Ron Levy account is now poadeleted20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that no one here 'chased' Ron or Bruce away. They both apparently left because they could not have things their way.
I have no idea what happened in Ron's case, but you're at best partly correct about Bruce. At least, circumstantial evidence points to innuendo about having a financial conflict of interest as regards 3rd class medical reform as being the trigger for his deciding to say adieu to PoA.

I hasten to add, that this was not a widely held POV but just something insistently stated by one poster. Someone else who tried the same angle on the Red Board apparently got banned for a month for it.

If you have a know-it-all persona on the internet you'll attract hecklers. (As opposed to real life conversation where people nod politely and plot their escape.) If you're an internet know-it-all who can't tolerate dissent from the "little people", your path to a temper tantrum is set. Just a matter of time until you take your superior knowledge and seek a new, properly appreciative, audience.

You said more there in less than 100 words than most could in 1000.

Nicely summarized.

And I might add to the very end...

"Just a matter of time until you take your superior knowledge and seek a new, properly appreciative, audience or go to where you have moderation authority."

If you have a know-it-all persona on the internet you'll attract hecklers. (As opposed to real life conversation where people nod politely and plot their escape.) If you're an internet know-it-all who can't tolerate dissent from the "little people", your path to a temper tantrum is set. Just a matter of time until you take your superior knowledge and seek a new, properly appreciative, audience.

You said more there in less than 100 words than most could in 1000.

Nicely summarized.

And I might add to the very end...

"Just a matter of time until you take your superior knowledge and seek a new, properly appreciative, audience or go to where you have moderation authority."

Yep. :thumbsup:

I think the big question in all our minds is, if we throw a big tantrum and run off, will we be cited as an expert on something?

In my case probably not, which is why I'm still here.

Sac, you are the undisputed king of the rant. No one can come close.

Sac, you are the undisputed king of the rant. No one can come close.
It's hard to argue with that observation...especially when it comes to a young chick's clothing choice at the gym.

:rofl:

Well hell, no one listens to me on the internet or in real life. Should I be plotting my escape and where would I go. I could move into the school or the pilots shack at 6Y9, I don't need much.

we'll have an e-lolyer or two pop up very soon to take his place

I don't know about Ron, but surely there was one member on this board that finally put Bruce over the line.

Well hell, no one listens to me on the internet or in real life. Should I be plotting my escape and where would I go. I could move into the school or the pilots shack at 6Y9, I don't need much.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not be too presumptuous!

:rofl:

I can keep things cleaned up while you guys area away!!!!! I'm pretty good with a weedeater!!!

I can keep things cleaned up while you guys area away!!!!! I'm pretty good with a weedeater!!!

A really good weed eater operator is an artist, not a laborer...:yes:

I don't know about Ron, but surely there was one member on this board that finally put Bruce over the line.

Luckily we still have several that believe they are the sole experts on every thing aviation.

I am an expert on Nothing, No one knows as much about Nothing as I do!!!!

I am an expert on Nothing, No one knows as much about Nothing as I do!!!!
Well, you know what they say about specialization. It's the process of knowing More and More about Less and Less, until you know Everything about Nothing.

I'm pretty specialized, so I might have you beat... ;) :D

Luckily we still have several that believe they are the sole experts on every thing aviation.

Yup. I have a great deal of knowledge in a very small subset of things, but I still blather on about all kinds of other stuff here. I think Ron is quite well informed on the legal side of GA, but as an advocate he was sorely lacking.

As a working engineer, I'm reminded of how wrong I am and how little I know on a daily basis. I don't think Ron gets that feedback at his job.

I know, and they irritate the hell out of people like me, who are experts on every thing in aviation. :rofl:

I was pretty shocked at first at the animosity and schoolyard jabs here among what I thought would be a group of higher end people, but then soon I realized it's like any other talk board.

There are some smart people here and I like it because if you ask a question about flying you will get a smart answer within a couple of pages, but then it always devolves into the seventh circle of hell.

Ha ha, yea, you just have to wait, ignore the non-answers, get your good answer, then abandon the thread. :yes:

I'm not sure how people get so bent about posts, ignore, move on...

Ron and Bruce can be very abrasive, of that there is no doubt. However, in my opinion, their attacks were on another posters position. They would in fact, attack a position they disagreed with vigorously, but it was rarely, if ever, personal although when you are being told you are wrong, human nature is to TAKE it personally. I have witnessed both of them take personal barbs from people who disagreed with them and that is unfortunate. I found in Ron's case, it seemed his detractors seemed to argue that he was wrong, rather than offer what was "right". Not always, but quite a lot. A lot of us say things on the internet that we wouldn't say in person.

Ron and Bruce can be very abrasive, of that there is no doubt. However, in my opinion, their attacks were on another posters position. They would in fact, attack a position they disagreed with vigorously, but it was rarely, if ever, personal although when you are being told you are wrong, human nature is to TAKE it personally. I have witnessed both of them take personal barbs from people who disagreed with them and that is unfortunate. I found in Ron's case, it seemed his detractors seemed to argue that he was wrong, rather than offer what was "right". Not always, but quite a lot. A lot of us say things on the internet that we wouldn't say in person.
I would agree with you about Ron. Bruce, not at all.

Bruce would often and very clearly take things waaay too personally and once someone got on his bad side, he would hold a grudge.

I would agree with you about Ron. Bruce, not at all.

Bruce would often and very clearly take things waaay too personally and once someone got on his bad side, he would hold a grudge.

I guess I just never saw it. I will take your word for it though.

And if you remove the last word in your sentence, we have one of those as well :rolleyes:

Ron ..... ? Oh, you mean Cliff Claven. :lol::D

Who is gonna be our human FAR search engine now?

I have been in Bruce's kitchen however.

I'm sorry to see Ron leave. I learned a lot from him and would have felt fortunate to have been one of his students. I always thought of him as being very professional and generous sharing his knowledge and experience. I'm not the most experienced pilot, but I don't recall Ron ever dispensing bad advice or guidance. Further, I thought it was very helpful to cite regulations so that I could look up the matter on my own. I'm not sure why some folks felt the need to ridicule him so much for that. Seems like it would have been better to take the high road and keep those sorts of opinions to oneself.

No doubt he had thick skin, but after a while enough is enough. I don't blame him for leaving or at least taking a break.

Edited to correct typo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back