Great Lakes Meet Up

tmyers

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tim Myers
Great Lakes Meet Up, May 2015, KMGY

I will again host any that want to come for a BBQ at my Hangar in April. I am based at Dayton Wright Brothers Airport KMGY.

Last year I enlisted the help of some locals to provide transportation to anyone that wanted to go to the AF Museum, and return them back to the Airport (thanks Rick). We will work to provide that again this year.

Since I do not have the expense of flying somewhere I will provide the meat, drinks, buns and condiments. Anything you wish to bring is fine as well. We will discus that more as it gets closer.

For now I am leaving the date open because it is out there, but have discussed the 26th with my wife as she is pretty integral to making this happen.

Also hoping my cook is available again this year, as that was a great help.

Last year we had 9 aircraft and 25 people attend.

This is a very casual event and most just sat around and enjoyed talking to each other.

Overnight lodging is available very close to the airport.

Last edited:
I will again host any that want to come for a BBQ at my Hangar in April. I am based at Dayton Wright Brothers Airport KMGY.

Last year I enlisted the help of some locals to provide transportation to anyone that wanted to go to the AF Museum, and return them back to the Airport (thanks Rick). We will work to provide that again this year.

Since I do not have the expense of flying somewhere I will provide the meat, drinks, buns and condiments. Anything you wish to bring is fine as well. We will discus that more as it gets closer.

For now I am leaving the date open because it is out there, but have discussed the 26th with my wife as she is pretty integral to making this happen.

Also hoping my cook is available again this year, as that was a great help.

Last year we had 9 aircraft and 25 people attend.

This is a very casual event and most just sat around and enjoyed talking to each other.

Overnight lodging is available very close to the airport.

Which month?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My pleasure.

Forgot to mention that KMGY is where the Wright flyer is kept. They also have a small museum there that I think is still free.

Watching, also. Would like to be there if the schedule has me in the country.

Thanks!

Would like to come from Columbus also. Sounds like a good time.

David

Penciled in on the calendar. Hope to be able to make it!!!

Yah, will keep this in mind. We had a blast last time, even if we were the only ones to make the AF museum.

I'll be there if at all possible...might have to take a side excursion up to Waco Field again, that place was cool beans!

Tim, do you go to Marty's BBQ outings up at AXV? Not sure if I've met you before or not, but would like to come out as well.

Haven't heard of Marty's BBQ, let me know the next time one is happening I will try to make it. Look forward to meeting you.

If you don't want us there we can blow it off. Not flying is pretty easy.

You know it's always good to catch up.

But, too many Buckeyes in one place and couches are bound to be set on fire!

No problem I keep fire extinguisher at the hangar

Last edited:
My family will probably be coming again this year. We enjoyed the food and conversation.

Keeping an eye on this thread. I would be able to make it.

I'll shoot for it, hopefully won't have anything going on this time like 2013's...

Should be back from winter in Steamboat Springs by 13 April.

Cheers

Expect I'll be there again, I'll drive so I can help with rides anywhere needed.

I moved from Michigan to Ohio in 2004. I went to both Michigan Tech and UMich, and currently spend a ton of time in Columbus where everything is painted red. I will make fun of every single one of you! =D

I moved from Michigan to Ohio in 2004. I went to both Michigan Tech and UMich, and currently spend a ton of time in Columbus where everything is painted red. I will make fun of every single one of you! =D

Not if I make an appearance! (Which is admittedly unlikely because that's right in the middle of finals week.) Go blue!

But I will make fun of all of you. And it would give me great pleasure to use Buckeye napkins to wipe any gross gunk off my mouth. Maybe I'd even take a few to use in the bathroom.

But I will make fun of all of you. And it would give me great pleasure to use Buckeye napkins to wipe any gross gunk off my mouth. Maybe I'd even take a few to use in the bathroom.

I know where I can get rolls of U Mich toilet paper right here in Columbus. Will get you all a few rolls. :)

David

well as it turned out neither the red of the blue did that good this year so we will keep it low key so as to not burn any couches!!!

We'll keep this penciled in. We had a great time last year. In fact, it was one of our last flights!

Buckeye napkins and toilet paper from those "others" up North?

This thread just keeps getting better!

Never date a wolverines fan. Not even if she shaves her mustache.

well as it turned out neither the red of the blue did that good this year so we will keep it low key so as to not burn any couches!!!

Huh? Buckeyes had another undefeated regular season! We just gave up the Big10 game and the bowl game. The "others" however...well, no reason to pour salt, I guess.

Huh? Buckeyes had another undefeated regular season! We just gave up the Big10 game and the bowl game. The "others" however...well, no reason to pour salt, I guess.
Seems to me that Green and White team did "pretty well"... depending on one's affiliations, that salt might just roll off...

Spartans are a different team altogether. Bummer we lost that one, but hey...it happens to everyone now and then. They played a better game, and they deserved the win. Buckeyes had so many screw ups that game it was frustrating to watch.

Now as far as those "others"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD29UmTyzmk

Hold on folks. There is a football thread. Let's not loose focus on this one.

Back