Would you leave your Job

Would you leave your current Job if you had a Job Offer for a FO position at a Major Airlines?

I really like my IT career, but there is a Always what if I had gone down a different path. Parents discouraged me to pursue a flying career and pushed me into the Military. I was a young didn't know any better just out of High school young man.

I think I would leave my IT career behind in a Heart Beat, but than again I really just like flying for fun. There are other thoughts of, I would be away from home alot. I'm home just about every night with an occasional travel that takes me away from home.

Seriously considering making it happen. Not in the hypothetical way presented, but by getting stuff done.

The goal at first wouldn't be to go to a carrier, it would simply to be to get the CFI done. Then re-evaluate. I enjoy teaching. It could be part time or full time. Also wouldn't mind instructing in gliders besides powered instruction. Enjoy both immensely.

The biggest hurdle after that is a degree. I'm the quintessential tech dropout who did great without one. Could easily finish out my career without one, too.

BTW you can make really good money in IT pushing Buttons.

This is what makes it hard. We literally have George Jetson's job. Push buttons, money comes out. Obviously it's not quite that simple, but after a lot of dues paid and experience, it feels that way. I haven't solved a significantly NEW problem in IT in years.

I've certainly solved the same problems over and over again and watched developers and designers make the same mistakes over and over again, however, and there's money in knowing how to help them avoid them, if they listen. They listen about 20% of the time.

But hey, the backups started failing on the mail system again today and they paid me big bucks to sit there and analyze and fix it once again.

This job isn't a challenge anymore. That's part of it. And part of it is that the really big challenges in IT are mostly scale issues and complexity reduction issues. Make Mr. Machine do one of two things only - make or save the company money. Then keep it running and quit screwing with it when you don't have to. It really is that simple.

Wait, I didn't know IT pays 6 figures. :hairraise:

With the right experience in the correct disciplines, it does. The inside joke is that those disciplines are often awful stuff nobody wants to deal with, or lots of those things.

If you're willing to shovel the ****, the "golden handcuffs" await.

The OP's proposal is a fantasy scenario as no major airline is going to hire a pilot who has no previous relevant work experience as an FO. I could say that I'm interested in emergency medicine but no one is going to let me walk in as an assistant in an ER.

You could be a Paramedic very quickly.

Anyway... The ups and downs of the CFI thing for me are:

Pros:
- Flying. I don't care if it's a job, I'll always enjoy it.
- The whole "follow a passion" thing. It's not going to pay the bills but it has a value.

Cons:
- Would have to quit the current IT job. I've messed around in my head for quite a while trying to figure out how I would make time to go to the airport multiple times a week, and it doesn't work.
- Loss of high salary. It's a big deal. But we're debt free. I don't NEED the job. Budget change means big changes to retirement plans and toy purchases. Not "I won't have a place to live or food to eat."

Neither Pro nor Con but being weighed:
- Medical stuff. I never worried about my medical when I was 20 or 30, but at 40+ you think a little harder about tying a job to health.
- Airplane jobs ultimately mean travel and/or moving. Not sure I feel like doing that. Wife says she's okay with it, actually. I like my little pad on the prairie.
- Would I need to or want to sell out of the 182 co-ownership? Owning and not flying a 182 would be a shame but it's not the right airplane for a "career building" mission in aviation. Going to have to become a renter again. Need time in retracts, more exposure to TAA, multi, gliders, etc.
- Hiring Windows: Both my age counts a bit against me (but Jonesy's thread may prove that wrong) and the timing of the latest hiring spree. Always guesswork as to how long those will continue.

In the end it's the "flying leap" of quitting to make enough time to start blowing through cash on hand that can't ever be replaced in a decade of flying, to go flying, a LOT... that has me peering over the edge and not doing it yet... so far. Saving up the money for every rating one could ever want... except rotary wing... I could do that in a year. Could do it anyway and beat up some investments right now.

I silently wish someone at the office would do something SO inappropriate or immoral that I would have to quit in disgust... Hahaha.

Mulling it over isn't getting anything useful accomplished, but this is the first time other than one other, that I've talked about it with anyone else, barring perhaps a little poking at Karen with a few "what ifs" from time to time. She says she's game for whatever.

Messing with myself in my own head, mostly. Ha.

