the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

the prescription is pretty strong, so the lenses get blurry toward the edges. Same for the reading magnifiers on the bottom. Because my monitor sits about 2’ away, I now have to turn my head to read my computer screen
That’s not right. If anything you’d tilt your head up or down to look higher or lower to see through your progressives. Not side to side. Curious. I’d go back to your optometrist and get them re checked.

It’s normal. The central focus is in the middle. The curvature means it doesn’t fill to the edges.

Some of the anti-vax nutters claim the shot magnetizes your body so ensuring you have a good compass card is only good ADM. :p

Thank you Pugs for explaining it. One more vague reference and I was just going to ignore it - like I do the anti-vax nutters. ;)

:) sorry... I don't follow mainstream news either, but thought the magnetic thing was common knowledge. As an FYI, I slept 2 days after my booster shot. Feel great now, though.

New side effect besides magnetism is Arachibutyrophobia.

:) sorry... I don't follow mainstream news either, but thought the magnetic thing was common knowledge. As an FYI, I slept 2 days after my booster shot. Feel great now, though.

fwiw - I don't follow the mainstream "news" either, but then, I don't follow anti-vax mutterings either. but, sure, I've heard the gps tracking stuff, but nothing about magnets.

I was going to write a rant about people not reading responses, or sometimes even the original post, before posting. Then I realized no one would read it :rolleyes:

I agree, beef does taste better cooked over charcoal than propane...

Is smoking meat really that good?

Anyone have recommendations for outside Christmas lights that stay lit even when a couple of bulbs are out?

I really don't like losing a half string or whole string of lights because of one or two bulbs. (>-{

Strong gusty winds forecast to run completely perpendicular to the runway made me make a no go decision. Today the still trees and limp flags make me regret my decision.

Strong gusty winds forecast to run completely perpendicular to the runway made me make a no go decision. Today the still trees and limp flags make me regret my decision.
Eh - You'd regret it even more if you ignore forecasts and then find strong gusty cross winds. Good decision making is assessing the odds with good information, not "maybe I'll get lucky" LOL.

Anyone have recommendations for outside Christmas lights that stay lit even when a couple of bulbs are out?

I really don't like losing a half string or whole string of lights because of one or two bulbs. (>-{
Crazy idea - replace the couple of bulbs?

Crazy idea - replace the couple of bulbs?

head slap... why didn't I think of that?... maybe because the entire stinkin' string of 50 or 100 lights goes dark. The question becomes which of the 100 bulbs is the bad one (and had do you know there aren't 5 bad bulbs?)

head slap... why didn't I think of that?... maybe because the entire stinkin' string of 50 or 100 lights goes dark. The question becomes which of the 100 bulbs is the bad one (and had do you know there aren't 5 bad bulbs?)

Yeah - I’m a helpful troll at times……

To be serious for a second - I would just toss the string and consider it disposable. Or next year just stuff the burned out section out of the way

Just got an email:
" Due to weather, campus will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, 2/2 and 2/3."
I don't think that I have ever been told a day ahead of time and that the campus will be closed for two days.
Should I be stocking up on toilet paper?

Winds yesterday were a little blustery. Takeoff and landing was no event. It was the sky that was thumpy and bumpy. I still enjoyed the ride!;)

Yeah - I’m a helpful troll at times……

To be serious for a second - I would just toss the string and consider it disposable. Or next year just stuff the burned out section out of the way

except the LED lights aren't as cheap as the regular mini-lights...

Convert

Just got an email:
" Due to weather, campus will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, 2/2 and 2/3."
I don't think that I have ever been told a day ahead of time and that the campus will be closed for two days.
Should I be stocking up on toilet paper?
no....bread and milk for snowpocalypse

TP is for global pandemics

except the LED lights aren't as cheap as the regular mini-lights...
I know. But I get frustrated enough that I choose not to deal with it.

I do buy a few deep discounted boxes of lights the week after Christmas and pack them away with the tree for next year. Takes the sting out of buying replacement strands a little.

Still no eta on yours?
No skins from Mooney = no ETA. Also no inspection report still which was promised today. But there’s still a couple hours before midnight.

Back