Ron Levy account is now poadeleted20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Logajan

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
This may turn into a Kafkaesque question since it may relate to a ban which may not be discussed even if you don't know it isn't supposed to be discussed (but that seems exceedingly unlikely,) but what's with Ron Levy's account profile display name being changed to poadeleted20 and no longer having a User ID?

Hope he's medically OK. I could understand his leaving PoA after 10 years, though.

I was just thinking that I haven't seen him post in awhile.

I heard he had a little disagreement with the MC. I don't think he was banned. It was a voluntary departure, but I am not privy to those details.

huh. One of the members I would have thought least likely to be deleted, voluntary or otherwise. I always thought he had a pretty thick skin to take a lot of the shots thrown his way.

I heard he had a little disagreement with the MC. I don't think he was banned. It was a voluntary departure, but I am not privy to those details.

Not sure what the point of changing the account profile was, though. I only noticed the issue while browsing an older thread and saw Ron Levy quoted in a post and went back up the thread to read the whole post and discovered the display name change.

As to a difference of opinion - it seems probable I'd have disagreed with Ron too, given our different views on things, but I do think the MC is seriously in need of an overhaul - all the pistons are showing signs of wear. PoA itself could use some new paint, too.

I wish we didn't run off so many knowledgeable people.

Not sure what the point of changing the account profile was, though. I only noticed the issue while browsing an older thread and saw Ron Levy quoted in a post and went back up the thread to read the whole post and discovered the display name change.

As to a difference of opinion - it seems probable I'd have disagreed with Ron too, given our different views on things, but I do think the MC is seriously in need of an overhaul - all the pistons are showing signs of wear. PoA itself could use some new paint, too.

Well that sucks, I enjoyed arguing with him on occasion, besides he really did have a good amount of knowledge...I can say that now that he's gone :D

This was not a case of running anyone off. This was a case of someone not getting their way, and throwing a temper tantrum.

Well.
Well.
Well.

Will I be #21? Will Michael find true love with Cynthia? Will Lucy tell Jack that what he thought was his baby is in reality Harold's from a one night stand?

Tune in next week for -- As the propeller turns.

Actually, I enjoyed bantering with Ron... He is a straight shooter and knows the rules better then anyone here, so it is hard to argue with success,,

Hope he comes back soon...:yes:

Actually, I enjoyed bantering with Ron... He is a straight shooter and knows the rules better then anyone here, so it is hard to argue with success,,

Hope he comes back soon...:yes:

I do, too. Aside from Ron's vast knowledge of aeronautical subjects in general, I always considered his advice on controversial questions to be the answer that would never get anyone in trouble. It wasn't always the only interpretation, but it was usually the safest one.

As I've said more than a few times, if you want to play on the edge, you need to know where the edge is. Ron was a valuable asset in that and other ways. I hope he comes back.

Rich

Ron drove me crazy sometimes with his final, conclusary statements, oft repeated, that those who still disagreed with him should take it up with the higher power that actually makes the rules at the FAA, FSDO, etc., as if he and he alone is channeling their final authority on what is being discussed. ... Or that he fully expects the person with an opinion counter to his to be summarily executed after the inevitable enforcement hearing. It's a predictable path. Rinse, lather, repeat.

He's 100% completely full of himself. But, he's often very clearly correct. I love his passion and overall depth of knowledge.

Hope he returns.

I just hope he had a common purpose.

Love the profile pic

Kim
Jim
Keith
Ken !!!

Not good that the red board is taking away the people with true knowledge on this board. Going to get old sending people over to the red board for answers to their questions.

Not good that the red board is taking away the people with true knowledge on this board. Going to get old sending people over to the red board for answers to their questions.

no worries....Henning is still here. :goofy::D

Ron drove me crazy sometimes with his final, conclusary statements, oft repeated, that those who still disagreed with him should take it up with the higher power that actually makes the rules at the FAA, FSDO, etc., as if he and he alone is channeling their final authority on what is being discussed. ... Or that he fully expects the person with an opinion counter to his to be summarily executed after the inevitable enforcement hearing. It's a predictable path. Rinse, lather, repeat.

He's 100% completely full of himself.

To the unknowing Ron sounds convincing, hence a big reason he gets his panties wound up tight when someone who knows better questions him.

Ron has disillusions of grandeur and lives out his fantasies on the internet where his sycophants feed his ego.

But, he's often very clearly correct. I love his passion and overall depth of knowledge.

While he can be correct on a few subjects (such as Part 61 stuff) a lot of other areas he doesn't really have a clue and relies on googling FAA documents and creating his own opinion on how it works, but carefully cloaks it as "The FAA agrees with me" nonsense. And as far as his legal "interpretations" if one takes the time to actually read the material you'll see how laughable that becomes.

He'll be back.

True, but how many times can we re-hash the same old stuff?[1] I look at this board more as entertainment with an aviation twist. I also do gleam nuggets of wisdom now and then, there's a lot of smart/experienced[2] people on this board.

[1] Many times, it seems.

[2] In all areas, not just aviation.

Except Ron didn't really answer any questions. He would come into a thread 35 posts after the question was answered, and he would just repeat what had already been said 22 times. And he would try to post his opinion on what the FAA's process *might* have been as fact, and declare himself emperor of France, er, the internet.

I find it interesting that a few people come here to be "experts" then leave when they don't get their way. The point of being an expert to share knowledge, not an ego trip.

Hope Ron comes back, but I predict he won't. :rolleyes2:

Ron was not sent away.

I haven't opened my FAR/AIM since October 26th 2013 so I don't know if he was ever right or wrong.

I did attend a dinner w/ Ron once.
He's a super nice guy.

So we can understand, why was his account name changed? If he tried to come back he can't his account has been deactivated. :dunno:

I'm confident that it was per his request...that's kinda obvious.

So we can understand, why was his account name changed? If he tried to come back he can't his account has been deactivated. :dunno:

I'm sure an email to the MC could get his account reactivated. He must have done the same/similar to request the deactivation.

We all take on a different persona in the internet life as compered to our real life. Case in point, I am a really nice guy here, but in person I am a royal ass.

Yup, took me flying in his Tiger one year at Gastons. Nice guy in person.

Ron checked me out in my Tiger, a long, long time ago. He really knows those airplanes, and I learned a lot about flying and maintaining them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back