Wondering what's a good concealed carry rig ...

north American arms PUG 22wmr in a pocket holster .its the weapon you have with you not the one at home that maters.

crossbreed holster and a glock 42 for small package

glock 26 for medium

I use the IWB horse hide version called a super tuck and also a mini tuck

In the northeast,quite a few people are carrying the 380 as a pocket gun,without a holster. Problem in mass is no matter what you carry it has to have the trigger pull set at 10.

huh?

where's that requirement in the mass law?

huh?

where's that requirement in the mass law?

:yikes: 10# you must be mistaken:dunno:

Edit: Nope looks like you are correct. I don't see how anyone could hold a decent group at that weight. It also explains why you hear about cops emptying a mag at someone and missing every shot. I think a trigger weight that high is every bit as dangerous as a light one in a duty firearm. 5-6# is the best, strong enough to not accedently discharge but you can still maintain accuracy.

Last edited:
I've been interested in the Sig p939, mainly because if I'm going to carry I want something small and light that I won't really notice(nor will others). Pricey gun though...

'Stopping power' does not exist in a handgun round. Handgun rounds do not travel fast enough to generate sufficient hydrostatic shock to cause a permanent wound cavity and therefore disrupt tissue and major organs. Penetration is king. Most US made self defense rounds in any 9mm or bigger caliber penetrate sufficient for the purpose. Federal Hydra Shok and HST, Speer Gold Dot and Hornady Critical Duty are some of the better rounds.

That said, any 9mm or bigger that you can carry comfortably is the way to go. I carry a Kahr CW9. Slim and small to carry. I have the Kahr CW380 for a pocket gun. Carry the biggest gun you can, but bigger is not better if you leave it at home most of the time. The 380 in my pockets beats the hell out of the 45 in my safe.

Could always channel your inner ghetto with a Jamaican holster and a cheap azz pawn shop pistol :D

Jamaican-Holster.png

Jamaican-Holster-Picture-2.png

In the northeast,quite a few people are carrying the 380 as a pocket gun,without a holster. Problem in mass is no matter what you carry it has to have the trigger pull set at 10.

I can't find any massachusetts law requiring the carry gun to be set to 10 pounds.

Dealers cannot sell certain guns if they don't have 10+ pound trigger pulls unless there is an external safety.

I'm aware of no law prohibiting me from modifying the POS trigger guns with 10+pound triggers, e.g., the mass-compliant S&W 9mm.

btw - the mass-compliant S&W 1911 has less than a 10 pound trigger.

Still carry the Walther PPK I bought in 1979 as my first ODG, although there's a suspiciously Glock 42 looking box under the tree (PPK has been rebuilt/reblued "more than once")

Main gun these days is a HK USP Compact in .45

When not at work I carry either my Sig 1911 in a custom leather holster or a Glock 43 in a blackhawk pocket holster. Also carry the glock 43 at work as a backup.

Glock 43 with Taran Tactical +2 extension in a blackhawk pocket holster.

Last edited:
Carried a Beretta 40 cal for years. Found it to be big and not wanting to carry it.
The Sig 9mm P938 is absolutely the perfect carry gun in my book. 9mm , fits your hand like a glove ,metal not plastic, light and very very easy to conceal.

Last edited:
S&W M&P340. Practice with 38 special, carry with 357.

I carry a Taurus PT-709 Slim in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster. I like being able to tuck my shirt in when needed. A good gun belt to support the holster is a must in my opinion.

No, No, a hundred times no. Carry a 380 in your pocket if you want, but you need at least a minimal holster to cover the trigger area.

I do that....but I also don't have one chambered. :no:

Sorry, I still don't go for it. In the "it's always loaded" school, what happens the time you do rack the slde and put it back without clearing it? A minimal holster (as others have posted here), is essential. They make even smaller ones that are little more than a plastic cover that snaps over the trigger guard.

Sorry, I still don't go for it. In the "it's always loaded" school, what happens the time you do rack the slde and put it back without clearing it? A minimal holster (as others have posted here), is essential. They make even smaller ones that are little more than a plastic cover that snaps over the trigger guard.
Cause I have a regiment....and a routine that checks and verifies an empty chamber when returning the weapon home. :goofy:

I also do not leave my weapons loaded at home.....racking is part of my shooting action. :yes:

btw....the M&Ps have a lil window that allows one to "see" if a round is chambered.

