Too late to start Flying?

FYI, while the most common sequence is PPL >> IFR >> CPL >> CFI, you can swap the sequence and do CPL first.

However, your ability to exercise your CPL privileges will be significantly limited until the IFR is obtained.

Well mind as well do it the right way.

Guess i can cut ground cost by studying now and getting book knowledge and test questions in my head?

Mike, I love the one where the Aggies are marching on Washington in protest. Today they are 100 mile from Seattle!!!
Sounds like when my doctor told me that if I were to walk 2 miles each day, I would lose weight and improve my sex life.

3 weeks later, he rings me up on my cell phone to see how I'm doing.

"Doc, I'm looking good and feeling good, but my sex life is worse than before!"

"Why is that?" he asks.

"Because now I'm 42 miles from home!"

Sounds like when my doctor told me that if I were to walk 2 miles each day, I would lose weight and improve my sex life.

3 weeks later, he rings me up on my cell phone to see how I'm doing.

"Doc, I'm looking good and feeling good, but my sex life is worse than before!"

"Why is that?" he asks.

"Because now I'm 42 miles from home!"
ROFL:p

Guess i can cut ground cost by studying now and getting book knowledge and test questions in my head?
Yes, that can help a little bit. But for Private Pilot, the cost of a home study course for the written is pennies compared to the big dollars you spend on renting an aircraft and instructor.

Self Study Ground School course are provided by several vendors. Each has their own pros/cons compared to others. And there is no "best" one. Some just want to read a book, some want to watch videos, some want a live class. You just need to find the best fit to how you learn. Prices for the home study systems range from $175 to $600. But the top end (King Schools) provides you with many extras including the paper books, a flight bag, some supplies, and many other bells/whistles including additional knowledge subjects useful beyond obtaining the PPL.

Other vendors of note include Sportys, Gleim, ASA2Fly.com, and Gold Seal (https://www.faa-ground-school.com/). Of the last two, Bob Gardner is the author of The Complete Private Pilot from ASA, and a member of PoA as @bobmrg .... and Russ Still of Gold Seal is here as @write-stuff

Last edited:
Leave y'all with this Aggie:

What do you get when you breed a ground hog and an TEXAS A & M football player?

Six more weeks of bad football. :D

Why do Aggies paint TGIF on their boots?

Toes Go In First

Back