TGIFS Thank God its Football Season

Aside from the early turnovers, I couldn't imagine a much better performance against OSU. Baker staking his claim with theOU flag after the game will draw some remarks from OSU, but I thought it was great. Shows how big of a game it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% agree. The Sooners were pretty much in control the whole game. They shot themselves in the foot a few times with the turnovers, an easy touchdown pass that the back-up TE missed, and missed FG. Other than that, they were solid in all aspects. We expect powerful offensive play, but the defense actually matched their level of offensive play. We're usually lacking particularly in the secondary, but they held up well. It helps that the Buckeye QB could pass well, but the coverage was pretty tight. I was a little worried about RBs after losing two great ones, but I'm no longer worried about that position in the least. Really good game against a fantastic program in their house. Kudos to Lincoln Riley on his first big road test. His game plan was spot on.

Yes the flag planting will be talked about. I'm really big on sportsmanship, and I would generally be disappointed in something like that, but after a HUGE game, with all the adrenaline still pumping, after a good amount of trash talk going around over the past week, and after the arguably disrespectful display in Norman last year by some of the Buckeyes, I'll give Baker a pass on this one. As long as they don't tear anything up or do anything obscene, it's no biggie to me. Heck, I was pretty freakin' pumped up myself. Just ask my wife what I was doing in the living room, lol.

And to your later post, I still like Leach too. He's got some warts, but he's a gamer.

Well probably better ones like Montana, but I'm with you. Favre is the best. I mean look what he did with Vikings! Almost took them to the Super Bowl. Definitely no QB more exciting and entertaining. So yeah, I'm with you on Favre.

Last edited:
Yes the flag planting will be talked about. I'm really big on sportsmanship, and I would generally be disappointed in something like that, but after a HUGE game, with all the adrenaline still pumping, after a good amount of trash talk going around over the past week, and after the arguably disrespectful display in Norman last year by some of the Buckeyes, I'll give Baker a pass on this one. As long as they don't tear anything up or do anything obscene, it's no biggie to me. Heck, I was pretty freakin' pumped up myself. Just ask my wife what I was doing in the living room, lol.

Yup, agree in full. I generally prefer to be humble and "act like you've been there before", but this game was very similar to OU/TX and had some unresolved angst from tOSU's display last year in Norman. In the end, as long as they go back to working hard on Tulane this week, the flag thing will fade away for the most part, well, until we plant it at the Cotton Bowl again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh who your no. 1?

This popped up in my Facebook memories today. Three years ago at Lambeau Field, a visiting fan wearing the jersey of the greatest quarterback in the history of the New York Jets.

10632829_10204794499406404_7696989065075096363_n.jpg

Brett did well the first half of that season, completely turning around the Jets, but that shoulder injury hindered him the second half.

I don't know man. As good as Favre was, I think Namath the best Jet QB.

Brett did well the first half of that season, completely turning around the Jets, but that shoulder injury hindered him the second half.

I don't know man. As good as Favre was, I think Namath the best Jet QB.

Providing the best play at QB for the Jets and being the best QB to play for the Jets are not quite the same thing.

BTW, Favre was the best QB in Vikings history too.

Ditto Falcons.

Can you really use "best QB" and "Jets" in the same sentence? :)
Namath was pretty darn good even with the 60's era knee rebuild. He played too long and really had nothing left at the end though he could fall down really well. He was better than Manning in that regard...

Providing the best play at QB for the Jets and being the best QB to play for the Jets are not quite the same thing.

BTW, Favre was the best QB in Vikings history too.

Ditto Falcons.

Hard to say. Tarkenton wasn't bad. Falcons, well he never had a chance with that Glanville clown. But Namath was the best Jet QB. Favre my man too but I'll have to agree to disagree with you.

Parking for the Chargers’ Los Angeles opener costs an obscene $100

Doubt if ill watch a single game this year. Sure enjoy college ball more these days!

Just enjoying my "100% chance of winning" in my fantasy league today. LOL

And waiting for the NFL weenies to start the game back up over at Mile High. Just gusty crap blowing downslope off of the mountains. A little lightning would just make things interesting. Ha.

Just enjoying my "100% chance of winning" in my fantasy league today. LOL

And waiting for the NFL weenies to start the game back up over at Mile High. Just gusty crap blowing downslope off of the mountains. A little lightning would just make things interesting. Ha.

Chiefs / Seahawks Oct. 1998 to see how to play football in a Midwest thunderstorm.

Another good week. Chiefs 3-0, Broncos 2-1, Chargers 0-3, Raiders TBD.

About half the pro football players should move to N. Korea.
I just can't support or admire ANY of them any more.

About half the pro football players should move to N. Korea.
I just can't support or admire ANY of them any more.

Mixed feelings on this crap going on today, so I didn't watch any games today, not even my Packers. Probably lost anyway. Saw where the Steelers stayed off the field except for one player, a veteran. And then I watched "Vietnam" on PBS and man, it sounds like similar parallels to what's going on today with the demonstrations. Just hope it doesn't spread to college football.

Last edited:
Mixed feelings on this crap going on today, so I didn't watch any games today, not even my Packers. Probably lost anyway. Saw where the Steelers stayed off the field except for one player, a veteran. And then I watched "Vietnam" on PBS and man, it sounds like a parallels to what's going on today with the demonstrations. Just hope it doesn't spread to college football.
I participated in my own personal boycott today. I'm pretty frustrated by all of this. I really love watching Sunday football with my kids but this has gotten to be too much. I don't even understand what all this protest is about. There are forces intent on politicizing every aspect of our lives, and it's working.

