Ron Levy account is now poadeleted20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to see Ron leave. I learned a lot from him and would have felt fortunate to have been one of his students. I always thought of him as being very professional and generous sharing his knowledge and experience. I'm not the most experienced pilot, but I don't recall Ron ever dispensing bad advice or guidance. Further, I thought it was very helpful to cite regulations so that I could look up the matter on my own. I'm sure why some folks felt the need to ridicule him so much for that. Seems like it would have been better to take the high road and keep those sorts of opinions to oneself.

No doubt he had thick skin, but after a while enough is enough. I don't blame him for leaving or at least taking a break.

Everyone has feet of clay. It took me 40+ years to learn that.

Sad to see Ron gone, he was a great resource, especially as a walking FAR bible.

I have been somehow displeased with the conduct of PoA lately but that's what happens when you put many self-righteous people in one place and allow them to discuss not only aviation but also bunch of other unrelated pointless c*ap. Or if you allow aviation discussions to deviate into such unrelated and pointless c*ap. If it wasn't for that, we all would likely get along better.

Now who has the balls to step up the fill Ron's shoes as a walking FAR bible? Show of hands ...

Sad to see Ron gone, he was a great resource, especially as a walking FAR bible.

I have been somehow displeased with the conduct of PoA lately but that's what happens when you put many self-righteous people in one place and allow them to discuss not only aviation but also bunch of other unrelated pointless c*ap. Or if you allow aviation discussions to deviate into such unrelated and pointless c*ap. If it wasn't for that, we all would likely get along better.

Now who has the balls to step up the fill Ron's shoes as a walking FAR bible? Show of hands ...

Given that the FARs are readily available online there doesn't seem to be any need for a walking FAR bible.

In looking back through his posts, I don't see any indication of frustration or being disgruntled. It's a shame to lose people from a forum, but at the end of the day, when you have 10 pilots you'll have 15 opinions on any given topic.

In looking back through his posts, I don't see any indication of frustration or being disgruntled. It's a shame to lose people from a forum, but at the end of the day, when you have 10 pilots you'll have 15 opinions on any given topic.

I disagree. It's actually 16 opinions.

Rich

eCFR is a good start. Anyone with at least a High School diploma can read and understand the regulations.

So were there 19 previous poadeleteds?

Watch your step or you'll be #21.

I still hate to see someone like him leave the forum. Why couldn't it have been Matthew or Anythony or Geico or FC or... :D

Watch your step or you'll be #21.

I still hate to see someone like him leave the forum. Why couldn't it have been Matthew or Anythony or Geico or FC or... :D

Now that's funny right there.

The account was deleted per Ron's request and could also be restored per his request someday if he so asks. Not much else to know.

We all take on a different persona in the internet life as compered to our real life. Case in point, I am a really nice guy here, but in person I am a royal ass.

:lol: You hid it well when we met!

My online personal is quite different from my real life oersona. I refuse to take the internet seriously. It is a joke and nothing of any real importance happens on it.

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or not, but I believe you just validated my point with your response.

The account was deleted per Ron's request and could also be restored per his request someday if he so asks. Not much else to know.

So what's actually deleted? It appears all of his previous input is still there, the only apparent change is the name on the account.

So what's actually deleted? It appears all of his previous input is still there, the only apparent change is the name on the account.

We've had a long standing policy of not deleting stuff. We will, on some occasions, change the username of an account if someone desires and asks nicely :)

Users are free to delete their own posts if they like.

Mass-deleting a user's posts from a forum can cause all sorts of problems. (Don't ask how I know this...)

Rich

Sadly, I believe this place has gotten a whole lot less civilized and impolite in the last few years, with conversations that I don't believe would take place face to face. But, I guess "that's e-life".

Sadly, I believe this place has gotten a whole lot less civilized and impolite in the last few years, with conversations that I don't believe would take place face to face. But, I guess "that's e-life".

That's because people don't/won't show up at fly-ins.

We've had a long standing policy of not deleting stuff. We will, on some occasions, change the username of an account if someone desires and asks nicely :)

Users are free to delete their own posts if they like.

How "long standing" has this policy been? In July of 2012 I had two posts deleted by the MC.

How "long standing" has this policy been? In July of 2012 I had two posts deleted by the MC.

And it appears as if your wound still hasn't healed.

I think Jesse meant deleting a user's posts en masse...not just one or two that are found to be substantially egregious.

I've had more than just a couple deleted here but you won't hear me whining about it three years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back