New Zenforo software

Nice! Displays well on both the iPad and phone. Congrats on the upgrade success!

Interesting, I’m viewing it on an iPad right now with no issues. Went right to the site when I touched the icon in Favorites.
If you saved the link with "pilotsofamerica.com/community" (which is really the top of the forums, then it worked fine). If you just went to "pilotsofamerica.com" the redirect sent you to /community which EVERY OTHER BROWSER says that's relative to the top of the site, but for some stupid reason on redirects, safari takes that as an absolute path. I just fixed the redirect to have the hostname in it. At least they're consistant. It was busted on both ios and macos.

If you saved the link with "pilotsofamerica.com/community" (which is really the top of the forums, then it worked fine). If you just went to "pilotsofamerica.com" the redirect sent you to /community which EVERY OTHER BROWSER says that's relative to the top of the site, but for some stupid reason on redirects, safari takes that as an absolute path. I just fixed the redirect to have the hostname in it. At least they're consistant. It was busted on both ios and macos.
You are correct, I did save the link with the “/community” at the end.

I bookmarked the recents link, now changed to the what's new link

if you had used "community" rather than "/community" would it have worked?

Not sure when it changed (or if it actually did change officially) by the HTTP spec required a Location header to use an absolute URL.

Not sure when it changed (or if it actually did change officially) by the HTTP spec required a Location header to use an absolute URL.
As near as I can tell, it's still the same as any other url. Either absolute or relative. Safari has known problems with this and not just in redirects. It typically loses the protocol on relative urls as well.

I am so dissapointed.... I was expecting some drama, lost posts, deleted accounts. Nothing. You guys suck!

Seriously, to all involved, great job!

:yes:

Looks like the photo upload size limit is back. Can that be fixed?

I see that in some forums we have "Sticky threads" and "Normal threads". POA being POA, maybe we should had a set of "Abnormal threads". :cornut:

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Granted, this might just be the bad screen on my laptop, but it's very hard to tell where the quote ends and where the new post begins in dark mode (picture below)little contrast.png

Is there any chance of extending the orange (on the left of the quote) as a border underneath it or shifting the color of the quote for a little more contrast?

Thanks in advance.

I personally find the default font color for the site labels to be too pale, when using the traditional white-background. Needs to be a darker blue to stand out better. Text in the posts themselves is black and has good contrast.

Another thing is the "conversation bubbles" in the main forums page....
1689086929237.png
The bubbles are basically just ghosts, on a white/light gray background.

Ron Wanttaja

Capture.PNG

The "POA exclusive" emojis aren't displaying anymore, at least for me. They were working earlier today.

There is a slightly odd menu difference between "Whats New" and "New Post".

New Posts: only shows unviewed new threads, anything you have looked at already is filtered out 9https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/whats-new/posts/3945/).

Whats New: shows a shortened list of all threads recently posted in (viewed and unviewed) (https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/whats-new/), click "view more" at the bottom right (https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/whats-new/posts/3943/), it expands the list and shows all recent threads (viewed and unviewed). However, the UI shows you are in "New Posts" which should not happen.

Personally, I would prefer if Whats New just always went to the unrestricted list of recent threads as this is how I like to browse (will occasionally open a thread and read part way before jumping out and need to go back) and the new version requires an extra click to get there and then has the odd menu issue.

I don't understand the what's new vs new posts vs lightning bolt at the top. Seems to randomly alternate order of somewhat recent posts. Occasionally an old thread opens at post one of the thread despite recently and previously reading through the entire thread.

Edited to add: coming back to this thread after this post via what's new it dropped me at post one of this thread.

Some threads with recent posts are placed lower on the page than threads with older posts.

Frustrating. Is it jacked up or is it my lack of understanding of the new software?

Last edited:
Is a "compact" theme available?

I personally find the default font color for the site labels to be too pale, when using the traditional white-background. Needs to be a darker blue to stand out better. Text in the posts themselves is black and has good contrast.

Another thing is the "conversation bubbles" in the main forums page....
View attachment 118871
The bubbles are basically just ghosts, on a white/light gray background.

Ron Wanttaja
Ah,I see. They're ghosts when there are no new posts. My links are all to "new posts," so I don't see that page until I hit the mark read button.

Ron Wanttaja

When I roll out a new update in the workplace, it would be ideal to get all of these feedbacks, but crickets usually! It’s nice to see the involvement from everyone to get everything working right.

When I roll out a new update in the workplace, it would be ideal to get all of these feedbacks, but crickets usually! It’s nice to see the involvement from everyone to get everything working right.

It's nice to see that there haven't been any major issues. No one's lost access to their account. Images/thread/conversations haven't been lost. This has been remarkably seamless. The issues all seem to be aesthetic, not functional (colors not being distinctive enough, lost emojies, etc...)

Back