Which TV cook would you most want to dine with?

Which TV cook would you rather dine with?

• Alton Brown

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Giada DeLaurentis

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Steve Raichlin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Julia Colin-Davis/Bridget Lancaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gordon Ramsey

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Nigella Lawson

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
Holiday potlucks, PoA food threads and a bunch of downtime in front of the TV seems to lead to cooking shows around here...

Jonathon Waxman, Bobby Flay, Hugh Acheson, Jamie Oliver. In that order.

Another vote for Jamie Oliver.

Nigella Lawson. She could make burning toast a sensual experience.

TV cooks? Pfft.

I want to try some of the pork butt and other meats that some of the POA gang have been posting on that one thread.

Last edited:
Ree Drummond....... Good ol' down home country cookin.....

From that list? Probably Alton, I'd think he'd be interesting.

Otherwise, I think Julia Child would be a blast. Get some wine in her and listen to the stories she could tell.

Justin Wilson if he were still alive.
Good choice, especially if he is in a good story telling mode. His Dead Mule Raffle story is one of my favorites

Claire Robinson or Amanda Freitag

I would still dine with Justin Wilson even in his current state.

But yeah, I think I'd go with Bobby Flay

Giada or Alton. They have different skill sets and attributes.

5FkloFY.jpg

While Giada DeLaurentis is my secret crush, Guy Fieri is the tv food personality I'd trust for chow and beer.

Julia Childs, Jacques Pepin, Martin Yan, Emeril "Bam" Lagasse, and Justin Wilson. Have seen Emeril and Justin live. And learned how to de-bone a chicken via Jacques perfected technique.

While Giada DeLaurentis is my secret crush, Guy Fieri is the tv food personality I'd trust for chow and beer.

I have had a chance to work with Giada...while a sweet personality on TV unfortunately she is a bit of a Diva and refuses to eat any of the food she or others prepares.

Another vote for Ms. De Laurentiis. Of course, during the meal I'd have to remind her, "Giada, my eyes are up here!" :D

Giada De Laurentiis Bikini.jpg

The lady from Carolina Outdoor Journal. Then Paula Dean or how ever you spell it.

Ina Garten. Great meal. Probably great conversation. I think she was a in the Cabinet for the Regan administration. Her husband seems like he’d be a blast to have a drink with!!

Ina Garten. Great meal. I think her husband Jeffrey would be a blast after a few drinks. Plus she has her pilots license. Probably great stories about working in the White House too.

Rachel Ray is good but she’s been eating to much of her own cooking. A real porker.
I’ve noticed that. She’s packed on the pounds over the last few years, especially in the face.

The lady that uses a carton of lard for every recipe?
Butter, not lard. Lots of butter. Go listen to her segment a few years ago on NPR’s “Wait wait don’t tell me”

My second choice would be Julia, of course.

If he was still alive, I'd love to do some of the food traveling with Anthony Bourdain.

Same thing with Phil Rosenthal.

Having gone to two of the restaurants that Guy reviewed, I'm gonna have to disagree with that one...

Also, how is Padma Lakshmi not on this list?

Back