the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

How long does it take a sprained hip to heal.??

To be more specific, the left one.

How long? Depends on how old you are and how severe the sprain

Asking for a friend? :dunno:

I wish....unfortunately not though... :frown3:

Are you right hipped or left hipped?

:lol::lol: Left.

Depends on how old you are and how severe the sprain

Age...LXIII. It is the muscles in front of and on the side of the hip.

Yes, I fell up the steps while walking up the back porch steps last Friday. My foot slipped off the top step into the space between the top step and the next one down. As I fell forward I could feel a ton of pressure on one of the two bones in my lower leg, so I tried to twist myself while falling so to not break my leg. But my foot held, and my hip did not. The pain is in the muscles in front of the hip and on the side. No discoloration. With swelling. The ER doc said since I walked in (barely, and heavily supported by my tiny wife) that it isn't broken. I am pretty sure he violated hospital policy to gouge the dummies provide the highest level of care no matter the cost since I do not have insurance...

I am walking as little as possible, and with a cane.

I don't know what these little white pills are, but I sure enjoyed them over the weekend.!!

(alcohol was NOT involved...)

:yeahthat:
Ouch!
Just reading about it made my leg ache.
Obviously you are feeling good, so just work on getting better.

Yes, I fell up the steps while walking up the back porch steps last Friday. My foot slipped off the top step into the space between the top step and the next one down. As I fell forward I could feel a ton of pressure on one of the two bones in my lower leg, so I tried to twist myself while falling so to not break my leg. But my foot held, and my hip did not. The pain is in the muscles in front of the hip and on the side. No discoloration. With swelling. The ER doc said since I walked in (barely, and heavily supported by my tiny wife) that it isn't broken. I am pretty sure he violated hospital policy to gouge the dummies provide the highest level of care no matter the cost since I do not have insurance...

I don't know what these little white pills are, but I sure enjoyed them over the weekend.!!

Hate to hear this as methinks you're one of the few good guys in this old world. Prayers for you sir. Don't know about the little white pills ... but if they are working then the doc must have got something right! :)

images

So one of my 10mm sockets came home to the tool cabinet.

But now I can't find my 12mm deep socket. :mad2:

So one of my 10mm sockets came home to the tool cabinet.

But now I can't find my 12mm deep socket. :mad2:

Kind of like how I can’t find my phillips screwdrivers but stumble over my slotted screwdrivers and verse vica.....

Had my BFR today...it was my 14th BFR.

Edit/correction: 13th...a check of my log shows that when I got my instrument rating I skipped the BFR.

Last edited:
So I’ve been toying with the idea of going pro pilot and leaving my industry. Sometimes it helps me get by… at least to the weekend when I get to fly and remember how bad of a pilot I really am.

But then I see a story of [insert rich person] who’s being ridiculed for using their private jet… arrives back in LA to be greeted by paparazzi. And what’s the FO doing??? Helping hold umbrellas…

27DCE4D1-2473-4162-A8A7-7F95C7D47E22.jpeg
(FO is far left)

So I’ve been toying with the idea of going pro pilot and leaving my industry. Sometimes it helps me get by… at least to the weekend when I get to fly and remember how bad of a pilot I really am.

But then I see a story of [insert rich person] who’s being ridiculed for using their private jet… arrives back in LA to be greeted by paparazzi. And what’s the FO doing??? Helping hold umbrellas…

View attachment 109864
(FO is far left)

darn rich people.........some people don't even own umbrellas! sheesh

View attachment 109864
(FO is far left)
Don't forget you also get to clean the potty and stock the mini-bar.

View attachment 109864
(FO is far left)

Didn't the guy at the bottom of the air stairs used to be on Myth Busters.??

View attachment 109864
(FO is far left)
What’s that in the left hand of the guy at the bottom of the stairs?

3 months later and my plane finally flew again today. It'll go down again soon for autopilot upgrade. Oh well.

I've fallen down the Erik Johnston yootoob rabbit hole.

mowed (a small) part of the lawn for the first time in 4 weeks. Yup - it's a little dry in massachusetts. And the only reason I mowed at all was because the neighbor's irrigation system made a 6' wide swath of lawn nice and green and tall...

There are some advantages to not having a lawn irrigation system...

mowed (a small) part of the lawn for the first time in 4 weeks. Yup - it's a little dry in massachusetts. And the only reason I mowed at all was because the neighbor's irrigation system made a 6' wide swath of lawn nice and green and tall...

There are some advantages to not having a lawn irrigation system...

I'm happy that my lawn finally looks like everyone else's. Before this drought my yard was mostly weeds and the neighbors had grass. Now we all have brown, though rain earlier this week is trying to change that. I haven't mowed in 3 or 4 weeks either. It has been a nice break.

It’s rained so much here that it never went brown. And why do the weeds thrive more than the grass?

Down to one paved strip in the state. 8N2 "Skydive Chicago". Not interested in a mid-air with a meat bomb so I'll have to wait for colder weather to hit that one.

Back