Gaston's V in 2008...attendance list

Man, Kent I was just thinking the same thing to myself. I have been trying to scrape some coin together and work out a plan to see if I can make it again this year by either going SWA to STL and bumming a ride from a midwesterner going south or twisting Andrew's arm to go in his 182. But it seems like this is going to be a mini Osh and there may be no room at the inn ( so to speak) :(

And Spike there won't be a pilot in every cabin because that Drug Rehab group " Casting for Recovery" is always there when the pilots are there.

Just fly SWA to KBNA and catch a ride with me.:yes:

Well, maybe not. I just found out that our 9th annual Cavalcade of Planes will be that same weekend at 1C5, so at least one of the club members who was planning to come down to Gaston's won't be able to make it.

Huh... Does A&M put on the Cavalcade, or is that done by someone else? I'd think they'd want to keep you folks around so they'd have some volunteers or something. ;)

Adam - Im pretty sure that if there was no rooms available Gastons would probably be OK with you camping :) Hope to see you there!

Huh... Does A&M put on the Cavalcade, or is that done by someone else? I'd think they'd want to keep you folks around so they'd have some volunteers or something. ;)
It was originated by the original owners of A&M, but it's now a Village (airport) thing, with heavy involvement from the Illinois Aviation Museum at Bolingbrook. Though A & M certainly plays a big role, so the chief pilot/owner would be massacred by his manager/co-owner/wife if he wasn't there to help out! :)

It's official, my wife and I will be attending! We'll show up Friday and leave Sunday.

It sounds like they're getting low on the single family accomodations. We couldn't get a room with a stove, had to settle for the standard bedroom accomodation. They still had the higher end multi-bedroom suites and cabins, but that's out of our price range this year.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone there!

-Matt

If folks show up with sleeping bags, and don't mind pulling up a piece of carpet, we can find places for all of those who wish to attend...:yes:
Gaston's will supply cots, too.

Adam, don't let sleeping arrangements keep you from coming. You KNOW that we will find you a place to stay if you come. :yes:

Okay, in all liklihood, I'm looking at about a 90% attendance probability with a +1 next to me. Gotta find a room soon, methinks.

Okay, in all liklihood, I'm looking at about a 90% attendance probability with a +1 next to me. Gotta find a room soon, methinks.
That's great Nick. Be sure to sign up on the attendance list on Jesse's new site to help me keep track of numbers.

Despite how much I really want to be there, I'm going to have to wait before I commit my attendance. I have a wedding to go to in STL at the end of may, and I have to go back to STL again sometime in June to become a godfather (not for the same couple). So, my travel budget at that time of year might be a little stretched, and I seriously doubt I'll be able to spend the ~$1000 for the plane rental, nevermind the room and food. I might have to put off my Gaston's appearance until 09.

Despite how much I really want to be there, I'm going to have to wait before I commit my attendance. I have a wedding to go to in STL at the end of may, and I have to go back to STL again sometime in June to become a godfather (not for the same couple). So, my travel budget at that time of year might be a little stretched, and I seriously doubt I'll be able to spend the ~$1000 for the plane rental, nevermind the room and food. I might have to put off my Gaston's appearance until 09.
You should know better than to try that excuse :D I'll come down to TX and pick you up.

-Felix

Felix, I definitely appreciate the offer. I'm still trying to shake out some ride options but you might be getting a PM from me when the time gets closer.

I just upgraded mine and Rachel's status to "Hopeful". My 10-year high school reunion :hairraise::hairraise::hairraise: is coming up a couple of weekends after Gaston's, so we were worried about taking two trips so close together. I guess this winter has had an effect on us more than we thought -- we're ready to get the heck outta Dodge any time we can! I interviewed for a job on Friday that should allow me to NOT have to work on weekends, which will make things even more acceptable for our attendance. :yes: :fcross:

Troy, you have too much energy!

