Man Parks Plane in Driveway

Though I won't defend his last post as it rose to your level of personal attacks.

Um, no, for a personal attack you need to identify a person. I did not address my response to any particular individual.

:D

The Florida Cockroaches are particularly big and obnoxious this time of year.

Well, I saw at least six dozen this past weekend and received 2 as birthday gifts.....no law enforcement was involved.

"You know, it's gotten to the point that the Confederate flag isn't just a symbol of the Confederacy or the South - it's also become a symbol of free speech. I'm considering flying a Confederate flag just because liberals keep telling me not to."

That's what I'm going to do with my birthday presents.

I would agree with you 100%. If anyone wants to fly this flag or any flag go right ahead. That is your right. But to have this flag fly on any Government land as a flag we honor is just wrong. More people died to keep this flag from flying on any government land. To fly this flag there is doing these people a disservice and dishonoring what they died for.

Fly this flag all you want, but keep it off Government lands. This is not the flag I honor and sent my son off to defend.

Tony

Actually, he was stating what FC does, not who FC is. And thus that's not a personal attack.

I can say "Nate, what you said was really stupid." That's not a personal attack.

But, if I say "Nate, you're really stupid," it is.

And I notice you didn't feel motivated to comment on this beauty of a personal attack:

In this case, the attack was clearly initiated as personal; "the leftist whiners." That's a description of who they are and not what they said/did.

See the difference there Nate? One takes intellect and reasoning to articulate. The other not so much.

Nice rationalizing. Still not buying it.

Just wondering how this thread became an HOA bashing thread. All kinds of right wing nut jobs came out (like cockroaches when the lights go off) and start whining about this.

Here is a suggestion... Just don't move into a neighborhood with an HOA! Nobody is forcing it on you. Find something else to whine about please this one is totally in your control to avoid. Or are you going to try to impose your views on us like you do your religion and your view of morality?

Missed my post that there hasn't been a new neighborhood built in my State for almost three decades, that doesn't have one, did you then?

Nice overreaction to a real problem though, and trying to spin it like partisanship has anything to do with it. LOL. Hilarious.

You REALLY need some bread and cheese to go with your whine.

:rofl:

All you did was come here and whine. You even took the opportunity to whine about your racist flag you want to parade everywhere. On that topic: I believe in personal freedom. I actually support your right to carry that flag. Just don't try to fly it over any public instititution or other place that uses my tax money because it does not represent me. Want to go walking down the street with it? Be my guest. Heck, fly a Nazi flag if you want.

Missed my post that there hasn't been a new neighborhood built in my State for almost three decades, that doesn't have one, did you then?

:lol:

Check your facts before you post. There are plenty of places to buy property without HOAs. Just far away from the rest of us.

I would agree with you 100%. If anyone wants to fly this flag or any flag go right ahead. That is your right. But to have this flag fly on any Government land as a flag we honor is just wrong. More people died to keep this flag from flying on any government land. To fly this flag there is doing these people a disservice and dishonoring what they died for.

Fly this flag all you want, but keep it off Government lands. This is not the flag I honor and sent my son off to defend.

Tony

You just stick to IL affairs. The flag was flying over a memorial for people who fought under that flag, or a similar one,

Nice overreaction to a real problem though, and trying to spin it like partisanship has anything to do with it. LOL. Hilarious.

So don't live in a "neighborhood." It's really that simple. You don't belong in one. No one in a "neighborhood" wants to see your geeked out radio tower anyway. That's why they live in "neighborhoods."

So don't live in a "neighborhood." It's really that simple. You don't belong in one. No one in a "neighborhood" wants to see your geeked out radio tower anyway. That's why they live in "neighborhoods."

Exactly what I did. 15 miles from a grocery store and 30 miles from a supermarket. It's nice but not convenient. The folks living in their highly regulated conformity pods get all the good internet and dining options.

Now I gotta go put up a gaudy flag pole with an offensive flag on it.

:rofl:

All you did was come here and whine. You even took the opportunity to whine about your racist flag you want to parade everywhere. On that topic: I believe in personal freedom. I actually support your right to carry that flag. Just don't try to fly it over any public instititution or other place that uses my tax money because it does not represent me. Want to go walking down the street with it? Be my guest. Heck, fly a Nazi flag if you want.

Wow, maybe what you really need is a baby bottle, or a kotex.

Well, we all knew we could count on FC to double down on personal attacks/insults. It's so predictable.

Exactly what I did. 15 miles from a grocery store and 30 miles from a supermarket. It's nice but not convenient.

Me too, with almost the exact same distances. It has its advantages and disadvantages just like everything else in life. I have some neighbors who need to renovate their places with 5 gallons of gas and a match but, hey, I can't see them from the middle of 160 acres so "vivre et laisser vivre."

