Gaston's V in 2008...attendance list

my friend said that she might want to come along. problem is, is that she has to be at work on saturday morning. is there anyway that someone can drop her off at an airport that has service with united, on friday afternoon? or am i crazy for thinking this?

my friend said that she might want to come along. problem is, is that she has to be at work on saturday morning. is there anyway that someone can drop her off at an airport that has service with united, on friday afternoon? or am i crazy for thinking this?

Getting there, when??? Heck, things haven't even gotten started by then.

Sure, I'm glad to fly her, just pick the airport. PM me about it. :)

Oh, and I haven't added my name here, I'm coming! :D

Getting there, when??? Heck, things haven't even gotten started by then.

I know thats what I was trying to tell her. I think she wants to get there Thursday. She wasn't sure...neither am I. :dunno:

Maybe I will tell her to save up her vacation time and come next year.

I know thats what I was trying to tell her. I think she wants to get there Thursday. She wasn't sure...neither am I. :dunno:

Maybe I will tell her to save up her vacation time and come next year.

You gonna be there Thursday? I (we) are trying to decide whether we want to come Thursday or save the pennies.

If someone is willing to split the cost of my deluxe, I am more than willing to come down on Thursday. (I may do it anyway, but as of this time on Sunday, I am not committed.)

It'll be Friday a.m. for us; We've got a high school graduation to attend on Thursday.

I had a great time last year. I would put my chances for this year at 20%.:fcross:
ApacheBob

Regrets -- just got tasked for a 10-day IR course in Ohio starting June 7. That's too much money to turn down in order to attend. :(

You missed this newcomer, me. I will be there. and Maybe Jason Miller as well, Still not sure about that yet. But will let you know as soon as I do.

-Will

Woohoo! Just got final approval to take the Archer! :D

Now let's hope the WX holds out...

That's too much money to turn down in order to attend. :(

Thats why I am not going to make it, I have been asked to teach an E.V.O.C. class at NWMSU in Maryville, MO. So its, make some extra cash or spend some extra cash, making sounded better. You all have fun and see ya next year.:cheerswine:

Thats why I am not going to make it, I have been asked to teach an E.V.O.C. class at NWMSU in Maryville, MO. So its, make some extra cash or spend some extra cash, making sounded better. You all have fun and see ya next year.:cheerswine:
Aww, Dean, I can't believe you aren't coming! Dangit.

What are the IAPs into Gaston's?? ;)

Irrelevant since I won't have an IR, CFII, or safety pilot with me for that trip. :D

Probably making the trip solo. That'll be a long trip with just me and the O-360 purring away, and center/approach/whoever to keep me company. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Irrelevant since I won't have an IR, CFII, or safety pilot with me for that trip. :D

Probably making the trip solo. That'll be a long trip with just me and the O-360 purring away, and center/approach/whoever to keep me company. Can't wait!

You'll love it :) However if you have Missa along, all bets are off :rofl:

Well.. I still had my fingers crossed for a surprise (to me) late arrival on Saturday. I had my Saturday AM shift covered at work and everything! It looks like my sister and her husband will be staying with us next weekend on their return trip from down south. It'll be good to hang out with them, but I was hoping that it might actually work out for me to attend Gaston's this year. :(

Make sure there are plenty of pics!

We'll miss you, Chris! I was hoping to finally get an RV grin. Can't believe I started building a -7 and have yet to ride in any Van's product!

Well ok I will be there with a friend and fellow film maker. Sadly Jason could not make it. But I can not wait to see and meet you all.

-Will

Got the Mooney gassed, cleaned (even the bottom :D) charts loaded, O2 in, new batteries in headset, etc this morning. A little early but just found out we're making Panama trip #5 tomorrow morning ( N 6 2 1 R B )and won't be back until Thursday. Not sure if I'll have internet down there or not.

I'm also not sure when Sue and I will be leaving Friday, but I'm looking forward to seeing everybody when we do arrive. Have a safe flight all. N57039 will be on FlightAware.

Ugh. My Right Tach just went down. Thursday the shop said they'd have it done, they ordered the WRONG PART. Down this weekend. Reserved a club 172 but that will be a painful ride....Hoping he gets it right.....quickly. Sigh.

Ugh. My Right Tach just went down. Thursday the shop said they'd have it done, they ordered the WRONG PART. Down this weekend. Reserved a club 172 but that will be a painful ride....Hoping he gets it right.....quickly. Sigh.
Don't you just hate this last minute stuff! I hope they get it fixed right and in time too. See you there.

In the extremly unlikely chance you got enough time cleared you could ride with us. :D

My Cherokee is in the maintenance hangar being annualled.

If you have an ADF you can listen to some smokin banjo music over Kentucky west of Elizabethtown KY.

What are the IAPs into Gaston's?? ;)

3m0plate.png

Hey Bruce, your ride will be painful but short. What about ours? 925 nm. :(

Back