the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

My airport is closed. There's a foot of snow on the runway.
Cmi is closed. They even closed the tower/ tracon. Only 5" here but it's drifting faster than it can be plowed.

No skins from Mooney = no ETA. Also no inspection report still which was promised today. But there’s still a couple hours before midnight.
I guess I didn't follow the whole story.... what skins are being replaced? Has mooney got an eta? Are they in business this week?

no....bread and milk for snowpocalypse

TP is for global pandemics
Well, as it turns out, I didn't need the 10 gallons of milk.
6 inches of snow so far, 2 to go. More like snow big deal.
And, on the bright side, the snow blower parts I had ordered arrived yesterday - in time for me to blow off the first 2 inches of slush without too many clogs.

I will note that the instructions that came with the rubber impeller parts stated that they were for "trained technicians" only. But whoever wrote them felt the need to say that you should use a 3/8 socket or box end wrench to remove the screws...

I guess I didn't follow the whole story.... what skins are being replaced? Has mooney got an eta? Are they in business this week?
This MX trip was a 3fer: annual, tanks reseal, wingtip repair. Mooney says 'they shipped' but the shop notes that is more of a continuum of possibilities not an actual statement of fact. Still in business but also for sale. I believe you can get the Mooney factory for less than an airport in IL.

Ear buds I use at the gym broke on Wed, so right before I turned in around 10:00 I ordered a new pair from Amazon. It was at my door at 7:00 Thurs morning. I'm simultaneously in awe and a little uneasy with Amazon delivery people coming on my front porch in the middle of the night.

:) I love how easy it is to generally get stuff so quickly. But a little voice in the back of my head reminds me that part of the reason we have such highly advanced sales, distribution, and transportation systems is because the things we buy fail all the time.

:) I love how easy it is to generally get stuff so quickly. But a little voice in the back of my head reminds me that part of the reason we have such highly advanced sales, distribution, and transportation systems is because the things we buy fail all the time.

or the wrong stuff gets shipped.

This is a true “first world” problem. Clean water, food, electricity, - not a problem. What rises to the level of getting upset and worry? Not getting a Prime package in 2 days.

Saw this neat little E/AB airship gondola at the airport on a recent trip. Started life as a 337.

a7a4c96b45e25c2ccfeb86d804da7e3f.jpg

would be cool if u could actually get a beer inside it

Let me know how it compares to instrument. Are you doing this for a profession or just a goal/getting more skills?

After 20+ years of fighting my old 2 stroke snow blower, I tossed it and got a battery powered electric one. I’m totally impressed! No issues with the 6-8” we got! I’m definitely digging not having to pull the carburetor apart every few times I run it!

After 20+ years of fighting my old 2 stroke snow blower, I tossed it and got a battery powered electric one. I’m totally impressed! No issues with the 6-8” we got! I’m definitely digging not having to pull the carburetor apart every few times I run it!

which one did you get?

Let me know how it compares to instrument. Are you doing this for a profession or just a goal/getting more skills?
For the written, it’s the same formula… Get Sheppard and follow their program. I’ll let you know about the checkride. So far it feels the same as PPL, but more precise and professional.

As far as motivation is concerned, I’d say: 1) skills - a good pilot is always learning; 2) My BFR was due this year anyway; 3) to enable the multi-add on in quick succession; 4) insurance (for multi); 5) so I can buy a multi (2022/2023); 6) short term opportunities and career (when I get tired of the office gig)

For the written, it’s the same formula… Get Sheppard and follow their program. I’ll let you know about the checkride. So far it feels the same as PPL, but more precise and professional.

As far as motivation is concerned, I’d say: 1) skills - a good pilot is always learning; 2) My BFR was due this year anyway; 3) to enable the multi-add on in quick succession; 4) insurance (for multi); 5) so I can buy a multi (2022/2023); 6) short term opportunities and career (when I get tired of the office gig)

Good luck bruh, we’re all counting on you.

I think you are going to get your rating before I get the plane back. Get her done!

I think you are going to get your rating before I get the plane back. Get her done!
That would be both good and bad… I am trying to rush a little before my real job picks up in speed.

Anyone have recommendations for outside Christmas lights that stay lit even when a couple of bulbs are out?

I really don't like losing a half string or whole string of lights because of one or two bulbs. (>-{

bumping this.

It's a serious question

anyone have good luck with a particular brand?

Why bother "playing" the pro-bowl? why didn't the NFL just televise some couch potatoes playing the Madden NFL game?

Reactions: WDD
Why bother "playing" the pro-bowl? why didn't the NFL just televise some couch potatoes playing the Madden NFL game?
I didn't watch - didn't want to.

Why not make it mid season, like the All Stars. Have it mean something, such as super bowl home field advantage - the winner (AFC or NFC) gets to automatically pick to receive or kick vs super bowl coin toss. Have NFL paid Pro Bowl bonus money for starters, etc.

Make if a fun event - have kicking contests, passing contests, put the Chief's quarterback's brother in stocks and pillories and have a pie throwing contest.

Peggy and I have entered month 5 of last year's annual. I am happy to report that she has a whole new interior from Airtex. Sadly the repair for the new AD is a mere 4 rivets away from being completed if only anyone could agree on what type of rivet they should be. :mad2:

Peggy and I have entered month 5 of last year's annual. I am happy to report that she has a whole new interior from Airtex. Sadly the repair for the new AD is a mere 4 rivets away from being completed if only anyone could agree on what type of rivet they should be. :mad2:
Pics of the new interior?

I didn't watch - didn't want to.

Why not make it mid season, like the All Stars. Have it mean something, such as super bowl home field advantage - the winner (AFC or NFC) gets to automatically pick to receive or kick vs super bowl coin toss. Have NFL paid Pro Bowl bonus money for starters, etc.

Make if a fun event - have kicking contests, passing contests, put the Chief's quarterback's brother in stocks and pillories and have a pie throwing contest.

Couldn't watch it for long.

as to giving an advantage, the big advantage would be in overtime... let them win the coin toss

bumping this.

It's a serious question

anyone have good luck with a particular brand?
I just use Home Depot generic stuff. I have a few bulbs that are out, but am on Year 3 of the set.

Back