Check your facts before you post. There are plenty of places to buy property without HOAs. Just far away from the rest of us.

Read carefully again. See if you can find the adjective that you're missing.

Real neighbors actually encourage and enjoy other's hobbies and like the other people.

"Neighborhoods" in the city are just the conformists who live next door. Ooh look. Beige. How lovely. And a nice mini-Van.

Walked out to talk to my neighbor at the fence on Friday. Noticed he was running a Bobcat and working on a project and he'd seen us loading the tower sections into my yard.

Said, "hey! We both seem to be working on some projects!" He replied with, "Is that going to be an antenna? Awesome!"

A real neighbor. We talked about his project for a while and some grading and drainage stuff he had put off too long that he was also using the bobcat for and said we'd come over and see each other's projects when we're both done. (He's also remodeling his basement.)

His direct quote later in the conversation...

"I love living where folks can actually do cool things like your antenna on their own property."

You can keep the fake thing they call a "neighborhood" in the city.

Watched a WWII Vet lose his ability to rent a house in one after he was told to take his Marine Corp flag down and he called the neighborhood HOA board "Nazis".

They investigated him for a "hate crime" after the ***** in charge of the HOA called the Sheriff.

I think it'd be great if we could drop her ass at 18 on a beach in the South Pacific while being shot at.

Anyway... Friday was a fun day.

e255f9f242f8205e19a8e859dbc1e2ff.jpg

beb8dac50cb81cf8756587b417e349d2.jpg

What sort of douchebag, ignorant POS, racist cracker would be carrying one around in the first place? Oh, never mind, I answered the question. I wouldn't call the cops on the douche but I would have a good laugh at the a-hole.

Stupid, self-centered, blind, and pathetic doesn't begin to describe your rant. Ignorant might approach it, though.

The saddest thing about your post is realizing that there are people so lost in the fog there make believe PC world, that they think that type of retort resembles adult discourse, instead of conformity at any cost, including your integrity and masculinity.

Last edited:

Wow- nice! What's your opinion of tiltovers vs Hazers? My dad had a 100' fixed piece of old steel broadcast tower that we put up with a ginpole...it was a pain to do any work on- it was 'grab the belts and head on up' if there was anything serious to do. It would hardly wiggle since it was so beefy. But it sure was nice to use- tribander with a rotatable 40m dipole and a 2m yagi, all on heliax. It had to come down when the property was sold. That, too, was a pain. I can't quite tell- What are you putting on top?

Nice! Maybe if you petition the right folks you can get some of these beauties installed for your neighbors to enjoy too!

Transmission-Lines1.jpg

He is not. And if he is an advocate for that pos rag thinking it represents something honorable then he is a total fool.

AS is always the case, anytime a progressive loses their temper, their inner fascist comes out to play.

So what ever happened to the guy that parked his plane in his driveway..??

So what ever happened to the guy that parked his plane in his driveway..??

Last I heard he was seen prancing around in tights, a Captain Underpants cap and yellow underwear with pink FC lettering and was waving around a confederate flag with an orange cockroach symbol on it. That's just the rumor I heard. I have not been able to substantiate it.

Last I heard he was seen prancing around in tights, a Captain Underpants cap and yellow underwear with pink FC lettering and was waving around a confederate flag with an orange cockroach symbol on it. That's just the rumor I heard. I have not been able to substantiate it.

So if I go out and act like an @ss while wearing a Cessna jacket, does that mean that all Cessnas are bad and everyone who likes them are also @sses? I'll do it tomorrow and post the video on YouTube if you never fly another Cessna, and disparage everyone you know, see or hear about who does.

If this sounds like a bad deal to you, replace "Cessna jacket" with "Confederate flag" and tell me why it is then a good idea. If possible, do so without expletives, insults or personal affront, and please use good grammar and spell check your post.

Hey don't shoot the messenger! I was just repeating a story I heard.

:eek:

This is why you live in a place where you can't see your neighbors. My next place will be that. Right now I have the white trash next to me that displays all of their $20 possessions in the front yard.

I am in the exact same situation ONE bad neighbor right next door in a otherwise decent neighborhood. This guy has a old windstar minivan on blocks. :no:

If you were any more pathetic, hopeless, and any less of an adult,... oh. As you were, you couldn't be.

Wow- nice! What's your opinion of tiltovers vs Hazers? My dad had a 100' fixed piece of old steel broadcast tower that we put up with a ginpole...it was a pain to do any work on- it was 'grab the belts and head on up' if there was anything serious to do. It would hardly wiggle since it was so beefy. But it sure was nice to use- tribander with a rotatable 40m dipole and a 2m yagi, all on heliax. It had to come down when the property was sold. That, too, was a pain. I can't quite tell- What are you putting on top?

