Which TV cook would you most want to dine with?

Which TV cook would you rather dine with?

• Alton Brown

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Giada DeLaurentis

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Steve Raichlin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Julia Colin-Davis/Bridget Lancaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gordon Ramsey

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Nigella Lawson

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
Last night I ran into Andrew Zimmern in my hotel in Salt Lake City. Asked him whether he knew where to get a sandwich Christmas day 9pm.

Laura Calder . . .great cook, hot as heck, smart. . .

Ree Drummond or Paula Dean, if I'm in it for the food. It would be about like dinner at mom's.

Giada, if I'm in it for the company.....if ya know what I mean. What I mean is, she's flippin' cute as all get out. :)

I probably recognize less than half of the names being tossed around on this thread. You folks must watch a lot of cooking shows.

I'm conflicted. Guy Fieri because I like diners and dives, and I think he'd be a hoot to hang with for a while. On the gripping hand, there's Giada, because, well...yeah. One thing I do know is it ain't gonna be Bigfoot Contessa.

Trisha Yearwood (if Garth dines with us), or Myron Mixon and Tuffy Stone if we're gonna do Q.

Trisha Yearwood (if Garth dines with us)....
That's kind of like a video I saw put out by Cirrus about Tim McGraw owning an SR22. My wife is a big fan of Tim McGraw and his wife, Faith Hill. I enjoy their music, too. I joke with my wife that any day now, Tim is going to call me up and invite us on a dinner flight with he and Faith.

Yeah, like that's going to happen!

I'm a little surprised that no one in this bunch mentioned Rachael Ray... :D

For me, it would be Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, or Lynne Rosetto Kasper (OK, she's a radio chef but her recipes and work is outstanding).

I'm a little surprised that no one in this bunch mentioned Rachael Ray... :D

For me, it would be Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, or Lynne Rosetto Kasper (OK, she's a radio chef but her recipes and work is outstanding).

you mean - like these?

Rachel Ray is good but she’s been eating to much of her own cooking. A real porker.

Has a reputation as a real diva ... more so than Giada ...

Jacques Pepin and Sarah Moulton both seem like real pros. It would be interesting to talk with them over a nice dinner.

That's kind of like a video I saw put out by Cirrus about Tim McGraw owning an SR22. My wife is a big fan of Tim McGraw and his wife, Faith Hill. I enjoy their music, too. I joke with my wife that any day now, Tim is going to call me up and invite us on a dinner flight with he and Faith.

Yeah, like that's going to happen!

I got a chance to work with Mr. McGraw on a Pennzoil promotional video, and he is a true class act in person.

Sarah worked for Julia, back in the day.
Sarah also paid her dues in France and put up with a lot of grief because she is a woman (like Julia did). Pepin is from that generation that gave her so much trouble...I wonder if they get along?

If he was still alive, I'd love to do some of the food traveling with Anthony Bourdain.
This. I'm still super confused as to why he didn't realize he had the ultimate job.

The problem with Giada is that I don't hear a word she says. I just make motor boat sounds and drool.

I got a chance to work with Mr. McGraw on a Pennzoil promotional video, and he is a true class act in person.
That's great to hear. A lot of times you hear the opposite about celebrities, just as has been mentioned about some of the chefs above.

I probably recognize less than half of the names being tossed around on this thread. You folks must watch a lot of cooking shows.
I don't recognize even close to half.

But Rachel Ray stirs memories that I would like to relive.

Not that there is anything wrong with that haha

Marc Forgione. I've dined at his restaurant many times and seen him there on a number of occasions. He served me the Amuse Bouche once.
IMG_6782.jpg

Back