Movie quotes

jkaduk

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
John Kaduk
With the demise of the Soapbox over at the red board went a thread on movie quotes that was quite fun. So I am starting it here with an easy one.
"Here's Johnny"!

The Shining.

"Somebody hates these cans!"

N2212R said:
The Shining.

That was filmed in a old Stanley Hotel up in Estes Park, CO. Remember the Stanley Steamer? That's the guy that built it. Its still exists.

"Hey, you f***ed up. You trusted us."

gibbons said:
The Jerk.

"Do you mind if we dance with your dates?"

Animal House.

"Ya'll killed two Cowboys."
(it's the opening line to the movie, not including the narration)

Last edited:
"All they got from Paulie was protection from other guys looking to rip them off. That's what it's all about. That's what the FBI can never understand - that what Paulie and the organization offer is protection for the kinds of guys who can't go to the cops. They're like the police department for wiseguys."

James Dean

"For once I'm completely in agreement with my partner. I'm not going down there. Do you know what those things can do? Suck the paint off your house and give your family a permanent orange afro."

James Dean

N2212R said:
Animal House.

"Ya'll killed two Cowboys."
(it's the opening line to the movie, not including the narration)

Tombstone?

===

"Who took my laundry?!" (Aviation-related)

James_Dean said:
"All they got from Paulie was protection from other guys looking to rip them off. That's what it's all about. That's what the FBI can never understand - that what Paulie and the organization offer is protection for the kinds of guys who can't go to the cops. They're like the police department for wiseguys."

Goodfellas. Great mob movie.

"It's the motor. I think it's thrown a rod"

"Time ta go ta work"

(Both from same movie)

"You pee-ple... may ski on ziss side or on zat side, but stay out of za middle here!"

tom. said:

"Time ta go ta work"

(Both from same movie)

Blues Brothers! Film art. ("Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail us now!")

tom. said:

"Time ta go ta work"

(Both from same movie)

Blues Brothers.

James Dean

I love this movie and the actor quoted. I appologize for the length.

"Becky! Come here. Somethin' I ought to tell you. Guess now's as good a time as any. You're going to have every young buck west of the Missouri around here tryin' to marry you - mostly because you're a handsome filly, but partly because I own everything in this country from here to there. They'll think you're going to inherit it. Well, you're not. I'm going to leave most of it to, well, to the nation really, for a park where no lumbermen'll cut down all the trees for houses with leaky roofs. Nobody'll kill all the beaver for hats for dudes nor murder the buffalo for robes. What I'm going to give you is a 500 cow spread on the Upper Green River. Now that may not seem like much, but it's more than we had, your mother and I. Some folks are gonna say I'm doin' all this so I can sit up in the hereafter and look down on a park named after me, or that I was disappointed in you - didn't want you to get all that money. But the real reason, Becky, is because I love you, and I want you and some young man to have what I had, because all the gold in the United States Treasury and all the harp music in heaven can't equal what happens between a man and a woman with all that growin' together. I can't explain it any better than that. "

James Dean

"That Rabbit's dynamite!"

How do you know he's a King?

Well, he hasn't got s**t all over him.

SCCutler said:
Blues Brothers! Film art. ("Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail us now!")

Can't believe no one recognizes the second movie!

"...And this zero defect [stuff]... I don't see it. I don't get it. I just don't buy it."

Ah. Spinal Tap. What a great flick. "Smell the Glove" is my favorite non album of all time.

"We just put Sir Isaac Newton in the drivers seat"

tonycondon said:
"We just put Sir Isaac Newton in the drivers seat"

Apollo 13. GREAT MOVIE!

Steve said:

(sniff...)

Steve, I love you, man!

I am bringing that flick (at least the airplane scenes) to Gaston's.

"Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya....punk?"
hope I have the line right... Im not a huge cinema fan but that one got to me.

I posted this one over in soapbox, but didn't get a chance to see if anyone ever answered it:

"People were waking up in the morning with their throats cut."

Let'sgoflying! said:
"Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya....punk?"
hope I have the line right... Im not a huge cinema fan but that one got to me.

Dirty Harry?

James Dean

"I asked for a car, I got a computer. How's that for being born under a bad sign?"

James Dean

I think this movie should be required viewing in the 10th grade.

"You see, boys forget what their country means by just reading The Land of the Free in history books. Then they get to be men they forget even more. Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books, Miss Saunders. Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't, I can, and my children will. Boys ought to grow up remembering that."

James Dean

Mr. Smith goes to Washington.

Not a big Jimmy Stewart fan but for some odd reason I remember the quote. :dunno:

"That was some of the best flying I've ever seen, right up until you got killed?"

Lenny

"I haven't seen Berlin yet from the air or from the ground and I plan on doing both before the war is over."

"Flyers are not peasants to dig in the dirt."

Lenny

"Dear, the airport called and I thought you would want to know, Dooley's down."

Len

Back