New Zenforo software

it's not solving anything nor attempting to solve anything. it's literally a chat room. go in it if you want to chat. don't go in it if you don't want to chat. it's really not any more complicated than that. it's also not new. pretty straight forward. chat, don't chat, that's it.
I don't Chat. Well, I did once to get a specific real time answer to something. What I'm wondering is, is there anything to gain by 'opting out' Like things will work faster or something?

I don't Chat. Well, I did once to get a specific real time answer to something. What I'm wondering is, is there anything to gain by 'opting out' Like things will work faster or something?

I honestly don’t know. I’m guessing people like edfred would opt out since like flyingron said, it’s a separate app/plug-in that steals all your personal data so you can use the chat room. Maybe you’d be slightly more secure by opting out but that’s just a guess. It’s also just as easy to not click on ‘chat’ if you just don’t want to use it.

Dark mode has been added. Click down at the very bottom left of the screen where it says "Pilots of America Style" and select "Pilots of America Dark"
Awesome!

Oh, and by the way, I fixed the tiny user name thing.

Why would I want dark over not dark mode? Save electricity?

The chat software is a seperate little thing but it has parts that connect into the rest of xenforo to get your user name and permissions, board colors, insert the "users chatting info", menu items etc..
Should asked you this. If I don't do the chat thing will it make other features unavailable
it was just a play on words, but rich text is formattable text. not expensive text.
Lol. I didn't think that. But formattable I get. I think.

Last edited:
So far my #1 observation is the constant request to open a thread in an app VS the browser. Where is the settings to turn that off? I will never use that app.

I’m curious when/where u are getting that prompt, I haven’t seen it yet.

He's talking about the tapatalk popup, I think. This only pops up once unless you've got excessively restrictive cookie policy in effect which causes the "already dismissed this" cookie to go away.

Still, it is annoying and I don't like to encourage tapatalk, I'll see if I can disable it.\

I made the "DANGER" banner a lot smaller for mobile users so the formatting shouldn't be as wonky.
I think I managed to squash the Tapatalk "View in Tapatalk" popups.
and BBcodes have been added.

It's like our own brand of coffee!

Phew. I thought he might be referring to this one.

Chaga mushroom coffee with monk fruit. Eclectic and slightly awkward and frightening — just the way we like it here.

menu-Poa-Caf.jpg

qY_oxEgX_400x400.jpg

Dark mode has been added. Click down at the very bottom left of the screen where it says "Pilots of America Style" and select "Pilots of America Dark"

Nice. I like it. A few of the images do look wonky, like the POA on the top left.

Tim

Nice. I like it. A few of the images do look wonky, like the POA on the top left.

Tim
The normal POA logo is way too bright for dark mode. I photoshopped it a bit to make it dimmer.

The normal POA logo is way too bright for dark mode. I photoshopped it a bit to make it dimmer.

Overall, I think you (and anyone else involved) have done a great job with the proposed migration. Tweaking a few images, here or there can always be done later.
It might be worthwhile to see if we have a graphic artist on POA who would be willing to look at these details.

Tim

I’m curious when/where u are getting that prompt, I haven’t seen it yet.

I got the prompt pretty soon into my session on the new software. Then I added a reply and it asked me if I wanted to use tapatalk or Safari. That was using my newish Iphone 14 pro.

He's talking about the tapatalk popup, I think. This only pops up once unless you've got excessively restrictive cookie policy in effect which causes the "already dismissed this" cookie to go away.

Still, it is annoying and I don't like to encourage tapatalk, I'll see if I can disable it.\

that’s the one. Thanks for helping fix that.

yes I probably have some restrictive cookie policy’s setup on my phone where I do 99% of my surfing.

The new thread about cutover tomorrow says I don’t have rights/privileges to post there

I think I saw the same thing on the test site

after cutover will posting rights/privileges be similar to the current ones? Or will low time posters be in limbo for a few days while you work out the kinks?

The new thread about cutover tomorrow says I don’t have rights/privileges to post there

I think I saw the same thing on the test site

after cutover will posting rights/privileges be similar to the current ones? Or will low time posters be in limbo for a few days while you work out the kinks?
You don't have privileges to post in a news thread. That's MC only. Otherwise you can post anywhere else.

@flyingron

A minor squawk that I notice is the number of chatters in chat. It shows 0 before clicking on it, but when you click on it, then it updates and shows how many are actually chatting. Any way that can be fixed so it shows the number of people in chat without having to click on it first?

While looking at the thread list, how do we know if a thread has new posts since last time we were in the thread? Nothing distinguishes the threads from one and other as to having new posts or not.

While looking at the thread list, how do we know if a thread has new posts since last time we were in the thread? Nothing distinguishes the threads from one and other as to having new posts or not.
Click the “New Posts” button… the “What’s New” appears to be the same as recent posts.

Click the “New Posts” button… the “What’s New” appears to be the same as recent posts.
Not what I am talking about.

In the previous version when you looked in a subforum there would be a highlight indicating there were new posts in that particular thread. That is gone from this version.

Back