Haven't ever owned or worked on a Hazer system but I suspect they have similar problems as the fold overs, mainly that guy wires get in the way of bringing things up and down. If they're free-standing that helps quite a bit, but free-standing needs to be really beefy and lots of concrete under them.

This one is a Rohn 45 fold-over that's 60' tall and winches over at 30'. The procedure to fold it is to climb to the 30' point and un-pin two bolts, then down to the bottom of that "backbone" hinge and un-pin that while tied off below it, then back to the ground and run the winch backward. It'll pretty much let itself down and you're just slowing its progress with the winch.

You also have to turn the antenna system "flat" with the rotor first so they don't dig into the ground. If the reason you're laying it over is a rotor problem, then you get to climb all the way up and release the mast from the rotor (it's in a thrust bearing) and spin it by hand to there and then lock it back down.

On the way down you stop when either the long HF yagi is about to hit the ground or a guy wire on that side, depending on yagi size.

So you're still going to have to climb sometimes. No getting completely away from that with any tower.

With the middle fold over you also have to pay attention to where the disconnected guys go when it's folding over. You have to work them so they stay on the proper side of the tower and he lower set of guys when it comes back up.

With proper weatherproofing and what not, the array rarely needs work. This was only the sixth time it has been folded over in 12 years in the same location.

As far as antennas go, the stack you see in the upside down photo is the stack that'll go back on it to start, unless I have a longer boom VHF yagi in the collection somewhere. Moseley with 40M add-on kit, the long M2 6m and UHF and I'm not sure what the 2m is (but another M2 would be nice!) and the long 1.2GHz yagi at the top.

Ham V rotor with the mod for "point and shoot" (the electronics run the rotor backward a degree to unbind the system and then release the brake, turn the rotor and then let it coast to a stop before reapplying the brake, unless you override them, saving a lot of wear and tear on the brake and torque on the whole system) handles the rotation duties.

The other "problem" with any fold over or Hazer system is the need for flexible cables that can bend with the tower. For us VHF+ nuts we'd rather run 7/8" hardline all the way to the top. I'll e replacing the tower cable after 12 years outdoors and I'm thinking that LMR super-flex *might* work but I have to check bend radius limits and see if I can loop some way that'll allow the tower to come over. Alternatively one could run the hardline to just below the 30' point on this tower and then have a connector box to tradition to something with more loss that's flexible halfway up. The previous owner made that transition at ground level in an electrical box bolted to the first section near the base. Definitely not going to be able to run waveguide up it for the higher bands.

Thinking that anything above 1.2G will be placed on the rooftop tower that's currently on the garage roof. Currently that holds a rotatable HF dipole and a log periodic for 6M-1.2GHz which is a poor excuse for a gain antenna no matter how you slice it, but it worked "well enough" to get by for a couple of years. Lightweight Yaesu rotor on that tower should be able to handle a BBQ grill dish for the microwaves or a pile of higher band horizontal yagis.

West is blocked by the ridge so working folks on the microwaves is pointing at the 14er peaks anyway, so uncoupling the VHF yagi for liaison work from the direction the microwave gear is pointing is pretty much a necessity to work the fixed microwave folks in the Front Range anyway. Even Pueblo works better with both ends bouncing off of Pikes Peak.

Can't say I'll be doing what another guy here did though. Worked every county in Colorado on 10GHz with a dish at both ends pointed at aircraft. Big turbofan engines make excellent RF reflectors (as our military folks already know) and you can even count the RPM of the blades on an oscilloscope at 10 GHz. Ha. He gave a presentation on it. Took him and a friend (who drove the rover van) years to get that all done. I'm not quite that motivated.

The missing antenna from both planned arrays is 222 MHz and that's a shame. It's such an excellent and quiet band. My furthest contact on 222 was via a tropo duct to near Orlando, FL. Besides FL, we've worked Texas and Oklahoma multiple times (even Texas on 432 MHz) and various surrounding States.

The best way to see if you got the antenna system and pre-amps right is to see if you can talk from here out to Larry N0LL out in Smith Center Kansas on all the VHF+ stuff. We get him as a fairly regular check in on the Rocky Mtn VHF+ Net.

The only other downside of those long boom yagis is you'll completely miss someone calling off to the side where they aren't pointed. I need to put up a pole with a few Big Wheel or similar horizontal gain onmi antennas just to hear the weak ones off to the side of the beams... eventually.

The former owner had a cross arm for hanging wire antennas off of the tower for 80 and 160 and got some impressive results off of those. He handed me the insulators and capacitors to shunt feed the tower and said he just never got around to it. 60' with a stack of beams acting as a capacitance top hat isn't ideal for 160, but it'd be interesting to see how well it plays as a vertical antenna.

