Gaston's V in 2008...attendance list

I guess I will bring a Cessna 150 then. :rofl:
Hey Greg if you bring a C-150 we wont let you in:D
So you better bring the 195 , besides if i can make it i want to fly it again, I love that plane even if the wings are in the wrong position, But The ROUND MOTOR makes up for that .
Dave G.:blueplane:

Hey Greg if you bring a C-150 we wont let you in:D
So you better bring the 195 , besides if i can make it i want to fly it again, I love that plane even if the wings are in the wrong position, But The ROUND MOTOR makes up for that .
Dave G.:blueplane:

Oh, I guarantee the 195 will be there. The 150 comment was a poke at Ken Ibold. :rofl:

Hey Clint, I'm still trying to convince Jeff to go, but if he doesn't want to, then I'd definitely be interested in splitting gas with you. Can the Archer take 4 + weekend luggage? That is, if your boss gets you the paperwork by then :). Be advised, it's a grass strip, but there is a paved airport nearby and plenty of people willing to come get us if you need to land there.

hayden-gastons.jpg

Hayden is modeling a very *early* preview of the new Gaston's website. With some luck--I might have a public beta online by the end of the weekend.

Looks pretty slick...:p

Hayden is modeling a very *early* preview of the new Gaston's website. With some luck--I might have a public beta online by the end of the weekend.

PJ,
4 People + full weekend luggage will be rough. We could do 4 Adults, Luggage, and a Fuel stop. (Im not sure what the distance is to this place form DWH, but one of the partners does Hooks - HOT all the time n/s w/ 2 adults). I flew her for the first time today, she is a dream. GNS430/KX155 etc., beauty beauty. :D

So June 2 & 3, correct? I'll see what next year bidding days off brings me.

Clint

Think you can get it started without burning it to the ground? :D
I'm willing to give it the old college try!:yes::D

Actually, hoping to come in our own plane. If not, then it'll either be the 182 we normally bring or the new T210 that's coming online Wednesday.

Well I've got my high school graduation on the 9th. Any bets on if I can make it there and back (650 miles one way) in a day? I'd probably be flying a Cherokee 140.

Any bets on if I can make it there and back (650 miles one way) in a day? I'd probably be flying a Cherokee 140.

Very unlikely. It could technically be possible--but given the time of the year you'll likely encounter pop up storms while enroute. I flew about 510 nm last year to Gastons. There is no way I would have had the energy or desire to return the same day.

You don't want to force yourself on a schedule. It's the first step in setting yourself up to make a bad go decision.

I wrote about my trip last year here:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14595

PJ,
4 People + full weekend luggage will be rough. We could do 4 Adults, Luggage, and a Fuel stop. (Im not sure what the distance is to this place form DWH, but one of the partners does Hooks - HOT all the time n/s w/ 2 adults). I flew her for the first time today, she is a dream. GNS430/KX155 etc., beauty beauty. :D

So June 2 & 3, correct? I'll see what next year bidding days off brings me.

Clint

Well, you and "the missus" are pretty small people - I think it could work ;). Total trip from DWH - 3M0 is 405.5nm, according to aeroplanner.com. If we have to stop for gas, we have to stop for gas. But, like I said, I had asked Jeff about it first, so I'll have to wait and see what he says before we make any solid plans. However, thanks for the offer to share the ride!

Mary and I have a room booked (Cabin/room #11), now if the club plane remains as the club plane and not sold by years end we are all set. If it does get sold we will be taking a first trip in our new plane.....whatever that might be. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• gastons08.jpg
    gastons08.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 23
Very unlikely. It could technically be possible--but given the time of the year you'll likely encounter pop up storms while enroute. I flew about 510 nm last year to Gastons. There is no way I would have had the energy or desire to return the same day.

You don't want to force yourself on a schedule. It's the first step in setting yourself up to make a bad go decision.

I wrote about my trip last year here:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14595

Well it was suggested that I fly down there after grad on the 9th, and come back on the 10th. I'll probably just wait till '09 though.

Hey!