I've done both corporate and airlines. IMO the personal relationship in corporate sucks. I pretended to like the folks in the back basically because that was my job. Often they were grumpy, demanding weenies. I much prefer closing the door and let the flight attendants do their thing.
Also don't forget in the corporate world the crew often cleans & stocks the airplane, as well as updates manuals.

As for slugging through terminals, yes we do that in a daily basis vs a weekly basis. That said, slugging through as an airline employee is much easier. Same with hotels and transportation.

Corporate does have some nice looking airplanes, but they also have some dogs. Plus many cockpits are too small to move.
Right now I do a combination of charter/corporate, and one of the things I like is the interaction with the passengers. Sure some of them are weenies, but many are not. It also helps that on the corporate side we see many of the same passengers since the airplane is basically a shuttle for a larger corporation. I have never wanted to go airline and I am the only one of the four of us on the airplane who has never done 121. The others came from an airline job.

Take it from an old man who's been there and done that, that is NOT a good way to run your life. You are young and you have a choice between a mediocre career and following your passion. Make the right choice here, my friend. Inertia is the killer.

Yea...I just don't know how I would pay for my ATP...it seems like the only way to do it now a days is to finance it unless you have a rich family that can pay for it...but idk maybe it would be worth it if I enjoyed it.

I am 22 so I guess I have some time to figure things out. Engineering is certainly not a mediocre career by any means, but sometimes I wonder if I would enjoy flying more...a lot to consider I guess.

I have a friend who flies for Southwest and another who flies some corporate gig...both have told me to stick with engineering...they have mentioned it is pretty rough on a family if you ever decide to have one. You definitely pay your dues as a pilot...

Last edited:
Yea...I just don't know how I would pay for my ATP...it seems like the only way to do it now a days is to finance it unless you have a rich family that can pay for it...but idk maybe it would be worth it if I enjoyed it.

I am 22 so I guess I have some time to figure things out. Engineering is certainly not a mediocre career by any means, but sometimes I wonder if I would enjoy flying more...a lot to consider I guess.

I have a friend who flies for Southwest and another who flies some corporate gig...both have told me to stick with engineering...they have mentioned it is pretty rough on a family if you ever decide to have one. You definitely pay your dues as a pilot...

Work your way up from a CPL, maybe larger 121 regionals will pay for your ATP CTP

I've always been good with family and being home, 250hr first job to now.

CRJ. Hoping I'll get the 900 out of LGA or JFK. Class date is May 9th. Still have to build 150 more hours.

A starting regional pay in the city?

QOL?

You're ether going to commute like a mofo, or your going to be living in a box under the overpass, maybe a scotch guarded box if you're lucky.

Last edited:
OP Here.

So in all reality I understand by someone offering me a Dream Offer to fly for the Majors as FO with my hours and PPL isn't going to happen. I Get that.

I'm just sitting back here smoking wood thinking the What If I had taken a different path after High School and proceed to become an airline Pilot. Would I be happy flying for a living.

I love to fly and anything aviation related to a point of obsession. I fly both Radio control and Private Pilot. I have it bad :)

I was at my radio control field a couple of weeks ago speaking to a 747 cargo hauler pilot. I asked him "is it your day off today" ?He works a irregular schedule. He said I wanted to get some (Radio Control) flying in before he goes to work. I was puzzled by his comment. So he considers RC flying "Fun" and flying for a living "Work" He doesn't fly Single Engine airplanes.

Another Example:

I know someone that worked his way up from CFI, Hauling Cargo with Ameriflight, and now FO for Allegiant. He got his PPL at 16yr and now Mid 30's and just started working for Allegiant. That is a long road to get to the airlines and its regional. I don't know what took him so long. I have to ask. He hasn't flown Single engine for over 10 years.
I asked Him why? He Said "I don't a have the passion to fly as I use too" I offered to take him up an a Cessna C172 to rekindle that Passion. He hasn't taken me up on it.

I'm thinking of other ways to get more airtime that not going to break the bank. I say 8 more years I will be an empty nester. So that will put me in my early fifties. I'm thinking of being a CFI when all the kids move out and I can dedicate time to get my CFI and instruct on the side.

Sorry for the long read here.

Thank you

Last edited:
OP Here.

So in all reality I understand by someone offering me a Dream Offer to fly for the Majors as FO with my hours and PPL isn't going to happen. I Get that.

I'm just sitting back here smoking wood thinking the What If I had taken a different path after High School and proceed to become an airline Pilot. Would I be happy flying for a living.

