Man Parks Plane in Driveway

Oh the tyranny! Fleeing from the oppressive HOA's!!!!

:rolleyes:

My three examples are not unique. A simple google search:

5,500,000 RESULTS

Having a problem with your homeowner’s association?
starman.com/hoa/hoa_help.htm
HOA Network, a citizen's effort to protect the rights of homeowners in a homeowners association in Arizona, and in other states, with an HOA bill of Rights. Advice on ...
HOA Problems, Complaints - HomeAdvisor
www.homeadvisor.com › … › Ideas & Inspiration channel

[PDF]HOW TO HANDLE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR …
www.ag.ny.gov/.../pdfs/bureaus/real_estate_finance/HOA problems.pdf
1 The Real Estate Finance Bureau has published brochures for condo unit owners and co-op owners, both of which are available on request. HOW TO

HANDLE PROBLEMS WITH
How to Fight Your HOA (Homeowner Association) - 12 …
www.wikihow.com › … › Finance and Business › Legal Matters
Jul 29, 2015 · A Homeowners Association ... the actions of the HOA’s board and its interpretation and application of the HOA’s rules sometimes cause problems for …

If you like your HOA, good for you, keep your HOA. Some don't, but is that a problem for you if others don't care for HOAs? Maybe you should sponsor some mandatory HOA legislation?

If you like your HOA, good for you, keep your HOA. Some don't, but is that a problem for you if others don't care for HOAs?

No, not at all. I just laugh when people move into nice neighborhoods that have HOAs then complain, like moving next to an airport and then complaining about the planes.

Got to say, there are more pressing issues to me than the HOA :lol: Can't say I think too much about it.

No, not at all. I just laugh when people move into nice neighborhoods that have HOAs then complain, like moving next to an airport and then complaining about the planes.

Got to say, there are more pressing issues to me than the HOA :lol: Can't say I think too much about it.

In some of the nice neighborhoods I'm aware of, when there's a party the most noise you'll likely hear is MOOOOO!

When did American men become such pansies? I've never seen so many men take umbrage with anyone that dares to think for themselves. You'd think they all had their testicles removed in a mass feminist rally.

Complaint was prolly from his soon-to-be-ex wife. Frustrated, cooped up shrews(and one pilot) seem to be the driving force for most HOAs.

When did American men become such pansies? I've never seen so many men take umbrage with anyone that dares to think for themselves. You'd think they all had their testicles removed in a mass feminist rally.

:lol:

People who think for themselves are great as long as their free thinking doesn't impact me negatively.

I once had a neighbor who "thought for himself"and thought it would be nice to build a structure in his backyard right up against my fence. He thought for himself that it would great looking towards him and he would save some money by leaving the side facing me completely unfinished. Pipes, dangling cables, you name it. After all, his thinking for himself didn't involve what I would have to look at would it? I can't even describe how bad this structure was. I would never have been able to sell that place if I'd let that remain. It was right up against the fence with bits and pieces practically hanging over my pool. The only little problem is that luckily there was an HOA and it was put in place to protect the rest of us from people like that "thinking for themselves". The HOA once alerted made sure it came down. He did lots of other stuff that we had to take action against. Oh, the moaning and complaining that went on from this piece of human excrement was quite pitiful.

This guy is a bone head PITA type of guy. Likely not a lot of friends and you don't have to stretch the imagination as to why he's in a divorce. He moved his airplane to the driveway for one reason and one reason only- to **** off his neighbors.

The neighbors got his antenna cited, so now he's all "Oh yeah??! Well how do like these apples!!" on them. I guarantee that before he ever moved the plane, he researched all the county and town ordinances, discovered there was nothing that specifically prohibited airplanes and went ahead with this crack pot idea knowing full well there would be a fights in and out of court.

Unfortunately, the innocent victim of this idiot first world ****ing contest is the airplane. He has condemned it to the scrap heap. Likely it will never fly again. Of course it is well with in his rights to do so as the owner. As a side bonus, by doing so, he screws his ex out of some of the value by purposely down grading it and making it near impossible to sell.

This guy is a bone head PITA type of guy. Likely not a lot of friends and you don't have to stretch the imagination as to why he's in a divorce. He moved his airplane to the driveway for one reason and one reason only- to **** off his neighbors.

The neighbors got his antenna cited, so now he's all "Oh yeah??! Well how do like these apples!!" on them. I guarantee that before he ever moved the plane, he researched all the county and town ordinances, discovered there was nothing that specifically prohibited airplanes and went ahead with this crack pot idea knowing full well there would be a fights in and out of court.

