the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Inbox 0.

Not that I read many of mine. If it’s important enough they’ll email back.
There are definitely certain email addresses that I've assigned an auto-delete rule to. Because, "Lady, I don't care that your internet and phones are down and I certainly do not care that your service has been restored," and " Sir, this is a Wendy's" are not "professional" or "appropriate" email responses. Lame.

Got my girl back today after 7 weeks. Biggest holdup was that I sent two fuel tanks out to be rebuilt. New wingtips and a bunch of new flashy lights. Wingtips surprisingly seem to actually make a difference. Plane feels like she has more lift in ground effect, and the roll rate feels a little better. All in all she feels less dumptruck-like. Maybe it's in my head. Anyway they look cool, and it feels good to be back in the air.

IMG_20231118_110441618_HDR.jpg

First time seeing this... Didn't know the weather systems could be considered "NOT IFR APPROVED"...
Anyone know the logic behind that? Does it just mean it's weather reporting isn't as robust as a normal AWOS/ASOS?
1700753257459.png

Got my girl back today after 7 weeks. Biggest holdup was that I sent two fuel tanks out to be rebuilt. New wingtips and a bunch of new flashy lights. Wingtips surprisingly seem to actually make a difference. Plane feels like she has more lift in ground effect, and the roll rate feels a little better. All in all she feels less dumptruck-like. Maybe it's in my head. Anyway they look cool, and it feels good to be back in the air.

View attachment 122486

Pretty airplane.

First time seeing this... Didn't know the weather systems could be considered "NOT IFR APPROVED"...
Anyone know the logic behind that? Does it just mean it's weather reporting isn't as robust as a normal AWOS/ASOS?
View attachment 122645
I think that the dollar sign means that the system has detected that maintenance is needed on the system, so the machine is not to be trusted as accurate, hence advisory only.

Not 100% sure of that.

Some things make me go hmmmmm..

Last March I got a letter from the McKinley County Treasurer.

Dear sir, you were $19.78 short of paying your property tax. blah blah....

So I just wrote a check and sent it in.

Last week I got a letter from the McKinley County Treasurer.

Dear sir, enclosed is a check for $19.78 for over payment of property tax...

Gotta love small towns.!!

Some things make me go hmmmmm..

Last March I got a letter from the McKinley County Treasurer.

Dear sir, you were $19.78 short of paying your property tax. blah blah....

So I just wrote a check and sent it in.

Last week I got a letter from the McKinley County Treasurer.

Dear sir, enclosed is a check for $19.78 for over payment of property tax...

Gotta love small towns.!!
Small towns?! That exact same thing happened to me with the IRS on my federal taxes! Except the federal govt somehow turns that situation into like 7 separate letters you get in the mail.

Yay.!!!

Finally met my goal on weight loss to get under 200.

I weighed in at 197 last night.!!

Anyone interested in how I did it just ask me.
Same method as you use for deicing the plane?

P.S. I met my weight loss goal by changing the scale to metric. I don’t know how many pounds are in a kilometer but I’m back to my seventh grade numbers.

P.S. I met my weight loss goal by changing the scale to metric. I don’t know how many pounds are in a kilometer but I’m back to my seventh grade numbers.
Another legitimate strategy for weight loss is the Homer Simpson method of using the towel bar.

Screenshot_20231129-123241.png

Yay.!!!

Finally met my goal on weight loss to get under 200.

I weighed in at 197 last night.!!

Anyone interested in how I did it just ask me.
Congrats!

Interested and asking - what worked for you?

Congrats!

Interested and asking - what worked for you?
A virus in both lungs. I have really lost my appetite along with all my energy. I had to get suspenders to hold my britches up because the belt isn't doing it any more...

A virus in both lungs. I have really lost my appetite along with all my energy. I had to get suspenders to hold my britches up because the belt isn't doing it any more...
I'll pass, thanks. My sister told me terminal cancer worked well for her. I figured I'd get the same result either way, but one way is a lot less hassle.

I'll pass, thanks. My sister told me terminal cancer worked well for her. I figured I'd get the same result either way, but one way is a lot less hassle.
Sorry for the loss of your sister.

I am enjoying the weight loss, but the lack of appetite and lacking sleep is really wearing on me.

Now my wife got back from her teaching job and announced she has been exposed to hoof and mouth disease as well as covid today.

Ok. Inquiring minds want to know. Where does she teach???

I have gone from 225 to 205 in the last 6 months. Some was from eating better but I think most of it was being too busy to snack. Mom was in the hospital 3 times this summer. Moved her to a assisted living near us, sold her house, cars and most everything. She has not been in a hospital since. I swear I spend more time taking care of her health stuff than I do for work. Just got back from her place to find something that I told her where it was. She cannot remember things that happened today but can for stuff years ago. End of rant.

I'm not so worried about that. But there are occasionally forum posts from people claiming to fly for the airlines and I desperately want to know which airline so I can make a more informed choice of which airline to entrust with my life.

• Haha
Reactions: WDD
"I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight." - Emily

Gallup, NM. She is the special ed teacher. Lots of kids from the reservation, and they all just love her and want to be hugged a lot. Seems they don't get much attention at home. Plus all the 100s of millions of dollars given to the reservation to bring running water to individual homes seems to always get lost, so bathing usually isn't a regular thing.

Back