I love to fly and anything aviation related to a point of obsession. I fly both Radio control and Private Pilot. I have it bad :)

I was at my radio control field a couple of weeks ago speaking to a 747 cargo hauler pilot. I asked him "is it your day off today" ?He work a irregular schedule. He said I wanted to get some (Radio Control) flying in before he goes to work. I was puzzled by his comment. So he considers RC flying and flying for a living "Work" He doesn't fly Single Engine airplanes.

Another Example:

I know someone that worked his way up from CFI, Hauling Cargo with Ameriflight, and now FO for Allegiant. He got his PPL at 16yr and now Mid 30's and just started working for Allegiant. That is a long road to get to the airlines and its regional. I don't know what took him so long. I have to ask. He hasn't flown Single engine for over 10 years.
I asked Him why? He Said "I don't a have the passion to fly as I use too" I offered to take him up an a Cessna C172 to rekindle that Passion. He hasn't taken me up on it.

I'm thinking of other ways to get more airtime that not going to break the bank. I say 8 more years I will be an empty nester. So that will put me in my early fifties. I'm thinking of being a CFI when all the kids move out and I can dedicate more time to get my CFI.

Sorry for the long read here.

Thank you

You also get some folks who get into flying for the wrong reasons, I knew a guy who got into it for the title or something like that.

It's one of those thing you got to eat sleep and breathe.

That said out of our 4 pilots 3 of us have our own GA planes, two of us are always hunting for fly ins on our days off.

Another pilot at my field, flys charter, he's always bombing around in his STOL plane for fun.

If you don't have a HUUGE passion for aviation, there are lots of other much easier jobs, with far less responsibility where you can make more money, of course those jobs are not jobs people would do for free on their time off.

I've been flying for 7-8 years, I was going pro from the start and I'm still happy with it, I also choose my jobs carefully, it's the type of flying, time off, pay and people mix, if you screw that up too bad I could potentially see how it could kill the fun and that would be a disaster.

I think alot of airline pilots had the passion in the beginning and lost the passion somewhere along the road. I dont understand and never will.

Last edited:
Work your way up from a CPL, maybe larger 121 regionals will pay for your ATP CTP

I've always been good with family and being home, 250hr first job to now.

A starting regional pay in the city?

QOL?

You're ether going to commute like a mofo, or your going to be living in a box under the overpass, maybe a scotch guarded box if you're lucky.
I live in NY. 50K first year and 75 hours guaranteed 11 days off. Regionals don't pay like crap anymore. First year is very liveable.

With the exception of career changers who built up the time over many years, I don't think too many people are in a position to self-finance all the way to 1500 hrs (and they'd really be nuts if they did). You are going to need to find a job to build the time toward the ATP.

How much time do you have now? There are companies like USA Jet who will hire you at 800 TT and you can get paid as an FO while getting full training and building jet time.

As far as paying for your ATP, it is hard to say what it will be like in a few years, but right now with the new ATP CTP requirement in place, if you meet the hiring mins, the airline will hire you and they will provide the CTP course.

I live in NY. 50K first year and 75 hours guaranteed 11 days off. Regionals don't pay like crap anymore. First year is very liveable.

Is that a guarantee of 50k?

Still in the city that's like living off of 20k in most of the rest of the US

Well now it seems you're curious as to if the passion of flight decays when a pilot starts flying professionally? I think for most that does happen. If you've ever read Sully's book, he talks about the flying as becoming a job. One that used to have better privledges as well. Even his FO has talked about losing that passion after flying professionally. He rekindled it and is now flying and writing articles for EAA.

So basically it depends on the person and the specific flying job they're in. While I don't fly for the airlines, I do fly for a living and still have the passion for flying. Doesn't mean I go into work every day with a stupid smile on my face and can't wait to fly either. It is a job and I get told where to go and who to fly. After a while, the "newness" does wear off as well. Doesn't mean I don't know I've got it pretty darn easy to get paid what I do to fly either. I feel fortunate to be employed in a segment that's pretty much recession proof.

In my spare time I Still look forward to going to air shows. I still enjoy reading my aviation mags I get every month and I still look forward to flying my plane...getting ready to head out to the airport now.

I would probably have to seriously think about it, but in the end I'm accustomed to a certain lifestyle, so a large pay cut would cramp my style.

