Great Lakes Meet Up

Well for the third time they are supposed to work on my hangar doors today. I will stop by and see if they accomplished anything. They were talking grinders and cutting wheels in my last communication with them. Hopefully those tools are going to be used to work on the doors and not to make the Arrow small enough to pull through half a door opening.

On the upside your Arrow, would be UNIQUE. On the downside, she might not fly so well. :eek:

David

Last edited:
So, is the date for this still holding firm or sliding due to weather maybe? Just checking.

David

Good grief, I hope April 26th will be warm. Way to early to even speculate though. I did get the doors open a couple days ago, but not easily. If they don't get on the stick I may be looking for another airport to house the Arrow

Good grief, I hope April 26th will be warm. Way to early to even speculate though. I did get the doors open a couple days ago, but not easily. If they don't get on the stick I may be looking for another airport to house the Arrow

Wow Tim! I sure hope you get a rent refund. That is ridiculous.

David

Hmm... we could make this a 'July Ski-Plane Fly-In and Ice-Fishing Event'!? :D :yes: :rolleyes2: :eek:

Wow Tim! I sure hope you get a rent refund. That is ridiculous.

David

I have already asked for at least a month's rent refund, but have had no response. Before this week I couldn't even get the airplane out of the hangar so moving it wasn't much of a threat. Now that I can with effort get the doors to move I am looking and told them so. Problem is that the AP is so convenient for me I would much rather stay there.

The AP manager is on vacation this week so I doubt he has read my last email. I will see what next week brings.

I need to check my lease agreement to see what can and cannot be done.

Just leave a big steamer on his desk.

Actually I think I will redesign the way the doors work and submit it to the AP manager. Offer to let him try it on my hangar. In return for fixing my hangar I will not charge a design fee for the corrective action for all the other hangars.

If he declines then I might leave a steamer. Better yet I will have Ed come down and leave a Michigan Steamer on his desk. :yes:

Actually I think I will redesign the way the doors work and submit it to the AP manager. Offer to let him try it on my hangar. In return for fixing my hangar I will not charge a design fee for the corrective action for all the other hangars.

If he declines then I might leave a steamer. Better yet I will have Ed come down and leave a Michigan Steamer on his desk. :yes:

Better than the ones we have up in Cleveland.

About a month away. Looking promising weather wise at least! :) No snow in my backyard anymore...of course now I jinxed it!

Thats ok I jinx things all the time. Just ask Ed.

I am also hoping for good weather for the 26th of April.

There is a chance we might hold it at I73 (Moraine Air Park) this year. Another POAer (FlyingMoose) has offered to let us use his hangar at Moraine. This is just a bit closer to the USAF Museum than KMGY, for any that want to make that trip. Moose (Matt) was our primary cook at last years event. They have access to a huge grille, and there is more room in his hangar. Also a couple interesting aircraft in the hangar to drool over.

Now is the time to let me know who has this on their calendar so I can start planning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'd like to think we'd be able to make it. :) Difficult to plan quite that far ahead...

Hmmm. I'm gonna be heading out there with my flying club the following Friday and Saturday...

I'm anticipating being (more) broke and tired from a trip earlier in the week. If I still have any gas money left, I'm a solid maybe.

Plane reserved for the April 26th. I plan to make it and this will be first ever "fly-in" of any kind. :) Finally a use for my certificates! LOL

David

I won't (yet) be broke but that weekend comes just before the final exam in my lecture section (Monday the 28th). I'd like to make it though if I can. It all depends on whether I can get all my group projects over and done with in time to actually have the final made up by then. Consider me another solid maybe. :/

Solid maybes are a good start, and David, looking forward to meeting you.

I plan on being there. Lots of things can happen 'twixt now and then though...including my annual...

I may or may not be at MGY that weekend for another commitment. If I am not, I will endeavor to attend!

Win a bunch for me..

OK all, consider this thread bumped!!!!

Lost of PM's sent to figure out who is in and who is out.

Anyone is welcome.

Still hoping to attend. Weather is at least getting warmer. Ultimately the decision will be that day. Working on my IR. May be IR by then but may not. Husband is IR but that's not much fun to be a passenger in wx like that....

You didn't PM me, but FWIW I'm still in the maybe camp. Adding to everything, I have a job interview the day before (Friday). Not really sure how I'm going to feel after that's over.

Assuming I'm not too depressed to fly, and assuming I have my work stuff in order by then, I'm still hoping to come though.

You didn't PM me, but FWIW I'm still in the maybe camp. Adding to everything, I have a job interview the day before (Friday). Not really sure how I'm going to feel after that's over.

Assuming I'm not too depressed to fly, and assuming I have my work stuff in order by then, I'm still hoping to come though.

Omg good luck!

Sadly, my wife and I will be on vacation until this weekend. :sad:

We will plan on eating around 1300 LCL. I would figure people will start showing up around noon.

I'll be wearing a Dayton Flyers jersey.

Back