Unfortunately, the innocent victim of this idiot first world ****ing contest is the airplane. He has condemned it to the scrap heap. Likely it will never fly again. Of course it is well with in his rights to do so as the owner. As a side bonus, by doing so, he screws his ex out of some of the value by purposely down grading it and making it near impossible to sell.
When you have proper city county building codes, all the HOA should have control over is property maintenance. but when the HOAs have the authority to tell you what color your house can be, that's just AFUed.

People who think for themselves are great as long as their free thinking doesn't impact me negatively.

I once had a neighbor who "thought for himself"and thought it would be nice to build a structure in his backyard right up against my fence. He thought for himself that it would great looking towards him and he would save some money by leaving the side facing me completely unfinished. Pipes, dangling cables, you name it. After all, his thinking for himself didn't involve what I would have to look at would it? I can't even describe how bad this structure was. I would never have been able to sell that place if I'd let that remain. It was right up against the fence with bits and pieces practically hanging over my pool. The only little problem is that luckily there was an HOA and it was put in place to protect the rest of us from people like that "thinking for themselves". The HOA once alerted made sure it came down. He did lots of other stuff that we had to take action against. Oh, the moaning and complaining that went on from this piece of human excrement was quite pitiful.

You must be one of "THOSE" neighbors. :D

A Pansie is a man who has no balls, and acts like a woman, which pretty much, describes the entire left.

This is why you live in a place where you can't see your neighbors. My next place will be that. Right now I have the white trash next to me that displays all of their $20 possessions in the front yard.

We've always been able to see our neighbors, but it's a long walk if you want to speak to them. My father always said to us, "If you want to be a good neighbor, leave them alone." You'll be amazed at how good a relationship you can have with your neighbors if you concentrate on minding your own business.

When you have proper city county building codes, all the HOA should have control over is property maintenance. but when the HOAs have the authority to tell you what color your house can be, that's just AFUed.

As was pointed out earlier in this thread, this issue has nothing to do with an HOA and all the talk about HOAs in this thread is all conjecture and I don't think has much to do with this actual case. Nowhere does it say in the articles that there even is an HOA in his neighborhood and if there where, he likely signed and agreed to their covenants when he moved in.

I can see both sides of the argument with regards to HOAs. They can be an annoying group of self important busy bodies trying to control the neighborhood, but on the other hand they do tend to keep the place tidy.

Our community here had an HOA when we moved in and we signed the papers and agreed to it covenants. A few years ago, the community voted to disband the HOA as they had become corrupt and over reaching. I think it was 63-37 in favor of disbanding. Now that it has gone, the neighborhood has gone down hill a bit in appearance. Most of us still carry on as before and keep things looking nice, but some have decided to let things go and there is lots more front yard storage going on.

I voted to disband because the HOA was headed down a path way beyond it's original intent and really bad decisions were being made. On the other hand, things have slipped a little and it's kind of sad to see. I'm pretty much a live and let live kind of guy, so I'm OK with it, but still there are houses in the neighborhood I say- "Man, I'm glad I don't live next to those guys!"

As others have stated, you are provided a copy of the HOA covenants before you ever buy the place. If you don't like them, buy elsewhere. The covenants were included in my closing documents.

That said, I don't know if this particular situation is a HOA fight or a fight over city/county ordinances, which may be less transparent unless you do research.

You must be one of "THOSE" neighbors. :D

I am absolutely one of THOSE neighbors. Our family built our house in a beautiful neighborhood where houses average $300K-$400K. Covenants/restrictions were a little restrictive, but I thought "better safe than sorry". Everything goes great for 20 years, then an old couple moves in, and after a while drops a huge walnut tree in their front lawn. He's a woodworker and figured he'd use it eventually, so he leaves this beast where it fell. Huge eyesore. So after a year some jerk (me) has the HOA have him get rid of it. Then a storm takes off the gate to his fence and one of the panels. I guess the HOA never thought of that, and this guy has left it like that for the last few years.

Some people are like children in that if it's not expressly prohibited they'll do it.

That said, I don't know if this particular situation is a HOA fight or a fight over city/county ordinances, which may be less transparent unless you do research.
It appears to be a town ordinance that says:

The parking or storage of boats, trailers, mobile homes motor homes or any other items not customarily accessory to a one- or two-family dwelling is hereby prohibited upon the front yard of the premises.​
(I was curious enough to take 5 minutes to see id I could find something.)