For me, Gaston's is about:

(1) watching airplanes;
(2) watching pilots;
(3) talking about airplanes;
(4) talking about pilots;
(5) flying around in airplanes;
(6) taking pictures of airplanes;
(7) taking pictures of pilots (and their families);
(8) taking pictures of pilots in airplanes;
(9) sleeping and dreaming about airplanes;
(10) eating enough to sustain strength to do 1 through 9, above; and
(11) making plans to come back, next year, to do it all again.

You can play golf anywhere.

Oh, no, Spike, I don't golf. Sold the clubs some time ago. Was almost as expensive as flying, and I never mastered "making the ball go straight". Just wondered if any others have taken advantage of the nearby course... I agree with you: AIRPLANES!!

Oh, no, Spike, I don't golf. Sold the clubs some time ago. Was almost as expensive as flying, and I never mastered "making the ball go straight". Just wondered if any others have taken advantage of the nearby course... I agree with you: AIRPLANES!!

That's our guy!

Troy, you have too much energy!

For me, Gaston's is about:

(1) watching airplanes;
(2) watching pilots;
(3) talking about airplanes;
(4) talking about pilots;
(5) flying around in airplanes;
(6) taking pictures of airplanes;
(7) taking pictures of pilots (and their families);
(8) taking pictures of pilots in airplanes;
(9) sleeping and dreaming about airplanes;
(10) eating enough to sustain strength to do 1 through 9, above; and
(11) making plans to come back, next year, to do it all again.

You can play golf anywhere.

Yep, that's about it...... :D

Everyone - I, unfortunately, am out for this year. I hope to make next year's event. The better half and I had some familial obligations come up that weekend, so I am unable to come. Also, the budget should be more friendly for it next year. I look forward to hearing about the fun and seeing pictures, as I did last year, and I hope to meet you all in person in the future.

I'm still coming, but will probably drive in from Fort Worth instead of fly the 172--and bring the whole family, not just me and Teresa. I think the kids would enjoy the experience, and now that I have an extra room in the cabin....

I'll be happy to meet the whole clan.

I will be there. :)
And unfortunately she's going to steal my "farthest travelled" award, at an estimated 6800 NM round trip :mad:;) It's almost like she's flying in from Europe!

-Felix

PS: Why is there no coffee shop in Boston's C terminal? Who thought that was a good idea :confused:

I'm still coming, but will probably drive in from Fort Worth instead of fly the 172--and bring the whole family, not just me and Teresa. I think the kids would enjoy the experience, and now that I have an extra room in the cabin....

Two words Troy... Cherokee Six. :yes:

I think it's cause they have 2 Starbucks and a Dunkin Donuts in the B terminal :goofy:.
Now you tell me! I was going to sneak past the TSA and get some coffee from your aircraft's galley, but then I remembered that you don't have one. Time to upgrade to a jet! ;) :D

-Felix

Now you tell me! I was going to sneak past the TSA and get some coffee from your aircraft's galley, but then I remembered that you don't have one. Time to upgrade to a jet! ;) :D

-Felix

Hardy har har :p:goofy:. I actually got asked that again yesterday, on our next leg up to AUG. People just can't believe that we actually like flying the "tiniest little plane they've ever seen."

I forgot all about this thread. But sadly, I'll be recovering from surgery, and coping with an uncertain employment situation, so I definitely won't be able to attend this time around either.

I forgot all about this thread. But sadly, I'll be recovering from surgery, and coping with an uncertain employment situation, so I definitely won't be able to attend this time around either.
Gosh Frank...I hope everything turns out OK for you. Keep us posted.

And unfortunately she's going to steal my "farthest travelled" award, at an estimated 6800 NM round trip :mad:;) It's almost like she's flying in from Europe!

-Felix

PS: Why is there no coffee shop in Boston's C terminal? Who thought that was a good idea :confused:

But Felix....Im flying to Gaston's with YOU!!!!! :)

Back