Ron Levy account is now poadeleted20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? You're serious?

I'm with Ed on this one. I try to make as many PoA fly-ins as I can but the last time I went to OSH was 1980. Wayyyyyyyyyyy to many humanoids in one place for me then, I can't begin to imagine how much of a zoo it is today.

"Small" fly-ins with less than 50 or 100 people that I know? I'm all over it. OSH with a 1/2 million of my closest friends? I'd rather be drawn and quartered.

Yet another "to each his own" aviation topic. Some people wouldn't miss it and that's fine...that's what they love to do...and that's their prerogative.

And I wouldn't disparage anyone for loving it. Please don't disparage those of us who don't.

Introverts of the World UNITE!

I don't do Oshkosh. Get enough people gathered in one area, and they become stupid and oblivious to people around them. Doesn't matter if it's amusement parks or aviation gatherings.

How about lunch on Friday 7/24? I'll be flying from OSH to Traverse City and can take the southern route just as easily as the northern route around the lake.

How about lunch on Friday 7/24? I'll be flying from OSH to Traverse City and can take the southern route just as easily as the northern route around the lake.

Let me see what the schedule is. I live near Grand Rapids, (about 1.5 from GRR) not at 6Y9 as some people have assumed in the past. Though, I may be at 6Y9 then too, or on my way to AK.

I thought I'd meet up with the CO pilots a few times, but realized that me being there would surely put a damper on things, so I deferred. Sort of like the old 'would not want to be a member of any club which would have someone like me as a member' I guess.

I would have liked to met Ron behind the yoke/stick of a plane, cuz I'm convinced he's got a shyte-load of aeronautic info that I could use, but for the rest of the stuff - meh.

Introverts of the World UNITE!

Well, that, but more importantly I'm far too much of a control freak to tolerate large crowds...and to not be in control of exactly what I can do and when I want to do it for the entire duration. It's similar to the reason I'd never live in a large city (unless I was permanently retired and never had to go anywhere) because there's not much in this world that pizzes me off more than being stuck in a traffic jam.

Control freaks unite!

Last edited:
Closed by MC vote. Commenting on members or former members to this degree is inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back