Gaston's Fly In 2015 - October 8-11th

Gastons... Proving once again that they are far more accepting and open minded than the average Arkansan. They even welcome bi-trout!

Attachments

• IMG_20151009_101215317.jpg
    IMG_20151009_101215317.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 85
Dinner and company so good! Those of you not here need to plan to attend next year's!!

Best in a while for sure. Some of the older alums speak of a year where there we 50 aircraft here and many were parked on both sides of runway

One request for folks there...

Our 3-year-old son (Robert) has been feeling a bit sad lately because his baby sisters (twin girls, 10 months) always get the "Ooohhh!! Babies! Twins!!!" reaction when people walk up, and he gets ignored.

He'd sure appreciate it (as would Laurie and I) if folks said hi to him first, and especially showed him their airplanes. He loves airplanes!

Thirty some people at dinner. Standing room only!

2680dd775eb8c5048ac9c010eb32d7c6.jpg

"Gives birth to a pulatipus, unlubricated, unspecified." - Gaston's 2015 ICD10 Conference, Cabin 6, 11:53pm

This was the longest low-level flight I've had. About 3 hours, and 90% of it was at 2500', and we never went above 3200', all under an overcast. And we landed "shortly" after sunset to top it off. That said, it was actually a great flight. We were pretty much direct the entire flight, had flight advisories for a large portion, and weren't being bounced around. And we had a ride waiting for us at the end, even though it wasn't our original destination!

Off to take my checkride!, hopefully I'll be seeing most of you by late this afternoon!

This was the longest low-level flight I've had. About 3 hours, and 90% of it was at 2500', and we never went above 3200', all under an overcast. And we landed "shortly" after sunset to top it off. That said, it was actually a great flight. We were pretty much direct the entire flight, had flight advisories for a large portion, and weren't being bounced around. And we had a ride waiting for us at the end, even though it wasn't our original destination!

Scud running ain't so bad. :cheers:

Geico is T minus 30 mins for main engine start, and 40 mins from lift off. I'm bringing chips, salsa, summer sausage, and Captain Morgan.

Should be landing in time for lunch. Really looking forward to it.:happydance::rollercoaster::cheers:

Last edited:

Ditto all that, but 12 ikts on the tail was quite nice. :D Finding a spot with ropes to tie down was a little hard but that is why my pilot bag has only one landing calculator and three flashlights. We should be at Gaston's around noon.

Just dusted off the wife and will be heading to the hangar in 30. Hope to be wheel s up 830-845 for a 930ish arrival. Look for the fastest Archer on the planet inspecting the runway for bumps prior to landing.

This giant scale RC plane followed me all the way to Gaston

attachment.php

Attachments

• tecprobtb4.jpg
    tecprobtb4.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 160
Oh good, for a second I thought you flew WITH Tim. I want to see that parachute! :yes:

That's a great pic. Mine didn't turn out as nice

I shrunk pretty good.
I will email you the originals.

I also got a really great video on my iPad I will bring it down to the flight line this morning

Just dusted off the wife and will be heading to the hangar in 30. Hope to be wheel s up 830-845 for a 930ish arrival. Look for the fastest Archer on the planet inspecting the runway for bumps prior to landing.

Jeff B arrived! Gorgeous morning!

16eed8ac9bd810940054c2bb2fc49f5a.jpg

Ted and Laurie and Brandon and Robert and Genevieve and Beatrice!!

c51f0c44dfec5d6cf8485e9f6f12b7c1.jpg

And the airplanes are now starting to park along the runway tree line! Short Wing Piper meeting here today, too!

5c5c901917eabb43dfd85a3942f2a1dc.jpg

Nice.....

Attachments

• IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46

Attachments

• IMAG0454.jpg
    IMAG0454.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
I'm just pretending this thread doesn't exist, because it makes me too sad not to be there seeing all of you. :-(

It is a perfect day. Amazing airplanes, awesome weather, cool people. I can't imagine anything better than Gaston's, today.

Back