Movie quotes

"I would like, if I may, to take you, on a strange journey."

"Mister you just shot an unarmed man!"

Clint Eastwood: "(spit)...shoulda' armed hisself..."

Greebo said:
"I would like, if I may, to take you, on a strange journey."

Rocky Horror - That brings back some, shall we say, interesting memories...

fgcason said:
Rocky Horror - That brings back some, shall we say, interesting memories...

You mean to tell me you remember??? You must not have had as much, shall we say, fun as some did.... :) :)

wsuffa said:
You mean to tell me you remember??? You must not have had as much, shall we say, fun as some did.... :) :)

Some memories are such a significant derailment from the normal state of weird that it gets permanently carved in unbelievable detail on the inside one's skull.

For such an objectively crappy show I sure spent a lot of weekend midnights voluntarily going to see it.

I don't know about anyone else but I still have my watergun. :yes:

fgcason said:
For such an objectively crappy show I sure spent a lot of weekend midnights voluntarily going to see it.

My sis and I would drive to the theatre on Sunset Blvd in Hollyweird to see it. I think I was about 15ish or something like that. Long after I got my DL and she stopped going, i would keep on. I bought the DVD about a year ago, watched half of it and then put it away. Somehow, it just wasn't the same.

"I'm so ronery. So ronery. So ronery and sadry arone. Dere's
no one, just me onry, sitting on my rittle throne."

I can't place it. Maybe "Real Genius" but it doesnt' seem right.

No wonder I didn't know it. I refuse to watch a show that threatens to decrease my already suffering IQ just in the title alone. :)

Greebo said:
No wonder I didn't know it. I refuse to watch a show that threatens to decrease my already suffering IQ just in the title alone. :)

you've never seen it? it's hilarious!

you'd probably also have to be a fan of "The Jerk" to appreciate it though.

Last edited:
Richard said:
Let's do the time warp again.

http://www.godamongdirectors.com/scripts/rhps.shtml

There is stuff I thought was in the show but isn't in the script. The extra lines are the more memorable lines from the audience.

Culture shock: When you're in the middle of a really creepy crowd at 1:30AM walking behind a semi run down building to a dark half overgrown treed parking lot..and you're not afraid at all because no hooligan in existence regardless of how insane or crazy has enough nerve to attack the group you're with.

Last edited:
woodstock said:
you'd probably also have to be a fan of "The Jerk" to appreciate it though.
Saw "The Jerk" (we're talking Steve Martin, right?)

It was ... meh...

fgcason said:
http://www.godamongdirectors.com/scripts/rhps.shtml

There is stuff I thought was in the show but isn't in the script. The extra lines are the more memorable lines from the audience.
I'd click that link, but I'm afraid it would give me flashbacks to my days at Great Mistakes, IL, where on the weekends, I was part of "the cast" at the local showing of RHPS.

In my defense, I was under the influence of "God I hate the Navy" at the time and was looking for anyway possible to be a non-conformist w/o breaking any regs.

"I've had this taste in my mouth before."

"It does have a little wang to it. Good, though."

Missa said:
Easy: Matrix

From my favorite movie:
"No Ticket"

That line was in two movies

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
(bad guy tossed out of the blimp)
and
Dogma
(bad guy tossed out of a train)

"You will remember to wash your hands before you eat anything."

"Just for the record, how many windows are there on the front of this building?"
"I haven't the foggiest."

<begin quote>
Don't you blaspheme in here. Don't you blaspheme in here. This is my man, this is my restaurant, and you two are gonna turn around and walk right out of here - without your dry white toast, without your four fried chickens, and withOUT Matt 'Guitar' Murphy.
<end quote>

wsuffa said:
<begin quote>
Don't you blaspheme in here. Don't you blaspheme in here. This is my man, this is my restaurant, and you two are gonna turn around and walk right out of here - without your dry white toast, without your four fried chickens, and withOUT Matt 'Guitar' Murphy.
<end quote>

Sounds like someone was getting the band back together?

Blues Brothers

N2212R said:
That line was in two movies

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
(bad guy tossed out of the blimp)
and
Dogma
(bad guy tossed out of a train)

Hum, I haven't see IJ & the last Crusade in quite some time... so I didn't relise it had the same line.

In Dogma it's the most dialoge silent bob has ever uttered in a move. :)

Missa

It was totally borrowed from IJ&TLC.

No one knows my quote???

N2212R said:
It was totally borrowed from IJ&TLC.

No one knows my quote???

Not a clue... but not a big movie buff so I'm fairly bad a this game.

Missa

Robert Redford's Scrabble letters show: SETE CAST
"Now what are you saying? The NSA killed Kennedy?"
"No, they shot him but they didn't kill him. He's still alive."

Re RHPS--that one surely wasn't worth remembering, and why do I have this sudden urge to throw toast?

Last edited:
I thought this one was great, but have yet to find anyone else willing to admit they've even seen it:

"I see you've remodeled the garage. Must've cost hundreds."

"Are you a cop?"
"As far as you know."
"Are you going to take me to jail for car theft?"
"Why? Did you steal the car?"
"I sure did."
"Well, I'm not sure that's even a crime anymore. There've been a lot of changes in the law."

Back