I participated in my own personal boycott today. I'm pretty frustrated by all of this. I really love watching Sunday football with my kids but this has gotten to be too much. I don't even understand what all this protest is about. There are forces intent on politicizing every aspect of our lives, and it's working.
Agreed. If they don't like Trump, there are other ways of voicing that. I'll say no more in order to not kill this thread.

NFL caused their own problems. Back when the flag wasn't football field sized and was brought out by a color guard, and the players stayed in the locker room preparing for their game... and the pageantry wasn't paid for by the government for military recruiting, I can recall wondering if anyone even noticed the Anthem going on, as they headed up the aisle to get another beer before kickoff.

The irony that the government gives the NFL a monopoly via congressional mandate that they get anti-trust protection, and then their employees don't seem to appreciate that same government who gave them the monopoly, isn't lost on this football fan.

But hey... they're all just blue collar folk on the sidelines too. They have a union, after all. LOL.

At least with all the pageantry the military gets to practice some time-over-target coordinating with ground spotter, in case we ever need to bomb a stadium in a far away land straight to hell right at the proper moment when the anthem ends.

Rah rah. Big flag and jets on time. Yeah, that's all about football. Light off the pyros right as the jets hit their mark on time, too.

And if you're in Philly, send a bald eagle flying around the stadium while you're at it. Nothing says football like a trained endangered bird handler showing off.

(Edit: Yes riding a horse around a stadium is stupid too...)

'Merica! F*** yeah!

Yawn.

Leave the employees in the locker room and use a normal sized flag that everyone will ignore like they used to, and leave the cameras off/show some more car commercials, until kickoff. Problem solved.

The NFL has five, maybe ten years left anyway as the media works to destroy it over the concussion stuff.

My watching of the NFL and sports in general has been on a steady decline for years and will probably drop off even more this year. I was very happy to see that no one picked up kaepernick this year and I assumed it was due to the stink reeking off him for being a total turd for what he did. But now it seems like the NFL thinks that Trump is an even bigger turd so they are aligning themselves more with kaepernick's actions. It would not surprise me if he will get picked up in the next week or two by some team who just wants to make a point against Trump.

Even though I agree with Trump that these idiots are disrespecting the flag and our country with their actions, I think he was a complete buffoon for weighing in on the issue. Sometimes it is best to just stfu when you are a polarizing figure. Of course, he is too big of egotist to control his mouth. It really sucks that many players who otherwise never would have behaved the way they did yesterday did so more out of hatred for Trump than due to any solidarity with the pos who started all of this. Really disgusting behavior with really stupid motives.

My watching of the NFL and sports in general has been on a steady decline for years and will probably drop off even more this year. I was very happy to see that no one picked up kaepernick this year and I assumed it was due to the stink reeking off him for being a total turd for what he did. But now it seems like the NFL thinks that Trump is an even bigger turd so they are aligning themselves more with kaepernick's actions. It would not surprise me if he will get picked up in the next week or two by some team who just wants to make a point against Trump.

Even though I agree with Trump that these idiots are disrespecting the flag and our country with their actions, I think he was a complete buffoon for weighing in on the issue. Sometimes it is best to just stfu when you are a polarizing figure. Of course, he is too big of egotist to control his mouth. It really sucks that many players who otherwise never would have behaved the way they did yesterday did so more out of hatred for Trump than due to any solidarity with the pos who started all of this. Really disgusting behavior with really stupid motives.

I+agree+with+you+i+personally+don+t.+I+prefer+girls+_85c6470c60c341d70f117c00aac48be0.jpg

Kaepernick's success in his first two seasons as the starter was primarily due to his running ability. Once defenses learned to contain him he had to rely on his passing ability, and it soon became clear that he was a rather poor pocket passer. He lost his starting job midway through the 2015 season. No team has signed him because he is, at best, a backup quarterback demanding starter money.

Question about Kaep - he got "famous" for his knee and comments. That was a while ago. His name is still in the news, a lot, but has he actually made any statements lately? Or is he just being held up as a poster-boy, or example, by those in favor and those opposed? I'm curious how much of his current notoriety is he actually, actively, responsible for? I have tried to stay out of the loop on all this so maybe I've missed something, but I really don't remember seeing him making many public statements.

Ok that's more like. Glad to see the Cowboys back on the right track. That first half was not good though.

Go Cowboys!

Question about Kaep - he got "famous" for his knee and comments. That was a while ago. His name is still in the news, a lot, but has he actually made any statements lately? Or is he just being held up as a poster-boy, or example, by those in favor and those opposed? I'm curious how much of his current notoriety is he actually, actively, responsible for? I have tried to stay out of the loop on all this so maybe I've missed something, but I really don't remember seeing him making many public statements.

I don't think he has, but I think his mother has been in the media lately.

I’m just here waiting for all the butthurt boycotters to give up their 50 yard line season tickets. C’mon boycott! Hahaha.

Giants are now 0-3, so no more NFL till next year...unless they make a comeback. I'm a fair weather fan. I don't remember the last time I watched a NFL game that wasn't a Giants game.

Giants are now 0-3, so no more NFL till next year...unless they make a comeback. I'm a fair weather fan. I don't remember the last time I watched a NFL game that wasn't a Giants game.
Thanks for pointing that out. Since I no longer pay attention to the NFL, I didn't know that.
But I do know that a very close "acquaintance" (whom I can't stand) is an avid Giants fan, so I love it when the Giants lose.
Childish? Yeah, probably.

Back