To the OP...probably not. Not super happy with my current job but "flying bus driver" never excited me.

All I ever wanted to do as a kid was join the AF and go to flight school. Never happened for a variety of reasons (parents were not supportive).

However I would work for less than FO pay if I could fly warbirds. But then, I guess who wouldn't. :redface:

To the OP...probably not. Not super happy with my current job but "flying bus driver" never excited me.

All I ever wanted to do as a kid was join the AF and go to flight school. Never happened for a variety of reasons (parents were not supportive).

However I would work for less than FO pay if I could fly warbirds. But then, I guess who wouldn't. :redface:

Lots of flying that doesn't involve being a bus driver.

With the exception of career changers who built up the time over many years, I don't think too many people are in a position to self-finance all the way to 1500 hrs (and they'd really be nuts if they did). You are going to need to find a job to build the time toward the ATP.

How much time do you have now? There are companies like USA Jet who will hire you at 800 TT and you can get paid as an FO while getting full training and building jet time.

As far as paying for your ATP, it is hard to say what it will be like in a few years, but right now with the new ATP CTP requirement in place, if you meet the hiring mins, the airline will hire you and they will provide the CTP course.

Oh I just started my PPL haha...I am brand new. The reality is I am probably stuck where I am, but I guess if it can support me flying a few times a month then maybe that is good enough.

Everybody handles it differently. I've known guys who were military pilots that have absolutely no interest in flying professionally or privately on the outside and guys who even after 20 years in the military cannot get enough of anything with wings or rotors.

Same for airline guys. Some get very burned out and it is just a job. Others will spend their off days instructing or flying vintage airplanes, warbirds and even ultra-lights and powered parachutes. I have even come across airline pilots who commuted to their airline jobs in personal piston airplanes.

Some guys have just spent so long in the big iron that they forgot that you can have fun in a GA airplane. I took a friend up flying a year ago in the Baron (I needed a ME rated safety pilot and he agreed to come along). He had been a Navy pilot and now a Delta FO. Never flew in a GA airplane (started in a T-34C went to P-3s then large transport jets). He had a blast boring holes in the sky in the Baron.

It is not just an aviation thing. I've seen the same thing in the maritime world. Some people get burned out and others never lose the passion no matter how drudging the job can get. Even after 20 years of riding ships around, I still have a passion for it. I just don't like the months away from home and my family. I can handle being away for a few days at a time. 7+ months at a stretch? That I can do without.

Oh I just started my PPL haha...I am brand new. The reality is I am probably stuck where I am, but I guess if it can support me flying a few times a month then maybe that is good enough.
In the current day of the new ATP requirements, I think the only real way is to get your CFI as soon as you can and start building that time or find an entry level flying job and work your tail off. There is still a high demand for CFI's in a lot of areas and you can get paid while you build that time toward the ATP. I know a local CFI who is in his early 20's and got over 500 hrs in the last year. It can be done, but it either takes a lot of money or a lot of hard work.

The alternative, is to do what some others like myself have done. Do something else that you enjoy/have a talent for and fly for fun and who knows, maybe the opportunity to try it professionally later in life might present itself......just don't count on it. You never know what twists and turns will show up in time.

I know this thread steered off into other directions and I know my original question would prompt many responses. So if you don't want to play along all I can say is "have a nice day"

Thank you for all the thought provoking answers.

I know this thread steered off into other directions and I know my original question would prompt many responses. So if you don't want to play along all I can say is "have a nice day"

Thank you for all the thought provoking answers.

I think it stayed on topic reasonably well.
Some said yes, some said no. Some explained the reasons why the said yes or no. Some said they have done it, some say they are planning to do it. Some who are already pros have discussed the pluses and minuses of doing it for a living.

Overall, I think the thread was a success.

I think alot of airline pilots had the passion in the beginning and lost the passion somewhere along the road. I dont understand and never will.

I've flown 135, corporate, and instructed before getting on at a regional. Kinda my experience after 24 years at a large regional losing some of the passion for it like I had years ago. I don't know why either, maybe it's the check rides every 6 months and constantly changing procedures, especially after 9/11. It does evolve into a 'job' after awhile but I enjoyed the people I flew with more than anything.Trying to get back into instructing some but not real excited about it. Mostly just rent a C152 or C172 for pleasure and attempting to relight the passion! :D

Last edited:

I gotta be honest... I have a huge passion for airplanes, and even a more huge passion for bare bones SE pure GA flying. That said, I haven't flown anything but a jet in nearly 20 years, and nothing SE in much longer than that.
So, if I have such a passion the next question would be why not?