A Pansie is a man who has no balls, and acts like a woman, which pretty much, describes the entire left.

If the left are pansies how come they've been in control for the last seven years? What does that say about you? :lol:

;)

Speaking of pansies who act like woman here is a woman who would kick some sense into you for generalizing like that... (and I'd pay good money to watch that).

nyp162049740-415x415.jpg

:D

If the left are pansies how come they've been in control for the last seven years? What does that say about you? :lol:

;)

Speaking of pansies who act like woman here is a woman who would kick some sense into you for generalizing like that... (and I'd pay good money to watch that).

nyp162049740-415x415.jpg

I would take you up on that without any hesitation whatsoever.

Oh the horror!!! Having to ocasionally see someone else's stuff on their property? Did you sue for the mental anguish you must have suffered??

Oh the horror!!! Having to ocasionally see someone else's stuff on their property? Did you sue for the mental anguish you must have suffered??

Horror indeed! It wasn't occasionally seeing someone else stuff, it was IN MY FACE right up against the fence in plain sight from my pool. Ugly as sin.

And, no, there was no mental anguish... Just a call to the HOA and they took care of it.

But thank you for your concern.

Looks like Hal, K6DPZ is pretty serious about his amateur radio hobby. It appears that his soon-to-be ex-wife is also a licensed XYL, KC2FCK. It's quite a business too. I like the old Collins equipment he deals in- used to have a KWM2 myself.

http://www.landaircom.com

It appears he needs to deal with the radio tower issue more than the C152 being parked in the driveway. That's what he was cited for. And there's much legal opinion and precedent that would affect the township trying to hassle him about his tower. Looks like they have had their sights set on him for awhile and the Cessna added fuel to the fire- hope the township is ready to discuss it in Federal court- that's where a lot of these tower issues begin to go, then cooler heads sometimes prevail and the problem gets resolved. Doesn't make the nimbys happy, but it goes away in most cases, and the townships are happy it stops there when the are forced to look at the prior outcomes, I'm told. It gets expensive when they look at paying both sides' legal fees if they don't prevail.

Anyway, we had a similar deal here. An older pilot bought a new 182 many years ago, subsequently lost his medical a few years later, but thought when he got his medical issues behind him, he'd start flying the 182 again. So he pulled the wings and brought it home and in the barn it went. Many years later he passed away without ever regaining his medical. An acquaintance of mine, a TWA FO at the time, bought it from the widow fair and square, and put it back in the air. It was a 1964 model with 250 hrs- and this was 1992. Time capsule. Lesson? Hal, just sell the 150...

Horror indeed! It wasn't occasionally seeing someone else stuff, it was IN MY FACE right up against the fence in plain sight from my pool. Ugly as sin.

And, no, there was no mental anguish... Just a call to the HOA and they took care of it.

But thank you for your concern.

...and pansies have no sense of humor, as seen from this pile of excrement.

This is why you live in a place where you can't see your neighbors. My next place will be that. Right now I have the white trash next to me that displays all of their $20 possessions in the front yard.
:yes:

I'm sure you've heard the phrase, fences make good neighbors. It should be acreage makes for good neighbors.

I love having an HOA. I lived in a neighborhood that didn't have one and more and more people started piling junk in their yard. It's an interesting neighborhood, just wasn't for me. I sold it for a lot more money than I paid because the buyer didn't want an HOA. To each his own.

Now, with that being said, I love airplanes, but I love them at the airport. I wouldn't want my neighbor having one in the driveway... that's why I pay for me HOA.

I love having an HOA. I lived in a neighborhood that didn't have one and more and more people started piling junk in their yard. It's an interesting neighborhood, just wasn't for me. I sold it for a lot more money than I paid because the buyer didn't want an HOA. To each his own.

Now, with that being said, I love airplanes, but I love them at the airport. I wouldn't want my neighbor having one in the driveway... that's why I pay for me HOA.

This guy is just doing this to annoy as many people as possible. I bet you he starts doing run ups to "preserve the motor" next.

we have the same thing here. when they start enforcing rules, people get bent out of shape. the thing is, it only takes one nasty looking yard to goof up the way a street looks. I'll either stay in a place with an HOA or move to a place where I can't see my neighbor's house.

SPIN ZONE!

