Reno midair

Status
Not open for further replies.
My portrait hangs at the AF Academy.
Found it!

a4e95c27a6f85363745105e936a583f5.jpg

It's not everyday a man like myself will come along, especially on a site like this. Take that opportunity to learn and grow as a leader. I can offer up plenty of wisdom, but you have to be willing to listen...

Wiper
You have no clue about the company your in.

The last thing I need in life is a lesson on how the things work from you, buddy. I know how callsigns work, and you know what, not once did I "demand" to be called Viper. I said I prefer it. If that is too much to ask for, then you need to really take a deep look at yourself. I spent over 20 years of my life dedicated to this great nation. And yes, I am called Viper by literally every person I know in the military and civilian world. I will gladly share how I became known as Viper with all of you, if you wish.

In addition to my consulting experience and PhD studies, I became an airline pilot. I always would mention to younger FO's how important my military service was and how it made me into the leader I am today. When I tell them some of the stories of what I was part of, they certainly appreciate the perspective since they never got to see some of the things I have. Now that I am retired from that world, I continue mentoring and using my knowledge to help others.

My portrait hangs at the AF Academy. Perhaps you didn't know, but I flew in Package Q over the Gulf. Think about that for a minute... I'm not one to share details about myself but if you attack my character like you did, I can bite right back.

It's not everyday a man like myself will come along, especially on a site like this. Take that opportunity to learn and grow as a leader. I can offer up plenty of wisdom, but you have to be willing to listen...

Viper

Lighten up Vippy.

And I don’t think anyone has asked for any of your “wisdom”

Found it!

a4e95c27a6f85363745105e936a583f5.jpg

troll. uh, in case you haven't figured that out a long time ago.
Oh really guys? Care to see my military service records? Want to see my collection of photos next to the F-16 or other cool shots? I’ll happily oblige since you folks know so much!

Clearly, my experience is on another level to both of you. So if you have nothing to offer other than cute jokes, lay off the keyboard.

Oh really guys? Care to see my military service records? Want to see my collection of photos next to the F-16 or other cool shots? I’ll happily oblige since you folks know so much!

Clearly, my experience is on another level to both of you. So if you have nothing to offer other than cute jokes, lay off the keyboard.
You offered, I think it's only fair for us to accept. Post it!

Ok Vippy, please post the photos and copies of your records.

We’re waiting.

Narcissism
I think I've worked with wiper on several occasions.

I doubt you’d talk to me like this in person tough guy. Not many 70 year olds with a martial arts background like I have. I have speed and agility too. See where I’m getting at?

Viper

I’m sorry I am uneasy at times with terrible thoughts I hear voices too. Life is barely holding it together right now. But I am Viper and I am strong like I always was I’m ok

Does anyone wonder if life is worth living but I have good people that depend on me too. Viper needs to stay strong but it’s so hard for me to get going each day. The only thing I like to do anymore is walk outside and pray that I can have a relaxing day

I AM VIPER AND VIPERS STAY STRONG LIKE A SNAKE

Thank you all for listening to what I have to offer. I still share my wisdom but I will be logging off this site for good.

… I flew in Package Q over the Gulf. Think about that for a minute...
I did. The math doesn’t work for you to have done both TPS and log a C-sortie in Desert Storm.

This thread is awful. Does anyone not even bother to think that there were real people involved with the accident in Reno. Two fellow aviators died and yet both viper/wiper and others on here only see it as an opportunity to engage in a battle of who has the bigger…. Everyone involved in the last few pages of this thread should feel ashamed of themselves. The moderators really should shut this thread down and ban all those who think it’s appropriate to engage in this type of discussion while a family and other aviators are grieving the loss of two fellow pilots. POA used to be a place you could come to have respectful discussions about hard topics and a place you could feel welcomed by other pilots like yourself. I guess those days are over. Hopefully the families and friends of the two deceased pilots never come across this thread.

This thread is awful. Does anyone not even bother to think that there were real people involved with the accident in Reno. Two fellow aviators died and yet both viper/wiper and others on here only see it as an opportunity to engage in a battle of who has the bigger…. Everyone involved in the last few pages of this thread should feel ashamed of themselves. The moderators really should shut this thread down and ban all those who think it’s appropriate to engage in this type of discussion while a family and other aviators are grieving the loss of two fellow pilots. POA used to be a place you could come to have respectful discussions about hard topics and a place you could feel welcomed by other pilots like yourself. I guess those days are over. Hopefully the families and friends of the two deceased pilots never come across this thread.
I don't know about banning productive members. A troll needs to be put down, especially one like this, but I agree, this thread is not a good place. I think the MC could & should sanitize it for the sake of the original subject.

…. Everyone involved in the last few pages of this thread should feel ashamed of themselves. ….
To be fair, I feel that way about some posts from long standing members that showed up early in the thread.

… POA used to be a place you could come to have respectful discussions about hard topics and a place you could feel welcomed by other pilots like yourself. I guess those days are over.
This is one of the reasons for my statement above; in my time here there’s never been a week without a polarizing topic, whether Spin Zone or not.

… Hopefully the families and friends of the two deceased pilots never come across this thread.
This is a common refrain in most pilot forums when there is speculation about fatals; even those forums that require full attribution as your member name. Frankly though, I the content in the Kentucky CFI with a student trundling through a thunderstorm at night thread to be more disturbing for families/friends.

Just get so nervous sometimes. I am sorry for how I acted. I would like to stay and continue my observations. Things weren't so good for me last night. For anyone curious, I did fly in Package Q.

I don't know about banning productive members. A troll needs to be put down, especially one like this, but I agree, this thread is not a good place. I think the MC could & should sanitize it for the sake of the original subject.
To be fair, this thread isn't even in the Mishap forum, it's in Hangar Talk.

And this guy offered literally nothing other than "I'm God's gift to aviation an you need hear, respect and be grateful for my opinions."

Last edited:
This thread has gone off the rails. I'm locking this. When there is some news on either the future of the Air Races or the accident here, feel free to open a new thread without name calling and other flame bait.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back