Gaston's Fly In 2015 - October 8-11th

Yeah... Watching the -RA fall and listening to the local quiet.

Well shoot. I'm a scratch. Too many sub 1000 foot ceilings between here and there. Poop.

rain stopped, vfr now. Don't give up yet!
And it certainly was not enough to cause concern with the runway.

You weren't there the year several of us got stuck there for a couple extra days due to a muddy runway with standing water...

Oh...I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just saying that it ain't gonna today/this weekend. The dirt was extremely dry yesterday. We still haven't gotten much rain...1/4" at the most and the storms are already south of us. I just walked the runway and it hasn't even noticed yet...in fact, the dirt is still dry under the trees...even the smallest ones and bushes too.

I come home and Mrs 6PC has a batch of penis shaped cookies complete with chocolate sprinkles on the nutz.

This was much more challenging than I had anticipated. . . .

And somehow, Mini6PC is a normal kid.... Go figure.

There are normal cookies too, which the kids helped me with. I waited till they went to bed before I worked on the more "creative" ones. :redface:

Have fun, everyone!!!!

Russellvile, AR (KRUE) is at $4.55 FS and $4.15 SS. Its sort of on the way to Gastons from SE Texas. It is also good place to wait out the weather.

KRUE 091753Z AUTO VRB06KT 7SM -RA SCT042 BKN049 OVC080 23/19

Last edited:
We set down in chandler ok, (KQB) looks like everything east is overcast. We will wait it out for for awhile. Only problem is 6PC won't get out of his plane until someone lays out the red carpet.:rofl:

We set down in chandler ok, (KQB) looks like everything east is overcast. We will wait it out for for awhile. Only problem is 6PC won't get out of his plane until someone lays out the red carpet.:rofl:

Good call! We just got Spike's sun shade erected, and then it started raining again. Finally looking "lighter" (brighter) to the north, though still overcast.

Squeeze out a wet one....he will bail out the door. Or just put your arm around him and start blowing in his ear. Wait,... Naw, that won't work. he likes that.

Finished my first phone briefing, and that cold front slowed down more than originally forecast. All of the ceilings on METARS are below forecast on the TAFs. So...unless things don't start burning off and ceilings raising, looks like we will likely be departing Saturday morning instead.

We're planning to launch in about 90 minutes. We'll be low and will determine around St. Louis whether we continue on or wait. I don't like being so lows because I typically can't get flight advisories, but at least visibility under the clouds looks pretty good. We'll even have a tailwind!

WHat time is dinner on Sat? I may make it! Our plans totally got flushed so now I will be there most of Sat.

Just landed KBPK. What are chances for a ride?

Lance and Sue!

c6fdce788ae73eda7591f91a08a4db7b.jpg

PS - my handheld is into. Won't hear radio calls.

I've been released for my checkride in the morning. If all goes well I'll be arriving in XNA at 245/3pm and Gastons shortly after.

If Bryan can still get me that will be great. I'll shoot a text and post here when my butt is in the seat to XNA.

If Yall need anything just shoot me text and I'll see if I can grab it on the drive down from Mountain Home. I'm happy to buy stuff for dinner to contribute. :yes:

Getting a later start than we expected. About to launch, but we may be arriving after dark. We may need a Mountain Home pickup.

Jesse's en route, should be at Mountain Home around 5:40.

Tim and Susan arrived in formation with Bryan and Ken Jr.

Proof that SixPapaCharlie is here:

b75ed5ee82571adf7cf2b26062be0a92.jpg

Thank you Mrs. 6PC!

It's missing all the little red bumps......can't be Bryan.

Back