New Zenforo software

Something that will fit more than 7 posts on my phone's screen / 11 on my computer's screen, in the New Posts view.
Smaller fonts and the like? I can probably do that.

Also, can you check the Private Messages warning "Old Thread: Hello RyanB. There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead."

It says this even for brand new private messages that are sent.

Smaller fonts and the like? I can probably do that.

I think he's referring to the padding both top and bottom (10px) in the per-post div .structItem-cell--main. It's pretty... new-reddity :) I bet 2 or 3 px (heck even 5) would be just as effective. I'm no designer though.

I did have the old site at 125% in chrome, and have brought it back to 100. Not sure what that was about. Probably early morning squinty eyes at some point and I never put it back.

When clicking a thread it takes me to the first page instead of the last page so I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to jump to page 75

Also, can't upload photos due to size limits.

When clicking a thread it takes me to the first page instead of the last page so I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to jump to page 75

I'll bump the size limits some more.

Same. Happens when I return to a thread previously read by way of whats new.

On the last version, it was very easy to tell which threads I had replied too.
The new version, has a very tiny icon/badge which makes it difficult to determine if I have replied to a thread.
Can this be fixed?

Just curious, are you maintaining a list of everything you tweak for the next upgrade?

Tim

On the last version, it was very easy to tell which threads I had replied too.
The new version, has a very tiny icon/badge which makes it difficult to determine if I have replied to a thread.
Can this be fixed?

Just curious, are you maintaining a list of everything you tweak for the next upgrade?

Tim
I'm not sure what you're asking. Both the old version and the new hang a little version of your avatar on the corner of the avatar of the thread starter.

It takes you to the first UNREAD message in the thread. It should only take you to the top if you haven't yet any part of the thread.

I think he's referring to the padding both top and bottom (10px) in the per-post div .structItem-cell--main. It's pretty... new-reddity :) I bet 2 or 3 px (heck even 5) would be just as effective. I'm no designer though.

I did have the old site at 125% in chrome, and have brought it back to 100. Not sure what that was about. Probably early morning squinty eyes at some point and I never put it back.
OK, I added a compact style that squeezes a log of padding out without changing the fonts at all.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Both the old version and the new hang a little version of your avatar on the corner of the avatar of the thread starter.

I checked both the default and the dark style, in both the little icon is much harder to notice than I recall. My normal process is to click "new posts" on the menu, glance at each page looking for threads I have replied to previously. Only then scan for topics which interest me. Now, instead of a glance, I have to actually look at the results of "new posts" to find the little icon.

Why it is harder to notice, I do not know. I would need to see the two pages side by side.

Tim

Used to be you could scroll up slightly and menu would pop down and you could go to new posts. Seems now I have to go all the way to the top of the thread.

Used to be you could scroll up slightly and menu would pop down and you could go to new posts. Seems now I have to go all the way to the top of the thread.
There are Jump to New buttons at the top and bottom right of each page of posts.

I think I'm seeing inconsistencies with clicking into a thread........sometimes it takes me to the end/last read and other times it takes me to the 1st post in the thread, even if it's multiple pages long and I've commented/read a bunch of stuff in the thread.

I think I'm seeing inconsistencies with clicking into a thread........sometimes it takes me to the end/last read and other times it takes me to the 1st post in the thread, even if it's multiple pages long and I've commented/read a bunch of stuff in the thread.
Same here

Yep. Same. The not worthy of its own thread is the one that was doing it to me. And I've commented and read them all. Open it up and it goes to post 1.

In post 151 I stated this:
Occasionally an old thread opens at post one of the thread despite recently and previously reading through the entire thread.
Edited to add: coming back to this thread after this post via what's new it dropped me at post one of this thread.
================================================================================
This is repeatable for me. Clicking "what's new" from here, then clicking on this thread drops me at post #1 of this thread.

In post 151 I stated this:
Occasionally an old thread opens at post one of the thread despite recently and previously reading through the entire thread.
Edited to add: coming back to this thread after this post via what's new it dropped me at post one of this thread.
================================================================================
This is repeatable for me. Clicking "what's new" from here, then clicking on this thread drops me at post #1 of this thread.

Have you already read all the new posts in the thread when doing that?

Have you already read all the new posts in the thread when doing that?

if you haven't read them it should bring you to the first non-read post. it shouldn't bring you to post #1 of the thread EVER after having read (or posted) anything

yes other than my own which I just posted above.
In that case, the old software did the same thing. If you clicked the thread title, in red, and you had read everything previously, it would take you to page 1. If you click the last post, circled in blue, it would take you to the latest post in the thread.
Capture4.PNG

In that case, the old software did the same thing. If you clicked the thread title, in red, and you had read everything previously, it would take you to page 1. If you click the last post, circled in blue, it would take you to the latest post in the thread.
View attachment 118917

I think I disagree.....if I recall, which I probably don't, there was a tiny little arrow next to the thread title. u clicked that and it took you to the last read post. this one doesn't have that, it only has the thread title to click on. on what I'm seeing is one time it'll take you to the first unread, another time to the very beginning.

