Movie quotes

wsuffa said:
R E S P E C T, tell you what it means to me...

That is one of my favorite movies of all time. Ackroyd and Belushi....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080455/quotes

NOOOO!!!! Geez, don't you have the record CD? The song is "THINK!" and I saw Aretha sing it at Chicago fest when the "surprise" was Jake and Elwood joining her and Muddy Waters on stage while they were filiming the movie.

While they were filiming we heard what they were doing and where they were doing it. There were things that didn't make it into the movie - like they blew up a gas station on the north shore. I can imagine that Carrie blew it up after the scene where Elwood met with Twiggy. You see Carrie there but nothing happens. They probably thought they had one explosion too many or maybe it didn't look good - or maybe they ran out of SFX money - or maybe they didn't need it once Mayor Jane Bryne personally gave them permission to drive through the window in the Daley Center, and tear up Daley Plaza and City Hall.

Also I'm fairly sure the the "Mr. Man!" lady, Toni, was once my neighbor and babysitter.

:goofy: :goofy: No way, no way you coulda come from my loins,
The first thing I'm gonna do when we get home, is punch yo momma right in the mouth.
Joe

kobijo said:
:goofy: :goofy: No way, no way you coulda come from my loins,
The first thing I'm gonna do when we get home, is punch yo momma right in the mouth.
Joe

Smokey And The Bandit.

"Brothers don't shake hands. Brothers gotta hug!!"

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
"Game over man... Game over!"
One of the Aliens movies...not sure which one....

"HDS! HDS! Coming through. Gotta package people!"

Ummmmmphhhhh!!!! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggg-gagagag! You'll never get this one. :rolleyes:

Fast n' Furious said:
Ummmmmphhhhh!!!! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggg-gagagag! You'll never get this one. :rolleyes:

That's an easy one.
<---- Me - about a month ago when the bill arrived for hanging a new engine on the jeep.

I was reminded of this quote by something in another thread. It's from an old classic......

"Well, I've struggled with reality all my life and I'm happy to report...I've finally won."

no answer for the above, but, another quote:

"No thanks. I'll wait and hope for better things."

p8cleared2land said:
Robert Redford's Scrabble letters show: SETE CAST
"Now what are you saying? The NSA killed Kennedy?"
"No, they shot him but they didn't kill him. He's still alive."

Re RHPS--that one surely wasn't worth remembering, and why do I have this sudden urge to throw toast?

For the quote - the movie is Sneakers.

woodstock said:
no answer for the above, but, another quote:

It's from "Harvey" with Jimmy Stewart. Another good one from that movie goes something like...."My mother always said, 'you can be smart, or you can be pleasant'...well, I've been smart, I prefer pleasant".

woodstock said:
"No thanks. I'll wait and hope for better things."
I like that. Hope.

"Hope is a good thing. It may be the best of things." from the Shawshank Redemption.

RE: Rodeo quote

I don't have a clue but it has to be Jack Nicholson...perhaps "A Few Good Men".

Len

Len Lanetti said:
RE: Rodeo quote

I don't have a clue but it has to be Jack Nicholson...perhaps "A Few Good Men".

Len

Nope. The movie is from 1981.

another one, and I bet I know who gets it immediately:

"I hope you have a big trunk, because I'm putting my bike in it."

James_Dean said:
"What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."

James Dean

Reminds me of boiled eggs there Eggman :p

Best,

Dave

Let'sgoflying! said:
"Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya....punk?"
hope I have the line right... Im not a huge cinema fan but that one got to me.

Eastwood's "Dirty Harry" character

Back