Great Lakes Meet Up

Yep my wife made the airplane cookies last time. I mentioned it to her so ill see if i can get her to make them for this get together.

Sunny, dry and 59F with high pressure in place Saturday. See ya there.

26th is what I heard, but I'm good for this weekend too.

Oh darn, I wrote it down wrong on my white board. I was getting all excited with the beautiful Sat wx. Well, let's hope this goes for the Sat after this coming one.

My lovely bride will be working this Saturday which is why it is set for next Saturday. I will need her help, If some of you all want to head to I73 this Sat there is a Waffle house close by I can drive you to.

Ok, cram week coming up. Need to know who is planning to come (weather dependent) and who isn't. I will be talking to the Airport manager about fuel prices this week and will post. I will be sending a goggle earth picture of the field with my markings on it, so you know where to park. It isn't a huge place so we will not be hard to find. There is limited parking on blacktop so most of you will be parking on the grass which is very solid right now. I flew the Arrow up and tested it out tonight. Also I have noted the levees that encircle three sises of the field. They are no big deal but I wanted to point them out. Don't drag it in on final.

Comanche, might be one, might be three.

We would love to come, but are on a commercial flight back from Europe at that day...:(:sad: We hopefully make it to the next fly in.

Have fun!
Martina

I'm planning on it, god willing and the creek don't rise.
Will be bringing a (vegetarian) friend who's a student pilot. We'll have food to share ... A surprise!

I'm out :(

I got a call from a buddy last night who has an emergency down on the gulf (of a property sort...not family or health). I offered to take him down. We're leaving Wednesday, coming back Friday or Saturday.

Bummer...I'd been looking so forward to it.

But...at least it's crawfish season!

Last edited:
Can't. If it's the week after, though. . . .

Still planning on making it with just me. The airplane is on a 6-day trip right now and returns on Friday with rain in forecast. Last time someone did that the plane got stuck somewhere else and I lost my reservation. So, we'll see. Hope for no mechanical problems to.

So I plan to be there, the plane may not. lol

David

PPC brings up a good point about the week after. I have not set a rain date if the weather does not cooperate. It cannot be the week after as that is another fly-in at Moraine. Lots and Lots of airplanes there. I should talk to J and see what her schedule is and come up with something. Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed for this Saturday.

I'm planning on it, though if things go REALLY bad in my interview on Friday I may not feel up to it.

If I come it will be in the Branded Bird, and probably just me (but I'm planning to ask a pilot friend who hasn't flown in years).

I'm planning on it, though if things go REALLY bad in my interview on Friday I may not feel up to it.

If I come it will be in the Branded Bird, and probably just me (but I'm planning to ask a pilot friend who hasn't flown in years).

Good luck on your interview!

David

Good luck with the interview!

Are you asking Jeanne? Haven't seen her since Melissa's send-off.

Thanks guys! I'm trying not to get too nervous about it... :eek:
Good luck with the interview!

Are you asking Jeanne? Haven't seen her since Melissa's send-off.
I didn't know you knew her, but if you mean Missa, I'll bet it's the same Jean. Tall, well-spoken and used to own a Cardinal RG. ;)

Tim, what time would you like me to come down to help set-up?

Cheers

About as well as I knew Missa, probably! (I only met her once, but Jean talked about her send-off.)

Planning on bringing the Free Bird and two other souls. We'll bring some sort of vegetarian grillable thingie and of course something to share.

OK, for those locals that have offered to help. I plan to be at the field around 8AM to blow out the hangar and start setting things up, such as tables and chairs. Any help you can lend would be appreciated. I will be out there Friday night as well and might get some of it taken care of then, so check with POA for any late posts by me.

No one has told me when they will start arriving so that would be good information to have. Last year aircraft started showing up around 1100 LCL, and we started grilling around 1230 or 1300.

I am in need of some side dishes such as Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, baked beans, Desserts and treats.

I will have burgers, cheese, condiments, paperware and utensils, drinks, both diet, regular and water. X3 Skier is bringing dogs, brats, and buns.

Getting excited.

I can arrive with potato salad again.

Weather is looking good for Saturday.

We will bring a veggie tray.

Will be down between 0900 and 1000 with the dogs, brats and buns.

Cheers

What airport are we having this? I thought someone moved it to Moraine but the title says KMGY

Be nice to have the location clarified up front and in the title. I thought it was KMGY based on the OP, but Wayne's post prompted me to wade into the middle of the thread and for all I know may not have been the definitive post

I hadn't noticed the title change, but yeah, what everyone said. I mentioned I73 to Jean and have been assuming that, but it is confusing.

Not sure what to bring food-wise. With the longer flight I don't want to try bringing anything perishable. Maybe some cookies...

I hadn't noticed the title change, but yeah, what everyone said. I mentioned I73 to Jean and have been assuming that, but it is confusing.

Not sure what to bring food-wise. With the longer flight I don't want to try bringing anything perishable. Maybe some cookies...

Why not? Ed is bringing ptomaine salad.

I'm still questionable for attending. Hoping to get my flight instructor to agree to do a IR training flight but if he's busy and the weather is good I may make the trip down there. Hope that is okay. I should know by Friday.

Kate, Come on down with or without instructor.

I changed the title to indicate I73 which is where the event will be held this year. I didn't even think about the title being wrong, but it is fixed.

Things are shaping up for a great event.

Liz, if your looking for suggestions, bring some extra chips and non refrigerated dip. If not just bring your lovely self and the Branded Bird.

I am reminded of Ranger Brad and that Safety is First. Some know what I am talking about and some don't.

I have attached a google earth picture of the airport.

This is an easy place to get into just under the outer ring of the KDAY Class C. DAY is easy to get through via the Columbus Approach people.

Moraine Airpark is located in a bend of the Great Miami River and has flood levees on three sides. Your final approach is over this levee in both directions 8/26.

It is pretty much a non issue, but there have been a couple people over the years that have deposited their gear on that levee, so I wanted to make you aware. Please note and mind the displaced thresholds and you will have no issues.

Parking will be in the grass and it is very firm based on my parking there in the Arrow this past weekend. If you have prop clearance concerns let me know ahead of time and I will try to secure a safer place to park your aircraft.

If you have any questions please contact me either here or via PM.

Attachments

• I73.pdf
    109.5 KB · Views: 19
Tim,

I have decided not to fly out from Columbus. I can't justify the extreme rental fee on my income level.

However, I might come out any way. I will get back to you on that. Put me back down as a maybe.

David

Back