs that are not reported, as they are not monitored.

Remember that this is a public site and anyone can read or join.
Not all unwanted private messages violate rules. In my case, I just don't like private discussions of message board topics, for the most part.

Not all unwanted private messages violate rules. In my case, I just don't like private discussions of message board topics, for the most part.
It's up to the receiver of the message to report it, or not. That's not to say that the MC will take action if they find it doesn't violate a rule, but they don't know about PMs that are not reported.

Last edited:
It's too bad that happened to her. I enjoyed reading her posts. This community lost a good contributor.

Sending someone pictures of your penis is not flirting. I don't blame her for leaving.
Okay, as usual, this place is spinning one person's conjecture into absolute truth.

There is no evidence that Kimberly left POA for any reason other than because she has stopped flying due to some health issues, and is super busy with a new job. Those are the reasons she gave me, and I will take them at face value until SHE says otherwise.

Okay, as usual, this place is spinning one person's conjecture into absolute truth.

There is no evidence that Kimberly left POA for any reason other than because she has stopped flying due to some health issues, and is super busy with a new job. Those are the reasons she gave me, and I will take them at face value until SHE says otherwise.
I'm not spinning anything.

I'm not spinning anything.
Sorry, my comment was not aimed at you personally.

My point is that, as usual, POA starts with a nugget of truth ("Kimberly has left us") and inexorably progresses, in classic fashion, to "it's due to dick pics".

This place really is exactly like the old Norman Rockwell picture...
e6a5a2866cef5559abc925f82ac812db.jpg

Sorry, my comment was not aimed at you personally.

My point is that, as usual, POA starts with a nugget of truth ("Kimberly has left us") and inexorably progresses, in classic fashion, to "it's due to dick pics".

This place really is exactly like the old Norman Rockwell picture...
e6a5a2866cef5559abc925f82ac812db.jpg

The way I heard it she was on an Around the World flight and vanished….
Or was that someone named Amelia? :)

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that 6PC is keeping out of this thread?

Ah well. If anyone sees her, tell her the non-dick-picture ones of us say hi. Kimberly Anne and I got our certificates a month or two apart, I was just a little slower at it.

By the way, Kimberly was the first POA-er I've met in person.

Is it just me or did anyone else notice that 6PC is keeping out of this thread?

Ah well. If anyone sees her, tell her the non-dick-picture ones of us say hi. Kimberly Anne and I got our certificates a month or two apart, I was just a little slower at it.

Pretty sure he only sends them to addresses from this place http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/ when using other people's devices.

I'm at a total loss to understand what is the purpose of or what is gained by a 'dick' pic.

Let's face it guys, women aren't very welcomed here...and many have been treated very poorly. Look at how MotoFlier et. al. ganged up on a few women last fall. They were freakin' ruthless. And when I brought it up, I heard the same old macho sh*t:

"they can't be offended if they choose not to be offended"

and

"oh, look at Timmy, he wants to be the f***ing knight in shining armor again."

and you know...that's just b*llsh*t.

We shouldn't feel like we have carte blanche to offend just because we're behind a computer screen and not face to face...especially the women.

Yes, flying is essentially a man's game but we should welcome women into the fold instead of doing everything we can to try to make them feel unwelcomed. And many of the more misogynist individual here (and there are many) do just that.

This ^^^ times a million. I almost gave the middle finger to POA a few times early on. Got my fair share of inappropriate messages as well. I've only stuck with it because I learn a lot from some of the threads/topics and have met a few pretty OK folks. I'm a really hard to offend person, but the misogyny is generally pretty thick here and it gets old fast. I've learned to just walk from the threads and posts that make me see red.

Back