Last edited:
I'll carry my Sig P238 Spartan, small enough to easily carry, yet doesn't feel like a toy in my hand. I also have a Ruger GP100 in the 327 Fed mag, nice gun but heavier and harder to conceal.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 31
Cause I have a regiment....and a routine that checks and verifies an empty chamber when returning the weapon home. :goofy:

I also do not leave my weapons loaded at home.....racking is part of my shooting action. :yes:

btw....the M&Ps have a lil window that allows one to "see" if a round is chambered.

And that two seconds, or whatever, could mean the difference in who's eating lead.

Re: Wondering what's a good concealed carry rig

You musta never shot a S&W 500 Mag! Which, by the way, I carry more than my other handguns. :)

S&W 500: "When there's a burglar, hiding behind the refrigerator, at the neighbor's house."

I always have a .22 mag in my front pocket, and my XD9 is never far from reach.

Attachments

• naa-revolver.jpg
    naa-revolver.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Do you guys all really carry all the time? I'm all for it, just find carrying annoying and almost never bother. Yeah I know safety, but if we are to live safely we really shouldn't fly little airplanes. Or we can play it as hanging out in bad neighborhoods as safely as possible.:lol:

Do you guys all really carry all the time? I'm all for it, just find carrying annoying and almost never bother. Yeah I know safety, but if we are to live safely we really shouldn't fly little airplanes. Or we can play it as hanging out in bad neighborhoods as safely as possible.:lol:

I do, so often that I don't give it a thought....it's just always there.

I second the S&W Shield suggestion. For me, it's smaller and lighter than the full size, but big enough to get a good grip. But that's for me.

For the OP, I'd suggest visiting a few gun shops and looking and handling the ones that interest you. A lot of people are embarrassed to take a shooting stance - don't be. Find something that's comfortable in your hand. And explain to the guy at the counter that you're looking for a CC and if he's any good at all he can help you pick the right one for you. Just don't let him sell you a gun that's the right one for him.

Yep, I carry a gun around all day at work and when I get off work and am away from the house I carry a smaller gun. I was really bad about leaving mine at home since it was a large pistol, i bought the baby glock a few months ago and haven't left home without it once.

I do, so often that I don't give it a thought....it's just always there.

I second the S&W Shield suggestion. For me, it's smaller and lighter than the full size, but big enough to get a good grip. But that's for me.

For the OP, I'd suggest visiting a few gun shops and looking and handling the ones that interest you. A lot of people are embarrassed to take a shooting stance - don't be. Find something that's comfortable in your hand. And explain to the guy at the counter that you're looking for a CC and if he's any good at all he can help you pick the right one for you. Just don't let him sell you a gun that's the right one for him.

That's what I intend to do. Go to a store and grab guns until I feel one and say "that's the one!"

I like the looks of the bigger grips on the S&W Shield and that Sig.

Some of my pistols I've put pacmeyer (sp.) grips on them to fill up my hand. I just can't see me CC'ing a Ruger Security Six.... :nonod:

...Ruger Security Six...

As an aside...

I love the early Ruger DA revolvers, including the Security Six which I carried for years as a service revolver.

Bill Ruger was a genius. Compare the complicated lockwork of a typical Colt or S&W to a Ruger. If you're not familiar with them, try to find a YouTube video of one being field stripped. Really quite amazing in its simplicity.

I alway have a .22 mag in my front pocket, and my XD9 is never far from reach.

This is all it takes to send some little wannabe gang banger running.

However, I am more afraid of the crackheads that would never feel a .22 going into their chest, and have no qualms about walking up behind a person, placing a pistol to the base of the skull and pulling the trigger for the 5 bucks in my pocket.

I've been carrying on and off duty for 27 years, so by this point I physically barely know it's there. I will go out of my way off duty to avoid danger, but I do live where I work and am out and about a lot.

I just wish more good guys in our community and state would have CCWs.

Always - except where I see signs prohibiting it... which I do watch for.

Yes I do I actually feel weird when I'm not wearing it. I find myself reaching to adjust it even though it's not there. Carrying a gun everyday is the same as pre flighting and checking fuel for water could you fly a lifetime and never find water in the tank definitely but what about that one time you do?

Kimber pro carry stainless with alloy frame 3.5lbs trigger in .45 and a crossbreed super tuck, or a colt gold cup.

Beretta 92FS M9A1 Compact, at school i have a dedicated pocket in my backpack, otherwise i have an MTR Custom holster for IWB. Its a new setup so we'll see how i do with such a big heavy pistol, id consider a smaller cheetah .380 for summer carry but ive heard some less than pleasant things about the difficulty of using that slide.

Yes. You just haven't found the right carry gun. I've been there.

I have a Browning .25 auto, but I'm worried it would just **** off a drughead ..

protect..jpg

Back