What the hell? 70s music

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Your 1 stop shop for scat, jazz flute, yoddling, some sort of gibberish, a whistling solo and Mr. furley's wordrobe.
I probably watched this 10 times today. So weird

I'd rather listen to that than anything with sampled "instruments" from a sequencer and a singer that needs auto-tune.

I'm a 70's fan... One of the best bands in history did the bulk of their work during that decade. It's too damb bad kids today don't even know the names Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham.
They *may* have heard the name Led Zepplin.

Your 1 stop shop for scat, jazz flute, yoddling, some sort of gibberish, a whistling solo and Mr. furley's wordrobe.
I probably watched this 10 times today. So weird

I watched it a dozen times too but I didn't see any scat. Major disappoint :sad:

Oh wait, you meant THIS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scat_singing ! :yesnod:

That was some fine yodeling and tooth-whistling :yes:

Something tells me none of these guys are passing an IMSAFE checklist.

Bryan, you (likely) haven't done enough drugs to enjoy our music! That's a great song, actually.

I'm a 70's fan... One of the best bands in history did the bulk of their work during that decade. It's too damb bad kids today don't even know the names Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham.
They *may* have heard the name Led Zepplin.

I don't think you're right on that one. MANY kids around here are die hard Zepplin fans and know all the stats. Lots of Zepplin t-shirts running around. Me? Not so much. They were okay the first million times I heard their songs.

And I'll bet that they're far more into and familiar with 70s music than you were with the likes of the Andrews Sisters, Fred Astaire, Gene Autry, Bing Crosby, Billie Holiday, Roy Rogers, Ginger Rogers, Shirley Temple, and Ethel Waters when you were a kid (all the top performers of the 30s). Assuming you were a product of the 70s.

Last edited:
actually, if you play that song backwards, it is Stairway To Heaven. true story.

Look at his pupils, dude is full on tripping 'cid and still is flawless.

That might be the weirdest combo of "let's just rock hard, then give a bunch of blow to the gang, and.......ah screw it, just let him yodel". Lmao. :D

True, or any combo of what they're putting together today.
I'm 34 and have Jethro on vinyl.

Thanks pop!

Oh yeah, these guys work hard putting everyone's music together, paying a fee and calling it there own. I rock like an American.....chords, keys, and fending off the panty throwing:rofl:

FBH, could you get your med cert then? Be honest.

True, or any combo of what they're putting together today.
I'm 34 and have Jethro on vinyl.

Thanks pop!

If you like Tull, I really think you'll like this concert from about seven years ago

[Yt]3BWSXYBNyWU[/Yt]

But the 'shrooms we used to purée in the OJ probably weren't. :)

Ok.... I am confused....

40 years ago, Minute Maid, a subsidary of Coca Cola ,marketed a orange juice product called Orange Sunshine.. I was a pulpy OJ and when mixed with Vodka made a great beverage. Especially for young kids who bought cheap booze to mix it with.....

What the heck is " shrooms":dunno::dunno::idea:

In '75 I was sixteen and tearing up the dirt roads in my new (old) C-250 Chevy chugging Schlitz and that's all I'm going to admit to, and listening to Robin Trower and Conway Twitty looking for some cowgirls or any girls to play with ...

We were metro-musical! The seventies rocked! :rockon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTyAXk_LyCY
MI0001731756.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0db4keEbK7I

^^^^^^^^^^In case you haven't checked out Glen Templeton, his remake of Twitty's goodbye time is gold. :)

Look at his pupils, dude is full on tripping 'cid and still is flawless.

I dunno, I feel like my PoA posts are pretty rock solid even after a coupl'a sugar cubes.........

I dunno, I feel like my PoA posts are pretty rock solid even after a coupl'a sugar cubes.........

OMG, look at the colors! the colors!

Umm, nevermind, your, you're, yore posts posted posting toasted going home now pass the sugar or the salt it's all thesamestuffanywaywheredidthesungoandwhy

Pfft, that's pretty mild.

Zappa; 'watch out where the Huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow'

'Stink Foot'

'Tittles N beer'

Burt owes me $1600 from 1981. I was the asst engineer on two LPs he fronted for a rock band that didn't go anywhere. I would only do the job for wage, not for a cut because they were just awful. Ne gave me a bad check - twice. Never got a dime from the bas. I confronted him a few years later and he said he used the money to bury his wife who died or something.

Bryan, you (likely) haven't done enough drugs to enjoy our music! That's a great song, actually.

I don't think you're right on that one. MANY kids around here are die hard Zepplin fans and know all the stats. Lots of Zepplin t-shirts running around. Me? Not so much. They were okay the first million times I heard their songs.

And I'll bet that they're far more into and familiar with 70s music than you were with the likes of the Andrews Sisters, Fred Astaire, Gene Autry, Bing Crosby, Billie Holiday, Roy Rogers, Ginger Rogers, Shirley Temple, and Ethel Waters when you were a kid (all the top performers of the 30s). Assuming you were a product of the 70s.

I am a product of the early 70s and not only know but still listen to the 30s and 40s performers. My folks are products of the 30s so it was playing in the house along with shows like The Shadow and Johnny Dollar. Man, I was born in the wrong era. Having said that, my crew always shakes their heads when I pipe my music through the tank's intercom system. One song will be from Glenn Miller and the next might be Foreigner, Hank Williams Sr., or Rob Zombie.

I don't care if they were one-hit wonders, these guys could bring it:

https://youtu.be/SFiv9M577a4

Both great songs! Neither is quite my style, but great nonetheless.

Here's a really great tune from "the day." Too bad there's no video. Talk about "bringing it." Tommy does so for over 9 minutes! Lots of Deep Purple influence in this one:

[Yt]A7FOTBdbPN8[/Yt]

Okay, where'd I leave the bong? :)

Back