Kimberlyanne

yakdriver

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
yellow peril
Anyone know what happened to Kimberlyanne546. She was very gung ho and had several thousand posts and then just dropped of the radar in 2014. Liked following her adventures and seeing someone progress from student to confident pilot. Don

Ditto... She was really after the flying thing and doing it well. Her website iflylikeagirl.com is blank.

My recollection is that Kim may have had some medical issues, as well, but that may be a flawed recollection. Love her spirit.

She is involved in crewing at the Reno Air Races. I see her on occasion when I am in San Francisco.

She's also been doing some work with the Coast Guard Auxiliary.

Last year after the races at Reno she was downtown grabbing a drink and enjoying some blackjack. Story has it a Sam Elliott look-alike sat down next to her and said, "Hey, there, little filly! How about we ride around in my CitationJet for a while and see what happens?" She replied, "How about you let me fly it around for a while and THEN maybe we'll see what happens?" She has not been heard from since. I guess they both got lucky that night.

At least, that's the way I want her story to be told. She was good for this place.

I have seen her a few times on Facebook. I sent her a message on Facebook that people were asking about her and asked her to check in. :)

Last edited:
Last year after the races at Reno she was downtown grabbing a drink and enjoying some blackjack. Story has it a Sam Elliott look-alike sat down next to her and said, "Hey, there, little filly! How about we ride around in my CitationJet for a while and see what happens?" She replied, "How about you let me fly it around for a while and THEN maybe we'll see what happens?" She has not been heard from since. I guess they both got lucky that night.

At least, that's the way I want her story to be told. She was good for this place.

Odd that the song Brandy came on the radio just as I was reading this....

So....she started out small and grew into a jet huh? GOOD for her!

Attachments

• Lonely Boonville.jpg
    Lonely Boonville.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 111
Maybe a few too many "dick pics" sent to her by some of our more...ummm...inappropriate members here.

(seriously, we had this conversation when we went flying together at the 6Y9 fly-in. She had received MANY!)

There are definitely some sick MoFo's lurking here...as there is in all corners of the interwebz.

Saying this place is not very hospitable to women would be the understatement of the century.

Edit: Waiting for Nate to chime in with "you can't be offended unless you CHOOSE to be offended." Oh, never mind...I won't see it...he's on ignore.

Maybe a few too many "dick pics" sent to her by some of our more...ummm...inappropriate members here.

(seriously, we had this conversation when we went flying together at the 6Y9 fly-in. She had received MANY!)

There are definitely some sick MoFo's lurking here...as there is in all corners of the interwebz.

WHAT? That is kinda sick.

Saying this place is not very hospitable to women would be the understatement of the century.

Edit: Waiting for Nate to chime in with "you can't be offended unless you CHOOSE to be offended." Oh, never mind...I won't see it...he's on ignore.

I want to say "You can't be serious!" But I fear you are. That's just sick.

Sad.

Real sad.

Just Facebooked with Kimberly a bit. She's alive, employed, but hasn't flown since 2015 due to a medical issue. She says she's super busy with work and hasn't had time for POA or Facebook.

Mary and I hope to see her at Reno this year. She's a peach!

Just Facebooked with Kimberly a bit. She's alive, employed, but hasn't flown since 2015 due to a medical issue. She says she's super busy with work and hasn't had time for POA or Facebook.

Mary and I hope to see her at Reno this year. She's a peach!

That's too bad she can't fly. Do you know if it's an "as PIC" thing or that it's unpleasant or dangerous? If it's just lack of a medical, I'll make an open invitation to a Bay Tour and let her fly right seat.

Last I heard she was moving to San Francisco. It was years ago.

Let's face it guys, women aren't very welcomed here...and many have been treated very poorly. Look at how MotoFlier et. al. ganged up on a few women last fall. They were freakin' ruthless. And when I brought it up, I heard the same old macho sh*t:

"they can't be offended if they choose not to be offended"

and

"oh, look at Timmy, he wants to be the f***ing knight in shining armor again."

and you know...that's just b*llsh*t.

We shouldn't feel like we have carte blanche to offend just because we're behind a computer screen and not face to face...especially the women.

Yes, flying is essentially a man's game but we should welcome women into the fold instead of doing everything we can to try to make them feel unwelcomed. And many of the more misogynist individual here (and there are many) do just that.

Tim:

I throw BS on your post there.

There are, in any random sample, some real jerks, but there's nothing about PoA (in particular) that applies here, and there are quite a few people here who have been good friends to Kim and to many other women who fly.

If you want to make things better, help us by flagging bad behavior, rather than painting the whole community with teh actions of a (relative) few. You can be part of the cure- step on up!

Spike,

It's no worse here than any other part of the Internet. But it's no better either. And that's what I stated above.

Nothing about my posts is inaccurate. I've reported many things I've viewed as inappropriate over the years (including some the crap that was going down last fall) and have received nary a peep from the MC in return.

With one exception...that's unrelated to what's being discussed here.

Last edited:
OK, I agree with most of that - but it's my hope we could hold ourselves to a higher standard!

Perhaps I dream...,

I can guarantee that if i had sent one of these pics u r talking about that she would have left PoA much sooner.

I do find it hard to believe that there was more than one person who sent those pics....there are a few dbags here but it's not like a young, uh, cocky dbaggery. That sounds a little shocking to me.

I can guarantee that if i had sent one of these pics u r talking about that she would have left PoA much sooner.

I do find it hard to believe that there was more than one person who sent those pics....there are a few dbags here but it's not like a young, uh, cocky dbaggery. That sounds a little shocking to me.
I'm sure there are plenty of lurkers, too. Wasn't there some kind of stalker problem a few years ago? I thought a female member started getting PMs from some guy. Dunno, maybe I'm misremembering.

I'm sure there are plenty of lurkers, too. Wasn't there some kind of stalker problem a few years ago? I thought a female member started getting PMs from some guy. Dunno, maybe I'm misremembering.

You're not misremembering, I recall that also.

IIRC...from what she told me at 6Y9...it wasn't young guys. "Older than me?" I asked.

Yep, was the answer.

and, full disclosure, I sent her photos of my junk too but she wasn't offended because she didn't have a magnifying glass.

I liked her. She had a good attitude towards flying and life. She offered to take my wife and me on a Bay tour by air when we were out that way on vacation. I am glad she's doing well and having fun.

Eeeww.

I've reached an age where, when I hear about some guy doing that, it makes me feel like I need to take action to protect my "daughter."

I always enjoyed Kimberlyanne's posts too. I'm glad to hear she is doing well, just decided not to hang out here with a bunch of dirty old men :).

Oh for God's sake! A pretty girl comes on an airplane forum, posts pictures of herself and all the guys come running to flirt with her. She doesn't mind the attention and keeps it up for awhile. At some point it becomes ridiculous and she leaves. What else is there to know?

You guys do realize that there have been female members on this forum the whole time including right now, right?

Back