Gaston's V in 2008...attendance list

Alright, Diana, you might as well add me to the list.

(Shivering with gleeful anticipation)

We are gonna have SO MUCH FUN!

Thanks, Diana!

I think so too. It's the first time we're staying two nights. (and I know that's underachieving in this crowd.)

awesome lance, im sorta hoping to come down thursday this year. we'll see!

Whewwwwwwww Thanks Dianna. I was worried I wasn't gonna be allowed to land. :dunno:

That's not up to Diana, anyway.

You have to make application (in triplicate) to Steve... :D

Ya missed us. Dave and Carleen will be there too too, arriving Friday, departing Monday.

:blueplane:

hum, guess that is even more incentive to get my butt there this year. So will there be Tai Chi classes on the side of the runway in the morning?

Missa

Last edited:
So I should avoid looking at the Bo my DE has for sale so that I don't have to fill in forms. Got it! :)

...not everyone is up for flying fast, 'tis true... :D

So will there be Tai Chi classes on the side of the runway in the morning?

Missa
Missa, if you come and join us at Gaston's, I'll get back into my Tai Chi and I'll join you on the side of the runway in the morning. Or next to the river would be good too. :yes:

Missa, if you come and join us at Gaston's, I'll get back into my Tai Chi and I'll join you on the side of the runway in the morning. Or next to the river would be good too. :yes:

Well there is two for the class... :yes: Now all we need is to convince Dave's better half to teach. :rolleyes: or at least re-teach me! I was ok when I left MI but I'll have to get out that tape and work on it between now and Gastons or Carleen may notice how bad I've become. :eek:

Missa

How about some quidditch?

The first intercollegiate Quidditch match was held here this month, and though this version of the game is earthbound, it's taking off. Originally played by wizards darting about on broomsticks in the Harry Potter novels, the game is now taking root on college campuses.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2007-11-26-quidditch_N.htm?csp=34&loc=interstitialskip

So, here's how Quidditch is played according to earthbound rules:
Brooms are required, leaving only one hand available, making the game harder as you chase the game ball, a slightly deflated volleyball.
Each team has seven players.
Three chasers throw the ball among them as they work down the field. If they get it through one of three circular goals (think hula hoops on poles), the team scores 10 points.
At the same time, two other team members fling around dark balls called bludgers in an attempt to distract and knock over opposing players. When a player is hit with a bludger, he must drop any ball he is holding and run back to his goal zone before he can make any more plays.
Seekers try to catch the most elusive ball, the Golden Snitch. In the Rowling books, the Snitch flies about independently. In real life, it hangs in a sock from the shorts of a player selected for fleetness of foot. The Snitch disappears for periods of time, reappearing on the field to shrieks of the crowd. The Snitch player has a much larger boundary than the others, often covering a large part of campus. Seekers can follow him. Catching the Snitch is worth 50 points, and once the Snitch is caught, the game ends.

Leah's Cousin was a cheerleader for the Mollywobbles. Glad they got some great press!

Oh.

My.

God.

That is SO uber-Geek.

Is photography allowed? (GDNR!!!)

I tried so hard to get some unflattering pictures of the women of Gastons, 3 years in a row....

I haven't found one yet.

I tried so hard to get some unflattering pictures of the women of Gastons, 3 years in a row....

I haven't found one yet.
Well, aren't you sweet. :) Nick, these guys could take lessons from you.

I tried at Oshkosh too Nick. Even a nice picture of Diana administering First Aid to Matt Sawhill at the bar wasnt Flattering enough! :D:D

I tried at Oshkosh too Nick. Even a nice picture of Diana administering First Aid to Matt Sawhill at the bar wasnt Flattering enough! :D:D
OH, yeah, that one. :D Is that the time that the garden gnome drank some of your margarita and spit it in Matt's eye? Or something like that.

OH, yeah, that one. :D Is that the time that the garden gnome drank some of your margarita and spit it in Matt's eye? Or something like that.

yes i think that was it, in the completely flattering photo, you are putting eyedrops into matts bloodshot tearing eye.

Okay... The margarita spit in the eye has me interested! Is this thing an envite only deal, or do you just reserve a room and show up? Do you require a minimum payload of tequila or beer for Chip to let you land? I may have to look into reserving a room to make the 45 min hop over there...

-Matt

Okay... The margarita spit in the eye has me interested! Is this thing an envite only deal, or do you just reserve a room and show up? Do you require a minimum payload of tequila or beer for Chip to let you land? I may have to look into reserving a room to make the 45 min hop over there...

-Matt

Come one, come all. Tequila isn't required (but it sure does help). :D

Okay... The margarita spit in the eye has me interested!
:D I don't know if the spittin' garden gnome will be there, but the margaritas might be. :D

Is this thing an invite only deal, or do you just reserve a room and show up?
You don't need an invitation to come, but consider yourself officially invited anyway. :yes: This is a fly-in for everyone! I just like to keep track of numbers for the resort and for a rough guess for dinner reservations.

Hopefully Jesse will have our web site going so that we can sign in and get better organized. :fcross:

Several people fly in for just one day and don't spend the night.

yes i think that was it, in the completely flattering photo, you are putting eyedrops into matts bloodshot tearing eye.

OK, I fixed it so that it isn't unflattering. :)

Attachments

• Eye drops.jpg
    Eye drops.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 55
Uh oh, might have to mark me down as a tentative now. I may not have wings by then.

Back