the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Walking out of the parking structure, I noticed a BMW M3 with its lights on. I started to copy the license plate so that I can inform the receptionist to send out a broadcast email when I noticed that it was parked in an EV charging spot, so I stopped what I was doing and then continued on. Does that make me an evil person?
No. There are so many other things that make you evil, this is nothing.:goofy::devil:

I was trying to explain to my young nephew what the IFR training I'm doing is about. I essentially explained it as "learning to fly in clouds where you can't see". I followed up by explaining that one of the first things you learn is not to trust your own senses, always use your instruments.

He then asked a question: "birds don't have dials and instruments, how do they fly in clouds?"

Without thinking I reflexively told him that birds don't fly in clouds. Then I backpedaled and admitted I don't actually know and that was a guess...

So I have to ask.. birds don't fly in (dense) clouds where they can't see, right? Or am I just misinformed about our avian brethren?

I used a 'dollop' of sour cream this evening. I thought I was just using a spoonful, but am being told it was a dollop. I didn't even know I had dollop dispensers in my kitchen.

I used a 'dollop' of sour cream this evening. I thought I was just using a spoonful, but am being told it was a dollop. I didn't even know I had dollop dispensers in my kitchen.
I'm guessing this terminology was invented for use in recipes in order to distinguish it from a tablespoon of sour cream, which would have the same volume as a tablespoon of water.

I was trying to explain to my young nephew what the IFR training I'm doing is about. I essentially explained it as "learning to fly in clouds where you can't see". I followed up by explaining that one of the first things you learn is not to trust your own senses, always use your instruments.

He then asked a question: "birds don't have dials and instruments, how do they fly in clouds?"

Without thinking I reflexively told him that birds don't fly in clouds. Then I backpedaled and admitted I don't actually know and that was a guess...

So I have to ask.. birds don't fly in (dense) clouds where they can't see, right? Or am I just misinformed about our avian brethren?
I hope not! I’m already worried about bird strikes, ever since this spring encountering a flock at 7000 MSL!!

I hope not! I’m already worried about bird strikes, ever since this spring encountering a flock at 7000 MSL!!
Don't worry. If you're ifr, atc has to keep them separated from you.

Don't worry. If you're ifr, atc has to keep them separated from you.
ATC: “Arrow flight of 7, descend pilots discretion and maintain 4000”
ME: o_O

Apparently this dude his hiring pilots for his G650… for those of you looking for a career move…

"Today I'm flying with who I want to fly with - nobody" So, who is sitting there with the hand held camera?

Missed this one but there is another launch tomorrow evening around 7 PM EDT.

Looks like "he said, she said" so it's on to the CVR ... "roll the tape!" o_O

Just when you think you have heard it all...

https://apnews.com/article/business...xual-assault-7baf1b82979b1a86101a06ceb6d849ae

"A Southwest Airlines pilot is suing the company, her union and a former colleague who pleaded guilty last year to dead-bolting the cockpit door during a flight and stripping naked in front of her."
Hmm. Don’t see nuthin about a criminal charge for lewd conduct. It was his last day so it’s not like he’s going to get fired. She’s suing the company. Not him. I think they are in this together. 50/50

Signed up for an accelerated multi-add on program :happydance: Not a bad way to start the long weekend.

nice! just remember, you'll have about twice as many engines to work with as you normally do.

nice! just remember, you'll have about twice as many engines to work with as you normally do.
Yep; expect twice as many engine failures

ETA:
@kaiser .... what are you training in?

Unless I'm training in a Cessna 620!

Diamond DA42 with the IO-360s
I’d love to fly one of those. I did mine in a DA-42 with turbo diesels. You’ll have three times as many levers…

I’d love to fly one of those. I did mine in a DA-42 with turbo diesels. You’ll have three times as many levers…
It'll be good practice since I don't think Santa will be able to fit the Citation under the tree this year...

With all the woman whining about men not putting down the toilet seat, how come so many women never put down the toilet seat lid?

So yesterday I flew the middle leg of a PnP relay and ended up in Cambridge, MN. Little airport with a little building for a bathroom. Door was locked with a keypad and sign that said "use last 3 digits of airport emergency frequency." Emergency frequency? At a small municipal airport? The 2 and 8 were well worn and the unicom was 122.8. So I tried 228, 280, 800 and none of then worked. I tried the ASOS. Nope. Never could get that door to open. Still can't for the life of me figure out what their emergency frequency is.

So yesterday I flew the middle leg of a PnP relay and ended up in Cambridge, MN. Little airport with a little building for a bathroom. Door was locked with a keypad and sign that said "use last 3 digits of airport emergency frequency." Emergency frequency? At a small municipal airport? The 2 and 8 were well worn and the unicom was 122.8. So I tried 228, 280, 800 and none of then worked. I tried the ASOS. Nope. Never could get that door to open. Still can't for the life of me figure out what their emergency frequency is.
Probably 121.5 and almost everybody gets distracted by the word airport in front of emergency. Hence the 8 and 2 are all worn out.

Back