It's amazing how some here just can't help themselves, isn't it? It seems like for some, the entire focus of their lives is about partisan politics. Kinda sad. :rolleyes:

What'so also amazing is that right wing slams of the left outnumber the opposite by at least 5 to 1 here...and yet amazingly, they rarely if ever get called out. Maybe because that ratio reflects the ratio of right to left members here? :rofl:

And, you'll note that the post questioned by Norm and Dave was a retort to a right wing slam of the left that didn't seem to offend.

And back on topic...or at least to where this thread has currently been hijacked to...

I'm on the Kenai peninsula this week. They could definitely use some HoAs and restictive covenants up here. Some days I feel like I took a wrong turn and wound up in Northern Arkansas, and actually it's worse, more like Alabama, Miaaissippi and the Central Valley of California. Shanty towns for seasonal workers set up in various locales...including on some beaches. You'll be driving down a road that parallels the Kanai River and pass three or four really nice houses/cabins and then there will be a complete **** Shack right in the middle of them with every vehicle they've purchased over the last 40 years parked in their front yard filled with all the garbage they've created.

White trash is everywhere...and it's depressing...

Note: and this has nothing to do with being poor, you don't have to have money to have "pride of ownership." This is proven in a lot of areas, the example that comes to mind is Springfield, MO. There are a lot of trailers in the rural areas surrounding Springfield but the "trailer trash" is the exception and not the rule. Some areas of Pennsylvania I've been to are like this also along with much of Wisconsin.

You'll be driving down a road that parallels the Kanai River and pass three or four really nice houses/cabins and then there will be a complete **** Shack right in the middle of them with every vehicle they've purchased over the last 40 years parked in their front yard filled with all the garbage they've created.

Note: and this has nothing to do with being poor, you don't have to have money to have "pride of ownership."
More often than not, I find the "**** Shack" as you call it, was there long before other people decided to move to the area and change it to be just like where they came from. Usually the person that was living in said "**** Shack" was minding his own business, well away from others, living his life as he chose and didn't need "pride of ownership" to appease others.

In less than 25 years I've watched quaint little towns close to my former city get changed from poor country folk minding their own business to "bedroom communities" of HOA type nimbys. Towns changed from everyone accepting each others quirks to everyone peeking out their windows, waiting to tattle on their neighbor so they can feel superior.

My wife's parents live in a HOA. I hear Malvina Reynolds singing every time I visit. I couldn't imagine making the most expensive purchase of my life and having a committee tell me what I can or can't do with it.

People that take the time to worry about what their "white trash" neighbors are doing, should instead use that time to try to become better people.

It's amazing how some here just can't help themselves, isn't it? It seems like for some, the entire focus of their lives is about partisan politics. Kinda sad. :rolleyes:

Well, Cracker started it!

More often than not, I find the "**** Shack" as you call it, was there long before other people decided to move to the area and change it to be just like where they came from.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of that out there too but the ones I'm specifically referring to are platted subdivisions where lots were sold to all during the same timeframe. The worst, it seems (regardless of where you are), are "rural" lake developments. They tend to be more hodge podge than anything else.

More often than not, I find the "**** Shack" as you call it, was there long before other people decided to move to the area and change it to be just like where they came from.

No, not really. It doesn't work like that. You cannot be forced to join an HOA if you're already there.

What'so also amazing is that right wing slams of the left outnumber the opposite by at least 5 to 1 here...and yet amazingly, they rarely if ever get called out. Maybe because that ratio reflects the ratio of right to left members here? :rofl:

And, you'll note that the post questioned by Norm and Dave was a retort to a right wing slam of the left that didn't seem to offend.

And back on topic...or at least to where this thread has currently been hijacked to...

I'm on the Kenai peninsula this week. They could definitely use some HoAs and restictive covenants up here. Some days I feel like I took a wrong turn and wound up in Northern Arkansas, and actually it's worse, more like Alabama, Miaaissippi and the Central Valley of California. Shanty towns for seasonal workers set up in various locales...including on some beaches. You'll be driving down a road that parallels the Kanai River and pass three or four really nice houses/cabins and then there will be a complete **** Shack right in the middle of them with every vehicle they've purchased over the last 40 years parked in their front yard filled with all the garbage they've created.

Note: and this has nothing to do with being poor, you don't have to have money to have "pride of ownership." This is proven in a lot of areas, the example that comes to mind is Springfield, MO. There are a lot of trailers in the rural areas surrounding Springfield but the "trailer trash" is the exception and not the rule. Some areas of Pennsylvania I've been to are like this also along with much of Wisconsin.

People don't tend to move to Alaska to join an HOA. I lived in one of those "**** Shacks" for 6 or so months.

Back