Great Lakes Meet Up

The manager and I will talk the week before and publish a fuel price.

Yep, all cool. For me the only difference is whether I come down with full tanks, or buy fuel down there.

Cool deal that we can get a fuel discount. My club likes us to fill up off of Ohio State Univ airport so might have to take advantage if the 182 is not topped off already when I get it.

David

Tim,

This gathering was posted to the Ohio Pilots Facebook group so I counter-posted requesting that people not on POA some how get word to you that they are coming, if that happens and to possibly bring food also. I just don't want to see people show up you aren't expecting.

David

There are some POA people on the Ohio Pilots FB page. I do not have a FB account. Any numbers you can track for me would be helpful.

Ill take care of it for you Tim. There has been a couple of people join in. They are also asking for suggestions of things you need and want them to bring. Mostly Moraine people.

Figured you had it covered. I have a list we can look over as we get closer to the date.

Friend of mine is probably going to fly in as well from madison county. I assume it will be him and a passenger. He is willing to bring food or whatever as am i just need ideas.

I am already getting hungry for another one of those tasty burgers!

Steingar better bring some Origami supplies. Nate has been practicing. He is into magic tricks too.

Are you referring to the burgers Grant and Leslie brought? Didn't they have Fetta cheese in them? Unfortunately they will not be there, but if anyone wants to mix some up I will throw them on the grille

Steingar will bring Origami, and we'll try and bring something yummy, along with something grillable for us to consume.

Would stick on name tags be okay with everyone? Sounds like we will have a few more than last year. I will try to pick some up before then.

Would stick on name tags be okay with everyone? Sounds like we will have a few more than last year. I will try to pick some up before then.

That sounds like an excellent idea.

I'm REALLY not happy to be missing this!

Sounds like a good idea Wayne, go for it.

Are you in the reserves or guard Chris?

Are you referring to the burgers Grant and Leslie brought? Didn't they have Fetta cheese in them? Unfortunately they will not be there, but if anyone wants to mix some up I will throw them on the grille
Well, we'll see! LOL

Ok, time to start thinking side dishes.

I plan to have locals (those with no flying expense to get to I73) get the burgers, dogs, buns, and condiments for such, as well as drinks.

I know it can be challenging bringing perishables on an airplane, but here goes.

Would be nice to have:

Potato Salad, Rons Tater Salad was nice last year Ed!!
Baked Beans to keep everyone awake on the way home
Cole Slaw
Chips and Dip
Desserts
Justin, didn't your significant other make Airplane Cookies last year?
Anything you feel a cookout should have.

I am thinking about an award for the ones that flew the longest need some suggestions sent via PM.

I brought the cornhole last year but no one played. Let me know if I should bring it again.

Keep your fingers, legs, feet, and arms crossed for good weather.

I brought tater salad last year? I don't even remember that. I just got it from Sam's I think.

If there was an oven on site I could use for 20 minutes, I have something even tastier to bring this year.

There might be an oven in the party room. I will ask and get back with you?

I'll bring my homemade chocolate/mocha ice cream...if I can find dry ice in this area, I haven't tried to find it since moving here.

We're not going to commit to bring anything until we know whether we'll be there. If we come, we'll bring something.

You guys with your "normie" 9-5 Monday-Friday schedules are killing me. Have the cookout on a Friday and I'm so there. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys with your "normie" 9-5 Monday-Friday schedules are killing me. Have the cookout on a Friday and I'm so there. :)

I'm totally scheduling the Mark only event...

Hey, I'll be there with him!

Hey Mark, just let me know if you ever meet up for breakfast or lunch somewhere during the week. I'm in.

Hey, I'll be there with him!

Hey Mark, just let me know if you ever meet up for breakfast or lunch somewhere during the week. I'm in.

I think I'll take you and Chris up on that. I'm off Thursday Friday this year. It's great for golfing, I can walk 18 and have the course to myself to hack the ball all over the course. Running errands is great too, the only people out during those times are the housewives and other shift workers.

I don't quite know how the schedule bid will pan out next year though. Maybe I'll get lucky and get those elusive "weekends off." Haha!

There's a golf course right next to the airport at Champaign. Hard to play golf without drinking beer though! :)

Last edited:
There' said golf course right next to the airport at Champaign. Hard to play golf without drinking beer though! :)

Yeah, that's the shame of flying out to CMI, having to be sober. It'd be worth the sacrifice.

Back