1) Time
2) Money
3) Wife
4) I'm a bit spooked about single engine recips

I can be just as happy being an airport bum (but again, time is a factor) and talking aviation with the locals.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - maybe and that's a big maybe you could get me to work a cubicle job for somewhere in the neighborhood of $450k a year - maybe.

Any less than that and I'll stay right here at Delta. We're currently in contract negotiations and just from what our brothers over at United got I have a pretty good feeling we're going to top it. With wide body captains making over 300 bucks an hour you get a couple of trips bought by the training department and throw in profit sharing and you're over 400k a year.

Hard to beat in a rat race job where you go in with all the traffic then come home with all the traffic and have the same crappy two days off a week as everybody else.

It's awesome to hear you're making that Art, but you're probably in the top percentage of pilots I would guess. How long did it take you to get there?

It's awesome to hear you're making that Art, but you're probably in the top percentage of pilots I would guess. How long did it take you to get there?

Just a for instance, and you can research this yourself if you don't believe me but just about all of our first officers are making over 100k by their SECOND year. So the ramen noodle rumors can pretty much stop. I think those rumors are mostly promulgated by folks who wished they'd of leaped but didn't and are now pretty much stuck.

What if you could have your way with the flight attendants?

Unless you're a middle age gay man, I don't see the appeal of this...have you seen who the flight attendants are nowadays?

Disclaimer: "Not that there's anything wrong with that". Jerry Seinfeld

I've said it before and I'll say it again - maybe and that's a big maybe you could get me to work a cubicle job for somewhere in the neighborhood of $450k a year - maybe.

Any less than that and I'll stay right here at Delta. We're currently in contract negotiations and just from what our brothers over at United got I have a pretty good feeling we're going to top it. With wide body captains making over 300 bucks an hour you get a couple of trips bought by the training department and throw in profit sharing and you're over 400k a year.

Hard to beat in a rat race job where you go in with all the traffic then come home with all the traffic and have the same crappy two days off a week as everybody else.

Wowzers...I need to be a pilot! College was a waste of time what was I thinking! :eek:

Just a for instance, and you can research this yourself if you don't believe me but just about all of our first officers are making over 100k by their SECOND year. So the ramen noodle rumors can pretty much stop. I think those rumors are mostly promulgated by folks who wished they'd of leaped but didn't and are now pretty much stuck.

You guys have an impressive pay scale, I won't argue with that. But, being a FO with your airline is hardly a pilot's first job, right? I mean, to get the position you mentioned (that will pay $100K or more by the second year), I'm guessing the average pilot has already spent *at least* a couple of years instructing for peanuts, and a couple years flying for a regional (or some other similar path). Am I wrong in this assumption?

I only ask because I know a LOT of folks who talk about the great "starting" pay with a major, but they often ignore the fact that the person really isn't starting in the industry at that point in their lives... By then I'd guess that most pilots are at least five years down the career path from the time they collected their very first dollar for flying.

Don't get me wrong, I often wish I had stayed on the professional pilot path... When I finished my instrument rating in college the expenses of going further in the training were really tough to justify , especially with the hit that the airlines took following 9/11... There were few jobs in sight at that time, and I knew a lot of unemployed pilots with $40k in debts for training. I went a different path at that time, but often 'what-if' myself. Now, at 36 years of age it seems tough to change directions... Beyond the additional ratings I'd need, I think it would take me better than five years just to earn what I'm currently being paid in my govt job.

Now, at 36 years of age it seems tough to change directions... Beyond the additional ratings I'd need, I think it would take me better than five years just to earn what I'm currently being paid in my govt job.

It's there IF you want it. But YOU have to want it. YOU have to decide for yourself. But with all the retirements at the majors, and regionals, for the next 10-15 years there will a demand for airline pilots and fast progression. But, it's not for everybody.

I'm 59 with an SI and 99 hours of multi. Think they'll take me?

You will likely never see a Major, but I am sure that there are regionals who might give you a shot as long as you can hold a 1st class with the SI.

You guys have an impressive pay scale, I won't argue with that. But, being a FO with your airline is hardly a pilot's first job, right?