Guess the guys flyin twins are omitted this year, huh? Don't see Lance Fisher on here, or Dave S (me). Course, Dr. Bruce counts.
Don't know who's coming with me this year. Probably just be there on Saturday again and fly into Mountain Home.

Can see if Tony and Ken are ready to practice the gear light out procedure again <g>

Best,

Dave

So I was just looking at my calendar, because I really want to go, but it seems like 6 June '08 is something important (other than the anniversary of D-Day). Then it dawned on me...it's exactly a week and a day before my wedding. So I move that the fly in be pushed back a week and moved to Minneapolis. I'm sure the fiancee wouldn't mind if I bug out for the airport after the ceremony. As much as I really appreciate everyone's offers of a ride, I think that might be pushing it a bit with work (and my real boss). We'll see...I'll still hold out hope.

You know, Gaston's is really a beautiful site. Perfect for a wedding! Think about the peacocks fanning their tail-feathers for your guests! And the idyllic river in the background. And the aircraft dropping rice from 1000', and...

You know, Gaston's is really a beautiful site. Perfect for a wedding! Think about the peacocks fanning their tail-feathers for your guests! And the idyllic river in the background. And the aircraft dropping rice from 1000', and...
Absolutely! I agree! How romantic! :yes: I was hoping that Joe Areeda would get married at Gaston's, but alas.

Any other takers????? Even a marriage proposal would be cool! :yes:

Believe you me, I'm all for the idea! But I'll give you the fiancee's phone number if you want to try to sell her on the idea. Good luck. :hairraise::hairraise::rofl:

Believe you me, I'm all for the idea! But I'll give you the fiancee's phone number if you want to try to sell her on the idea. Good luck. :hairraise::hairraise::rofl:
Don't forget the ROCs! You can't post someone else's phone or address!:rofl::no:

seriously matt, she would love it. it is like heaven on earth.

seriously matt, she would love it. it is like heaven on earth.

Of anyone on here, Tony, I'd think you'd know just how treacherous it is to try to convince her to do anything that involves her having to be at an airport any longer than to throw me out of the car :D.

haha, but seriously Gastons is an all around fun event! no lie!

And it's not an airport! It's a RESORT that happens to have a place to land your plane! :yes: ^)

Of anyone on here, Tony, I'd think you'd know just how treacherous it is to try to convince her to do anything that involves her having to be at an airport any longer than to throw me out of the car :D.

and come to think of it you dont HAVE to bring her :D she can be busy planning wedding stuff and whatever, as long as you are back for the actual cermeony. I mean, the wedding is all about the bride anyway, right?? :dunno:

:D:D:D

And it's not an airport! It's a RESORT that happens to have a place to land your plane! :yes: ^)

"This resort is so exclusive, you've never heard of...and don't even both trying to look it up online...just be happily surprised."

I like it. :yes::D:redface::hairraise:

and come to think of it you dont HAVE to bring her :D she can be busy planning wedding stuff and whatever, as long as you are back for the actual cermeony. I mean, the wedding is all about the bride anyway, right?? :dunno:

:D:D:D

I think she said you're wearing a pink tux now, with a pink parasol. :redface::eek:

I think she said you're wearing a pink tux now, with a pink parasol. :redface::eek:

It'd be worth it, and he'd do it if it meant y'all would make it. :yes:

Move the wedding up a few days. Gaston's is now THE HONEYMOON. :goofy:

It'd be worth it, and he'd do it if it meant y'all would make it. :yes:

yep, spike as usual is right on target. and i already told her that by accepting to be a groomsman i accepted to submit myself to her whim.

Move the wedding up a few days. Gaston's is now THE HONEYMOON. :goofy:

now THATS an idea!

Hmmm... a proposal at Gaston's... that's an interesting idea... ::strokes chin in contemplation:: No promises, though.

Hmmm... a proposal at Gaston's... that's an interesting idea... ::strokes chin in contemplation:: No promises, though.

better hope the girlfriend doesnt lurk on the forum! :D

No, I'm sure she doesn't lurk here, and that was who I'm thinking of proposing to :). Not sure I'd do it at Gaston's either - that would be really special to me, but maybe not as much to her.

Back