the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

First time flying in 6 weeks - went with CFII. 2nd approach nailed it. 1st approach I was waiting for them to give me the 800 number for impersonating a pilot.

Down to one paved strip in the state. 8N2 "Skydive Chicago". Not interested in a mid-air with a meat bomb so I'll have to wait for colder weather to hit that one.
Well the grass you can hit with the Lance that I’ve landed is limited to 0C8. I’m a big fan of 0C8 and use it as a proving ground for soft field operations in any new type I fly. Others I’ve hit in IL: 0C0 is bumpy and C82 has a big dip in the middle and obstacles (which makes it a touch short). I suspect 0C2 is nice, but glider ops have kept me away so far.

Well the grass you can hit with the Lance that I’ve landed is limited to 0C8. I’m a big fan of 0C8 and use it as a proving ground for soft field operations in any new type I fly. Others I’ve hit in IL: 0C0 is bumpy and C82 has a big dip in the middle and obstacles (which makes it a touch short). I suspect 0C2 is nice, but glider ops have kept me away so far.
0C8 sounds like a good place to tuned up for 6Y9. Did 0C2 last week; there was nothing going on, but it was a weekday and the weather wasn't great. Probably should've done 8N2 that day, but I've seen them doing skydiving ops at RPJ into what I would've called 040 OVC, so I'm not sure what it really takes to ground the jump planes.

Pretty much everything left is in the NW corner of the state:
C86, 1C8, 0C0, C55, 3H5, 0C8, & 8N2

I really miss the Archer. The 172 can probably take off shorter, but it's so slowwwwww...

0C8 sounds like a good place to tuned up for 6Y9. Did 0C2 last week; there was nothing going on, but it was a weekday and the weather wasn't great. Probably should've done 8N2 that day, but I've seen them doing skydiving ops at RPJ into what I would've called 040 OVC, so I'm not sure what it really takes to ground the jump planes.

Pretty much everything left is in the NW corner of the state:
C86, 1C8, 0C0, C55, 3H5, 0C8, & 8N2

I really miss the Archer. The 172 can probably take off shorter, but it's so slowwwwww...
So you’ve hit C82? My first landing there I landed in that stupid dip in the cub - 3 pt attitude and it launched me on the rise. It was one of those “yikes, I’m flying again” with no airspeed. You don’t really see it when you’re in the air but from the ground it’s more like a sink hole.

3H5 shows up as an Ultralight park on FF. What does that mean? That wasn’t on the written!

So you’ve hit C82? My first landing there I landed in that stupid dip in the cub - 3 pt attitude and it launched me on the rise. It was one of those “yikes, I’m flying again” with no airspeed. You don’t really see it when you’re in the air but from the ground it’s more like a sink hole.

3H5 shows up as an Ultralight park on FF. What does that mean? That wasn’t on the written!
Can't say I noticed a dip, but I'm the world's okayest pilot, so that's probably what caused my bounce. Yeah, that's it...

As far as I can tell, "ultralight park" means that it's a bunch of ultralights there and it's real short. Shortest main RW in the state I believe at 2000'. I've seen pictures of PA28's and cubs there on FB, so I don't think they'll have a problem with me, but I am planning on calling the manager first. I think the guy who owns it is involved with the Challenger ultralights built in Moline...one of the owners of the company maybe?

Russian version of retirement package golden parachute for CEO of oil company that criticized Ukrainian War

——————————————-
Moscow/London(CNN Business)The chairman of Russian oil and gas giant Lukoil has died after falling out of the window of a hospital in Moscow, according to Russian state media.

Sticker on the back of a truck:
"Warning, speed monitored by GPS"

Warning? Why? Why should I even care one way or the other? The dude (or dudette, as the case may be) is driving the speed limit. That's not hard to figure out.

Sticker on the back of a truck:
"Warning, speed monitored by GPS"

Warning? Why? Why should I even care one way or the other? The dude (or dudette, as the case may be) is driving the speed limit. That's not hard to figure out.
In a nearby town there is a yellow road sign, the same kind used to warn about upcoming curves in the road, that says "LIBRARY WATCH FOR PEDESTRIANS."

well, I learned that CC #41 primers don't work reliably in some bolt-action rifles.

Make sense, but now I know for sure.

Moscow/London(CNN Business)The chairman of Russian oil and gas giant Lukoil has died after falling out of the window of a hospital in Moscow, according to Russian state media.

Things that make you go, hmmmmm...

I’m so happy I just ate, otherwise your post would be cruel

That is so worthy of its own thread.

1) Shot my first approach in real IMC, and as a bonus no CFII on board. Hit VMC about 10 seconds after FAF, but I'm still putting this in the book. :cool:

2) Also, the CFII who told me I'd never in my life get an arrival - was mistaken.

I got 4 approaches in actual this morning. One was a true go around since the ceilings were too low for the circle to land. I didn't apply Jerry secondary minimums and keep going for the straight in. Went back to the IAF and then did a straight in with a tailwind. Not ideal, but that's what worked. Added a few months to my currency.

why is pizza spell't pizza but pizzeria is spell't pizzeria?

I never noticed …….

I’ve heard that only America (maybe some other English speaking countries as well) have Spelling Bees because other languages have much more rational word spelling.

I blame the French, Danes, Saxons, and everybody else who invaded England throughout history and changed/added to the language.

We’ve been in Belfast, NI for the week. You couldn’t really distinguish people here from people in most small to mid sized American cities until they speak. Then it’s pretty obvious, of course. And the food is pretty similar in most respects as well.

Lotsa Guinness though. Even my non beer drinking wife likes it.

Our tracon is moving to St. Louis this weekend. I am sad to lose the familiar voices.

LightSpeed has a new Uber headset, Zulu Delta (maybe a Chuck Norris Delta Force vibe?).

Cost $1,100, same as the Bose A20.

The PX what not didn't fly for them - maybe they think the market is good now for a super premium headset.

You should hear some, if not most of them. What’s your airport?
I fly out of 3MY under the KPIA Charlie. I know at least one controller is going to transfer to Minneapolis instead of moving to St. Louis.

I got a Bravo clearance from Chicago approach this afternoon.

Where were you headed?
... And of all the times I've flown VFR around Chicago (and my airport is under the shelf) I've only been cleared into Bravo 2x...

Back