the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Are you kidding? I bring beer to these things in hopes someone will feed me. I’m a dreadful cook o_O
It would be quite a walk from the airport to an eating establishment. It's a pretty rinky dink airport. 3MY has a bigger building than this one did. And 3MY has nothing to brag about.

Are you kidding? I bring beer to these things in hopes someone will feed me. I’m a dreadful cook o_O
Maybe you can get your wif....oh wait... nevermind.

Kids these days. A twenty something was scheduled to work yesterday with me but never showed up. We usually have a 5 level (rated but not a supervisor) float on weekends. He never showed up so I put it in the log that he wasn’t present for duty. People read that and said, “Now he’s gonna get into trouble, you should have called him.” This isn’t the first time for this guy so hope he does get into trouble.

Its funny how it’s my fault that he’ll get into trouble when he can’t read a schedule and show up for work when he is supposed to.

Kids these days. A twenty something was scheduled to work yesterday with me but never showed up. We usually have a 5 level (rated but not a supervisor) float on weekends. He never showed up so I put it in the log that he wasn’t present for duty. People read that and said, “Now he’s gonna get into trouble, you should have called him.” This isn’t the first time for this guy so hope he does get into trouble.

Its funny how it’s my fault that he’ll get into trouble when he can’t read a schedule and show up for work when he is supposed to.

I worked with a woman like that. She was 45 years old, and acted like a teenager. I am glad I no longer work there.

the guy probably always had his mommy reminding him to do things...

Military guy? Man, he should have an A15 waiting for him at PT on Monday morning.

the guy probably always had his mommy reminding him to do things...

Now I serve in that capacity. He has to be reminded to cut the ATIS, switch the ILS when we change runways, turn on the lights at sunset, record traffic count, etc. It isn't just him and a lot of these types leave the Air Force after their first enlistment and go work for the FAA.

Now I serve in that capacity. He has to be reminded to cut the ATIS, switch the ILS when we change runways, turn on the lights at sunset, record traffic count, etc. It isn't just him and a lot of these types leave the Air Force after their first enlistment and go work for the FAA.

I guess I was fortunate... working with USAF types (not directly in ATC), most didn't have to be told to tie their shoes, go potty before a trip, etc, etc.

Was working the bees yesterday as I treated all 20 hives a couple weeks ago. My neighbor (who's also my dad) was working on his roof. Unbeknownst to me he got stung near his eye. Went over last night and his eye damn near swollen shut, and cheek inflamed as well...like a stroke. He thought it'd be funny if he started drooling and said his left arm was numb as well.

Not cool man. Not cool

Was working the bees yesterday as I treated all 20 hives a couple weeks ago. My neighbor (who's also my dad) was working on his roof. Unbeknownst to me he got stung near his eye. Went over last night and his eye damn near swollen shut, and cheek inflamed as well...like a stroke. He thought it'd be funny if he started drooling and said his left arm was numb as well.

Not cool man. Not cool

Actually your dad sounds really cool ... well unless he took the joke too far! :)

Can I enlist and work for you at 45?

Had a 22 yr old not show up on Tuesday last week because his leg hurt from a 10 hour long tattoo he got over the weekend. Then not show on Friday because of a bad meal the night before. After he left early Thursday the week prior because he had to pick up his dentures...then left early Friday because they screwed up the appointment. And don't get me started on cell phone/bathroom use

Had a 22 yr old not show up on Tuesday last week because his leg hurt from a 10 hour long tattoo he got over the weekend. Then not show on Friday because of a bad meal the night before. After he left early Thursday the week prior because he had to pick up his dentures...then left early Friday because they screwed up the appointment. And don't get me started on cell phone/bathroom use
Are you thinking of firing him?

A 22 year old with dentures? Bad hygiene or a meth head?
He could just be drinking a couple cases a day of soda since he was drinking it from a baby bottle. There are plenty of ways to destroy your teeth.

Got rained out of the field today, so I went to check on the progress on my plane. They're further along than I expected. Annual is done except for the gear swing, and they didn't find anything wrong outside the couple squawks I asked them to fix. Autopilot is all but done.
IMG_20221011_114456130.jpg IMG_20221011_114412765.jpg

Got rained out of the field today, so I went to check on the progress on my plane. They're further along than I expected. Annual is done except for the gear swing, and they didn't find anything wrong outside the couple squawks I asked them to fix. Autopilot is all but done.
View attachment 111360 View attachment 111361
It's crazy how wet the fields are... through the whole weekend. Darn! What to do... what to do...

It's crazy how wet the fields are... through the whole weekend. Darn! What to do... what to do...
Sadly this rain is the thing that's going to prevent me coming down. If it had stayed dry all week I could've maybe gotten the beans done by Friday, but now it'll probably be Sunday.

Sadly this rain is the thing that's going to prevent me coming down. If it had stayed dry all week I could've maybe gotten the beans done by Friday, but now it'll probably be Sunday.

The beans will still be there on Monday, just sayin‘. :)

Well… ok. I’m going to fly over your area and check on you then.

A 22 year old with dentures? Bad hygiene or a meth head?
He's too much of a slug to be a meth head. But there's a pool in the shop going on the root cause if anyone can find out.

He's not here today. Doctors not because his leg hurts. Not infected, but the 10 day old tat apparently has hives. Told him to take the rest of the week off.

Last edited:
View attachment 111360 View attachment 111361
Was going to make a thread in the avionics upgrades section when we pick it up Friday and everything was all configured ...but here's what I get to fly. Granted no gfc500...just the lowly aerocruze 100 and ifd440IMG_7230.jpg

Was going to make a thread in the avionics upgrades section when we pick it up Friday and everything was all configured ...but here's what I get to fly. Granted no gfc500...just the lowly aerocruze 100 and ifd440View attachment 111373
Nice! PA32 without a throttle quadrant?

It's how you prevent a student from freezing on the controls...remove the controls.

I have been assured it's all been buttoned up and yokes installed. Was going to have them leather wrapped during the process and surprise the ol man for Christmas, but it got bumped up 3 months and didn't have time to coordinate

Back