Nice! Maybe if you petition the right folks you can get some of these beauties installed for your neighbors to enjoy too!

Transmission-Lines1.jpg

Those are a lot bigger than most antenna towers and are probably making it possible for you to post here, unless you're on a self-contained solar/generator system. If you're dead set against them, I'm sure we could arrange to have your service disconnected. It's sure to lower that continual whining noise coming from your keyboard.

All this talk of HOA's and such, I think it goes both ways. For a normal neighborhood where people live next door and across the street you can't let every hillbilly cracker do whatever he pleases. I started watching that True Detective HBO series and in the second or third episode they are looking for clues in this neighborhood and the front yard of this place is covered with half disassembled Hyundai's and piles of used tires. I mean you wouldn't want your neighbor to open a home based body shop would you?

All this talk of HOA's and such, I think it goes both ways. For a normal neighborhood where people live next door and across the street you can't let every hillbilly cracker do whatever he pleases. I started watching that True Detective HBO series and in the second or third episode they are looking for clues in this neighborhood and the front yard of this place is covered with half disassembled Hyundai's and piles of used tires. I mean you wouldn't want your neighbor to open a home based body shop would you?

Isn't zoning supposed to take care of that?

The town I grew up in decided to zone. Of course they took the business side of town and zoned it residential, and the residential side was zoned as business...:lol:

City ordinances handle that nicely. No need for HOA "badasses" who were bored with watching Judge Judy and decided they needed a cool clipboard with them on their daily walk.

Also makes the ordinance subordinate to Federal supercession for specific things deemed important enough to the country to override the doofuses on a city council or county boards.

And it makes sure that legal requirements for meeting notifications and transparent decision-making are generally followed.

It isn't perfect, but having real estate law forcing someone to accept a contract to be governed by their bored neighbors in a system with unknown and possibly detrimental by-laws, is beyond stupid. We already pay people to do that job. They're over at City Hall or the County Courthouse. Why not make them actually do it?

If you want it all to be private contracts, just remove the ordinances altogether and go for the full on free for all run by the five people in the neighborhood without jobs or management skills. Sounds spiffy.

(Most volunteer HOAs usually get worst and eventually break down structurally and end up hiring a management firm to manage the affairs of the neighborhood over time. Those firms never have anyone living in the neighborhood and have a profit motive to hand out more "violations" every year to look good on their annual report to the barely-alive Board.)

As much as politicians are lying sacks of excrement, they at least usually have a paid support structure we have all already paid for, to lean heavily on in matters of city planning. Building code inspectors, accountants, auditors, etc. and if the constituency doesn't like what they're doing they can simply replace them without a need for a quorum and/or defund them to the point that they can't do anything. Not so with a volunteer board of bored people who see themselves as the next best thing since sliced bread after they win a neighborhood "election".

(Most of us are busy with lots better things to do than choose approved paint colors for fences, and we'll only bother running if they completely screw it all up, severely beat them down in the process, fix the thing, and let someone else bored take over again after it's back on the rails. Or better yet, find a different bored individual easily impressed by an HOA title after their name and convince them they NEED to run because the neighborhood NEEDS them, and let their ego do the rest. Similar but a lot less controlled than the city council.)

Those are a lot bigger than most antenna towers and are probably making it possible for you to post here, unless you're on a self-contained solar/generator system. If you're dead set against them, I'm sure we could arrange to have your service disconnected. It's sure to lower that continual whining noise coming from your keyboard.

Sure we need electricity, oil refineries, sewage plants. I just choose to not live next to them.

In your case, your antenna is fine. I was just yanking your chain a little. Looking at the pictures there is a lot of space between the houses. If I were your neighbor I wouldn't have a problem either. We're not really comparing apples with apples though. In a neighborhood with houses close together you cannot have someone putting up an antenna like that. You surely realize that? If that antenna were in my neighbor's yard it would dominate my view and for sure would diminish my resale value. But then I live on a postage sized property. :lol: If I were a land baron like you with acres of space around, then of course it wouldn't matter. ;)

Just wondering how this thread became an HOA bashing thread. All kinds of right wing nut jobs came out (like cockroaches when the lights go off) and start whining about this.

Because most posters here are idiots that have reading comprehension issues. One person mentions HoA and everyone else assumes the guy with the plane in his driveway lives in an HoA. From there, just watch the snowball.

Because most posters here are idiots that have reading comprehension issues. One person mentions HoA and everyone else assumes the guy with the plane in his driveway lives in an HoA. From there, just watch the snowball.

Now that's funny. simply because he and the City are involved not any HOA.

HOAs, never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

I forget who said that.

Back