Gaston's Fly In 2015 - October 8-11th

(only 1 photo at a time from iphone, apparently)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 38
Damn, front is moving slow and more east then south could be raining there for a good part of the morning and into the afternoon.:(

Damn, front is moving slow and more east then south could be raining there for a good part of the morning and into the afternoon.:(

And I cant find a pizza place that will deliver to U.S. Aviation :mad:

Morning on the river...

Attachments

• 1444392259706-2078793497.jpg
    1444392259706-2078793497.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
Overcast here now (7:22am local)

1b266923435df7e5a0e6ffa7ccce4e19.jpg

e0f473911b6dff16e8af00becbf6b541.jpg

Get headed this way, stop short before the front, have lunch, then continue! You'll get here faster!

That sounds like a pretty good idea actually.
Will brainstorm with Ken, Tim and Susan as our planned departure time had us without lunch plans. Which is no bueno :no:

Get headed this way, stop short before the front, have lunch, then continue! You'll get here faster!

:yes:

Start moving, set and adhere to minimums, be ready to setdown and wait. I have more cool aviation stories being weathered in at airports than you can shake a stick at. Met a lot of great and generous people also.

That's an easy visual approach! ;)

I'll deal with whatever the weather is at 3M0 when I get there. Problem is right now my departure airport is 200 & ½ in fog and mist. Can't get back in with things that low, so we'll be waiting for this to lift some.

Hors d'oeuvres and baked beans are ready. (Thanks to Sue, not me)

That's an easy visual approach! ;)

Right?!?

I'll deal with whatever the weather is at 3M0 when I get there. Problem is right now my departure airport is 200 & ½ in fog and mist. Can't get back in with things that low, so we'll be waiting for this to lift some.

Hors d'oeuvres and baked beans are ready. (Thanks to Sue, not me)

Thanks Sue!

Light rain/mizzle here now. Roadway and grass is wet but good visibilities under the ceiling. Non convective. I think everybody that wants to make it here today will do so!

What the Wunderground Storm app shows me.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 37
And check the NOTAMs for BPK. No 100LL for this weekend.

Greg just called and talked to the FBO. They are expecting a delivery today 3-4pm.

They are pretty high on the price anyway. KHRO has the best local rate, 30nm west.

And...

Wait for it...

It's the same FBO at both airports...Fly Arkansas...

$3.69 vs $6.19

WTF?

It'll be interesting to see if BPK's price comes down significantly once the new load arrives.

Looks like I'll be in after the heavy rain band, noon to 1pm. I may have to head into Mountain Home and beg for a ride.

We are heading to the airport, load, fuel up and short flight up to DTO to meet 6PC, once we are ready to depart we will be looking for updated field condition. I can park at Mountain home for today if need be.

Looks like I'll be in after the heavy rain band, noon to 1pm. I may have to head into Mountain Home and beg for a ride.

We are heading to the airport, load, fuel up and short flight up to DTO to meet 6PC, once we are ready to depart we will be looking for updated field condition. I can park at Mountain home for today if need be.

Just call me! 817-tree two zero-1336

Short range mesoscale models show precip gone by 1-2pm. There are some IFR ceilings in NWAR now in the heaviest rain bands, so I'm gonna delay a bit.

Current (944am) radar.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
I may have to head into Mountain Home and beg for a ride.

I can park at Mountain home for today if need be.

This runway was/is thirsty. I'm confident that I can drink a lot more rain than I see heading our way (unless things build).

We'll keep you guys apprised.

But...

...they're your airplanes and your call...a bunch of us will be willing and able to come up to BPK and pick you up. Not a problem.

It's the same FBO at both airports...Fly Arkansas...

$3.69 vs $6.19

WTF?

HRO is $3.69 for self serve, which isn't available at BPK. HRO's full serve is $4.99 according to ForeFlight. It'll be interesting to see what their price becomes this afternoon!

I'll be heading to HRO, myself. :)

That 421 left Gaston's a few days ago.

LanceF is en route now.

KenJr is wheels up At:9:30 enroute to DTO
We should be heading that direction in 30-45 min

Last edited:
2009? When Tony and I flew the Aztec out just fine? :)

It's begging for attention!

Attachments

• IMG_20151009_100704459_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151009_100704459_HDR.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 35
OK, heading to RVS to depart, will fly north of main precip. See y'all in a few.

Man, I wish I had video of that takeoff! It was awesome - Looked for a moment after you went through that puddle like you were breaking mach 1. :D

Aztecs are fast, you know! :D

"Breakfast"
hey. we're on vacay, right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    909.7 KB · Views: 47
Back