Great Lakes Meet Up

Good to hear Ed, I will have the UK Jersey

You flying the Comanche down?

Do we need to bring anything and I want to confirm April 26th and the location?

And will there be Valet aircraft parking service ,red carpet and a canopy to taxi under? :D

David

Yes for the 26th, For now it will be at I73 (Moraine Sky Park)
We will eat around 1300 LCL some will arrive early for hangar talk and general BS.

Basically you just park on the blacktop or in the grass. I could Marshal you in but you will have to take my abuse on the radio while doing so. Actually we will probably have someone there to help with parking for the throngs if aircraft that may arrive.

I could set up a canopy but it could be hard on your prop!!!

Hmmmmm I think we have some used red shop rags in the hangar we could use.

As for bringing stuff, sure. Just let me know what you intend to bring so I don't go buy it as well. Since I save the cost of flying somewhere I just use that $$ to get the meat, buns and stuff that is needed. Last year some people brought cookies, chips, dip (no I am not referring to Ed), or personal preference foods.

It isn't too early to start letting me know aircraft type, Tail Number and souls on board so I know how much stuff to get.

Thanks all!!!

Last edited:
Weather permitting, I'll be there (consider yourself forewarned).

I could Marshal you in but you will have to take my abuse on the radio while doing so. Actually we will probably have someone there to help with parking for the throngs if aircraft that may arrive.

I could set up a canopy but it could be hard on your prop!!!

Thanks all!!!

You could pull an FAA and charge an absurdly large fee like they did at Oshkosh.
:lol:

I just returned from my annual 12 weeks skiing in Steamboat Springs so i can help set up etc.

Cheers

With great sadness, I regret that I will be missing this one. I will wave from weekending in Mansfield!

Looks like I will not be able to attend as well, at least not by air. We are leaving for Disney that Sunday, but are staying in Cincinnati that Saturday. I might be able to drive over if we get there early enough.

Rick, no problem, we probably won't do the Wright Pat shuttle this year. I will take you up on helping with set up though. We are at this point having it at Moraine and I have a lot of hangar to clean out.

Tree and Chris, hate that you can't make it. Chris, anytime you want to bring your co-pilot down to the museum, let me know. I will try to get you there.

Dr Bruce has replied that he has the trip on his calendar and plans to attend.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A definite maybe. Way too many things up in the air...not sure what country I will be in.

And love the tags. Makes it sound like a lot of jets will be on display.

Forgot to post:

Cessna 182/Red
N116HR
only me on board.
Will figure out what to bring soon.

David

The thread has tags at the bottom - "lot of whining"

Is there anything I can do to help ? I won't be able to attend but can do what I can to help if anything?

Is there anything I can do to help ? I won't be able to attend but can do what I can to help if anything?

Not sure what that would be. I am going to be cleaning on the hangar a little at a time as there is always some wrenching going on there, with a real push to clean the day of. Not sure that would fit with your schedule.

Not sure what that would be. I am going to be cleaning on the hangar a little at a time as there is always some wrenching going on there, with a real push to clean the day of. Not sure that would fit with your schedule.

I will miss the cookout, but may be able to drive over and at least help with cleanup or something.

Sorry, but it's unlikely we'll be current by then. Hope you all have a great time!

Going to try to make it. Have to try to get some flying in the next couple weeks as havent flown in a couple months.

Sounds good looking forward to it. How manat will there be this year?

We are at 17 aircraft and just north of 30 people attending. Three weeks to go keep your fingers crossed for good flying weather.

We are at 17 aircraft and just north of 30 people attending. Three weeks to go keep your fingers crossed for good flying weather.

Should be a really nice get together.

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spoke to the airport manager today. He is going to offer special fuel pricing to any of our POA people that come. I will announce the rate sometime he week before the fly in

Spoke to the airport manager today. He is going to offer special fuel pricing to any of our POA people that come. I will announce the rate sometime he week before the fly in

Presently 4/8/14, $5.79 at I73 and $5.90 at MGY according to FF.

Are we having it at I73? I would prefer to fuel up at the bbq.

Yes i73. Manager is talking a .10 discount over the cheapest in the area.

He didn't define. Just said he would try to make sure it was enticing.

57D is something like $5.02 with the fuel club card. Can he beat (or equal) that?

Back