New Zenforo software

Not what I am talking about.

In the previous version when you looked in a subforum there would be a highlight indicating there were new posts in that particular thread. That is gone from this version.
Oh yeah, I gotcha, that’s another good question for Ron.

The highlight is still there, but it's pretty close to the same color as the normal one. Let me see if I can adjust that a little bit.

it is subtle, but the highlight still works for me. When unread posts are in a thread, the thread is listed in bold, but same color. Threads with no unread posts appear in non-bold script…looks like Calibri light. Haven’t tried it in dark mode. The difference there may be less subtle.

The highlight is still there, but it's pretty close to the same color as the normal one. Let me see if I can adjust that a little bit.

it is subtle, but the highlight still works for me. When unread posts are in a thread, the thread is listed in bold, but same color. Threads with no unread posts appear in non-bold script…looks like Calibri light. Haven’t tried it in dark mode. The difference there may be less subtle.
I'm not seeing it. I marked all forums/threads as read and on Firefox 115.0.1 all threads whether they have new posts or not, look exactly the same.

Nope…even more subtle in dark mode.

Attachments

• IMG_6943.png
    IMG_6943.png
    279.3 KB · Views: 9
The top two have new posts, the bottom two don't. But I see zero difference.1689004713046.png

I'm not seeing it. I marked all forums/threads as read and on Firefox 115.0.1 all threads whether they have new posts or not, look exactly the same.

Interesting. I’m using Safari on an iPhone. I’ll try it on my desktop.

Can you see the difference in the attached pic?

IMG_6944.png

Maybe the top two are 0.0003% more bold? Maybe? Should just be in a different color, or shadowing or something.

Switched to dark mode. That shows visited threads as the classic purple link a la 1997. So that's even less helpful.

It would be really nice if the highlight was darker/more noticeable! I can see the difference on my husband's PC monitor, but the difference is nearly imperceptible on my laptop or phone.

I'm getting it on my laptop. Ipad mini says Safari can't open it because server can't be found

Maybe the top two are 0.0003% more bold? Maybe? Should just be in a different color, or shadowing or something.

Switched to dark mode. That shows visited threads as the classic purple link a la 1997. So that's even less helpful.
The top one is read, the middle three are unread, and the bottom one is read. It's almost impossible to tell, though.

Nah. The 1st and 5th posts in the pic above are less bold than the others. It is very subtle and hard to see.

No worries. I'm sure @flyingron will find a great solution. By the way, thanks @flyingron for all the hard work. We appreciate it. If I'm ever in your area, lunch is on me. :thumbsup:

@flyingron

FYI: No matter if checked or not; for my profile the Opt-Out of chat in user profile does not work.
Note: I think it was @RyanB that did something on the backend to flip it before in case that affects it.

Tim

@flyingron

FYI: No matter if checked or not; for my profile the Opt-Out of chat in user profile does not work.
Note: I think it was @RyanB that did something on the backend to flip it before in case that affects it.

Tim
I did, so we could see what was going on. I can revert that if you’d like.

@flyingron

A minor squawk that I notice is the number of chatters in chat. It shows 0 before clicking on it, but when you click on it, then it updates and shows how many are actually chatting. Any way that can be fixed so it shows the number of people in chat without having to click on it first?
Any idea on this, @flyingron ?

It says there’s nobody in chat until you click on it. Might deter people from going in there if they think nobody is there.

Someone posted in a thread I have listed as "Watched", but I didn't get an alert. I searched this thread for "Alerts" and found nothing. Are Alerts turned off or something?

Okay, so maybe it's just something weird on mobile. I see the number of chatters now without clicking on Chat on the regular computer. Weird.

On my iPhone, the top right chat icon shows zero, but if I hit the menu drop down it shows the correct number.

IMG_6945.png

Just posting this so people are aware: In Recent Posts, a filter is applied automatically to remove from sight thread you've already read. If you just left the joke thread and no has posted since you left, it won't appear in Recent unless you remove the filter.

Again, just to let people know so they aren't confused.

we used to be able to ignore a thread. Did that option get lost?

This seems to be the bug thread :D The favicon.ico doesn't appear to have carried over. To wit:

My old bookmark:

1689013901428.png

My current chrome tab:

1689013918294.png

Back