View attachment 118917
I didn't even know you could click on the right side (blue circle). I always clicked the thread title, before and now(I think). The thread title used to take me to 1st unread post; it now takes me to post 1 it seems. Is there a reason for that? Is there a setting to make it default to 1st unread?

I think I disagree.....if I recall, which I probably don't, there was a tiny little arrow next to the thread title. u clicked that and it took you to the last read post. this one doesn't have that, it only has the thread title to click on. on what I'm seeing is one time it'll take you to the first unread, another time to the very beginning.

I didn't even know you could click on the right side (blue circle). I always clicked the thread title, before and now. The thread title used to take me to 1st unread post; it now takes me to post 1 it seems. Is there a reason for that? Is there a setting to make it default to 1st unread?

The thread title will still bring you to the first unread post if there are unread posts in the thread. If you've read everything in the thread, it will take you to the first post of the thread. That's how it's always worked for me, and how it still works, but maybe it works differently for other people!

The thread title will still bring you to the first unread post if there are unread posts in the thread. If you've read everything in the thread, it will take you to the first post of the thread. That's how it's always worked for me, and how it still works, but maybe it works differently for other people!
Definitely different for me. Title takes me to post #1.

Random comment from the peanut gallery: I like this new version considerably more. The dark-mode is huge. I no longer go blind reading it late at night. I also like being able to resize image attachments dynamically in the message box. I don't recall being able to do that in the previous version.

Only suggestion is adding more emojis (I like the new modern ones). I feel like a more robust collection will help users better communicate the appropriate level of snark, sarcasm, disbelief or frustration. While this curated list is a good start, it doesn't allow for the full range of emotions experienced on PoA :)
1689191521559.png

I do not recall the double heading from before. On my large monitor, I do not care, but might affect others:
1689192186375.png

Random comment from the peanut gallery: I like this new version considerably more. The dark-mode is huge. I no longer go blind reading it late at night. I also like being able to resize image attachments dynamically in the message box. I don't recall being able to do that in the previous version.

Only suggestion is adding more emojis (I like the new modern ones). I feel like a more robust collection will help users better communicate the appropriate level of snark, sarcasm, disbelief or frustration. While this curated list is a good start, it doesn't allow for the full range of emotions experienced on PoA :)
View attachment 118919
There are a ton under POA section. Where did you cut the above from?

Wow, this is weird. Now the thread title is working just like you describe above. A few minutes ago the thread title was taking me to post #1. What would have caused this to change?

Wow, this is weird. Now the thread title is working just like you describe above. A few minutes ago the thread title was taking me to post #1. What would have caused this to change?

Solar flares.

:goofy::biggrin::goofy:

P.S. A 'yanking your chain' emojie might be nice...

There are a ton under POA section. Where did you cut the above from?
If I press on the emoji menu ("smiles")
1689195254640.png

it displays this, broken out by 2 categories:

1689195165664.png

The PoA ones are OK. Some of them are funny. But they're also only like 10x10px big and a lot of them are the more annoying animated ones.
EDIT: For instance, we don't have a clown emoji (standard on every iPhone/Android). Think about how applicable that will be when a troll inevitably comes back to town to stir the pot on PoA? The possibilities are endless!

Last edited:
The smilies are just image files. If you have some you would like to provide, I'll put them on the list.

The smilies are just image files. If you have some you would like to provide, I'll put them on the list.
Awesome. Do they have to be a certain size and file-type? Or can I submit any kind? Where should I post them to? I'll happily collect some of the standard ones used.

Well, it would be best if they look good inline. The default ones are all 18x18.
You can PM them to me.

Ok, I figured out something that was bugging me on the new software.
There was a top menu link on the old version of the software which effectively takes you here: https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/whats-new/posts/
While the default behavior of "What's New" menu item takes you here: https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/whats-new/
Anecdotally, and I have not confirmed, the first link shows all threads which have new posts since I last marked them read. The second link shows what is new based on X timeframe; and does not change regardless if I have viewed some of the threads.

Any chance we can get the top menu link back?

Ok, I figured out something that was bugging me on the new software.
There was a top menu link on the old version of the software which effectively takes you here: https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/whats-new/posts/
While the default behavior of "What's New" menu item takes you here: https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/whats-new/
Anecdotally, and I have not confirmed, the first link shows all threads which have new posts since I last marked them read. The second link shows what is new based on X timeframe; and does not change regardless if I have viewed some of the threads.

Any chance we can get the top menu link back?

If you click the drop-down, and then click New Posts, it takes you to https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/whats-new/posts/

Just note that this will also automatically apply a filter to remove threads where you're already current.

Click the indicated X to remove the Filter.

unread.png

Back