Yep, you're right. Art is just responding to some of the Ramen noodle rhetoric (this thread was about Major Airline pilots, after all) with rhetoric of his own. The guys doing $400K are at the very tip of the spear, and it's entirely possible that you could do everything right in your career and never reach that point.

This industry is all about timing. Right now things are good and there's a huge amount of optimism out there. As one of my United buddies told me, it feels a lot like how everyone felt in 1999. ;)

That's why although I'm really happy doing what I do, and I'm thankful for the money I make while doing it, I'm not one to start shouting from the rooftops about it. Things can change very, very quickly.

I'm 59 with an SI and 99 hours of multi. Think they'll take me?

I've known pilots 50s and 60s who got hired at the majors, but usually had a lot of experience, such as military. Regionals will take you though.

Yep, you're right. Art is just responding to some of the Ramen noodle rhetoric (this thread was about Major Airline pilots, after all) with rhetoric of his own. The guys doing $400K are at the very tip of the spear, and it's entirely possible that you could do everything right in your career and never reach that point.

This industry is all about timing. Right now things are good and there's a huge amount of optimism out there. As one of my United buddies told me, it feels a lot like how everyone felt in 1999. ;)

That's why although I'm really happy doing what I do, and I'm thankful for the money I make while doing it, I'm not one to start shouting from the rooftops about it. Things can change very, very quickly.

That's sort of how I've always seen it. I know a number of airline pilots who have starved at regionals, a number that have made good fair pay at the majors, and only maybe one or two who are at the top of the pyramid pay-wise.

I also know a couple who just took a big hit... She lost her medical due to a cancer diagnosis, and he apparently lost his job for failing his sim training repeatedly (or so I'm told).

I'm not rich, but I make good money for my industry, and I have great job security and nice benefits. A friend of ours left my career path long before I knew her, and got into flying. She flies for United on smaller equipment domestically, and tells me her pay is very close to mine (she's a captain). I can assure you I'm not anywhere even close to making $400K in a govt job!

The OP's proposal is a fantasy scenario as no major airline is going to hire a pilot who has no previous relevant work experience as an FO. I could say that I'm interested in emergency medicine but no one is going to let me walk in as an assistant in an ER.
I disagree there was a 17-18 year old kid in Florida that did just that. For a while too. He's in jail now but hey, follow your dreams

You can get burnt out in any profession. If you love computers, why would you ever make that into a career? If you love teaching why would you ever want to be a teacher? I'm still early in my flying career but I can't see myself doing anything else. Do people get burnt out? Of course. Do people not get burnt out? Of course.

s-l300.jpg

You can get burnt out in any profession. If you love computers, why would you ever make that into a career? If you love teaching why would you ever want to be a teacher? I'm still early in my flying career but I can't see myself doing anything else. Do people get burnt out? Of course. Do people not get burnt out? Of course.

I feel I should respond to this. I make good money and I don't have to get my hands dirty. You have to love technology because its ever fast pace and always changing. Job Security! The dependence on computer systems will ever grow each passing year. As an IT professional I can work in any industry. You name any industry and there will be an IT staff behind it. You can thank that IT guy for that computer system in your Boeing Jet. Make that Jet totally Manual controls with out a FMS and Auto Pilot whatever. Good Luck flying it.

So back on Topic, I'm not sure if I would leave my Current IT job for a flying job even though its my dream to fly big iron. Well dreams becomes reality and I fly for my own pleasure and flying an airliner will not happen ever in my situation.

That's sort of how I've always seen it. I know a number of airline pilots who have starved at regionals, a number that have made good fair pay at the majors, and only maybe one or two who are at the top of the pyramid pay-wise.

It took me about 10 years from when I started instructing to get to my current gig. In those 10 years I averaged $66K (across a range of $24-105K). Hardly an impressive sum, I know. But I always enjoyed the flying, and the money was never a driving force. I didn't decide to go 121 until after spending 5 years in 91/135. I found that as I got older, my QOL away from the job became more important than my QOL while on the job. In other words, having a reliable, flexible schedule became more important than partying in Costa Rica with my FO. So I jumped to a 121 national carrier, flew there for a few years, and then hopped over to where I am now.

It certainly wasn't a laser focused path, that's for sure! And I still have a loooooong way to go before I'll ever sniff $400K, if ever.

Back