Movie quotes

Ahhh! Woooh! What's happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What's my purpose in life? What do I mean by who am I? Okay okay calm down calm down get a grip now. Ooh, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? Its a sort of tingling in my... well I suppose I better start finding names for things. Lets call it a... tail! Yeah! Tail! And hey, whats this roaring sound, wooshing past what I'm suddenly gonna call my head? Wind! Is that a good name? It'll do. Yeah, this is really exciting. I'm dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There's an awful lot of that now isn't it? And whats this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like 'Ow', 'Ownge', 'Round', 'Ground'! Thats it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it'll be friends with me? Hello Ground!

N2212R said:
Ahhh! Woooh! What's happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What's my purpose in life? What do I mean by who am I? Okay okay calm down calm down get a grip now. Ooh, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? Its a sort of tingling in my... well I suppose I better start finding names for things. Lets call it a... tail! Yeah! Tail! And hey, whats this roaring sound, wooshing past what I'm suddenly gonna call my head? Wind! Is that a good name? It'll do. Yeah, this is really exciting. I'm dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There's an awful lot of that now isn't it? And whats this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like 'Ow', 'Ownge', 'Round', 'Ground'! Thats it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it'll be friends with me? Hello Ground!
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

N2212R said:

I LOVE this movie!!!

One of my favorite parts is when the pan out on the earth before it explodes.. i dont know why thats so funny but it is .. :goofy:

Darrell111 said:
"Tell me Timmy, have you ever seen a grown man naked? Do you like gladiator movies?"

HAHA :D:D

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

Airplane.

James Dean

"Tomorrow is another day".

"Anyone, anyone?"

GWTW for the first quote.

Second quote is a favorite around our house. Anyone?

All that I can say to you all is that it looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue....

(This has come into our daily dialog here around our house too! If only I could adequately describe where I live/work to you all!)

--Matt

The rogue said:
All that I can say to you all is that it looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue....

(This has come into our daily dialog here around our house too! If only I could adequately describe where I live/work to you all!)

--Matt

I suspect a good many people use that line from AIRPLANE! from time to time.

The entire script can be read here.

"Awwww, it's just a little lion. Can we keep 'im?"

N2212R said:
"Awwww, it's just a little lion. Can we keep 'im?"

Puumba
The Lion King

The first time I saw that, at the beginning of the show the kid I was tutoring said "Don't get attached to the cute mouse." I got as far as "Wh" then WHAP! 'Oh, that's why."

Last edited:
"Man, sometimes I think I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals!"

I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh*t-kickers and Methodists.

Alan said:
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, sh*t-kickers and Methodists.
It's Hedley.

Alan said:

We get two kinds in here: We get the prime pilots who fly all of the hot planes and we get the pudknockers who wish they could fly the hot planes.... Now, what're you two pudknockers gonna have?

mikea said:
We get two kinds in here: We get the prime pilots who fly all of the hot planes and we get the pudknockers who wish they could fly the hot planes.... Now, what're you two pudknockers gonna have?

Right Stuff.

James_Dean said:
I love this movie and the actor quoted. I appologize for the length.

"Becky! Come here. Somethin' I ought to tell you. Guess now's as good a time as any. You're going to have every young buck west of the Missouri around here tryin' to marry you - mostly because you're a handsome filly, but partly because I own everything in this country from here to there. They'll think you're going to inherit it. Well, you're not. I'm going to leave most of it to, well, to the nation really, for a park where no lumbermen'll cut down all the trees for houses with leaky roofs. Nobody'll kill all the beaver for hats for dudes nor murder the buffalo for robes. What I'm going to give you is a 500 cow spread on the Upper Green River. Now that may not seem like much, but it's more than we had, your mother and I. Some folks are gonna say I'm doin' all this so I can sit up in the hereafter and look down on a park named after me, or that I was disappointed in you - didn't want you to get all that money. But the real reason, Becky, is because I love you, and I want you and some young man to have what I had, because all the gold in the United States Treasury and all the harp music in heaven can't equal what happens between a man and a woman with all that growin' together. I can't explain it any better than that. "

James Dean

John Wayne-wasn't his character's name John Jacob McClintock? In the movie McClintock, of course.

Shrek. (Although I think that there is probably some well known earlier source of that quote that I don't know.)

"Mongo only pawn in chess game of life"

Greebo said:
Shrek. (Although I think that there is probably some well known earlier source of that quote that I don't know.)

"Mongo only pawn in chess game of life"

blazing saddles, i take it

nobody ever answered my, "do you ever have deja vu mrs lancaster?". the reply is, "i'll have to check with the kitchen mr. connors". tc

tom clark said:
nobody ever answered my, "do you ever have deja vu mrs lancaster?". the reply is, "i'll have to check with the kitchen mr. connors". tc
Oh, Groundhog Day.

tom clark said:

Groundhog Day!!!!!!

A classic!!

Back