the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Burned through 330 pieces of candy in 1.5 hrs, gonna have to up my game next year. Had to close shop at 7:30pm.

Burned through 330 pieces of candy in 1.5 hrs, gonna have to up my game next year. Had to close shop at 7:30pm.
Living in one of the more popular suburbs of Chicago, we had maybe 15 kids…

I first read that as "ate 330 pieces of candy in 1.5 hours", and thought "holy crap, this guy is going to need an ambulance!"
Glad your problem was different than that.

Two trickrtreaters. Right at start time and a few ticks before end time. So…Pez dispensers to start my collection, I guess. I don’t think the snow helped today.

38 years in this house and this is the first year we had....

zero.

I get to keep all the candy :)

38 years in this house and this is the first year we had....

zero.

I get to keep all the candy :)

Another personal best for me. 0 Trick or Treaters for the 15th straight year.

I guess it helps living in BF New Mexico...I haven't bought candy for years.

In Alaska I would take a big bag of candy in the airplane. Kids in the villages would run up to the plane as soon as the prop(s) stopped. Buying 30 pounds of candy was normal, and only having a few pieces left at the end of the day meant I had to go to the store to buy more for that night.

Another personal best for me. 0 Trick or Treaters for the 15th straight year.

I guess it helps living in BF New Mexico...I haven't bought candy for years.

In Alaska I would take a big bag of candy in the airplane. Kids in the villages would run up to the plane as soon as the prop(s) stopped. Buying 30 pounds of candy was normal, and only having a few pieces left at the end of the day meant I had to go to the store to buy more for that night.
If somebody showed up at our farm, I'd have to go looking for candy. Meanwhile, a mile away in town, there were so many kids, it was hard to drive back from the grocery store!

Today I was the unexpected recipient of a "both ways" tail wind. The 92 knot c172 flew 290 nm in 2.7 hours south bound. We made the north bound return trip in 2.5 hours.

Usually it's the "both ways" head wind.

Planning a "calm wind" flight to take 3.5 hours (and I expected a headwind south bound); I baked-in a fuel stop at KMFV (Accomack County VA). When we approached the KMFV with 2.1 tach time instead of the expected 2.6, I calculated we could make it to our destination with more than an hour in reserve.

My driveway is too long and don't live in a neighborhood. If I ever had a truck or treater I'd be screwed. What do ya want kid, elk sausage or honey?

My sister lives in a townhome subdivision that use to be the best place to go trick or treating. She had a handful. Kids these days keep getting lazier and lazier!

It probably doesn't help that the towns now set up "trick or treat on main street" it's safer for the kids....apparently. It's also way less fun.

Well, it is time to renew my flight instructor certificate. Anyone wanna do it for me.??

I'll pay 25 bucks and pencil whip a few flight reviews for ya...

Oh, one requirement, ya gotta make a passing grade... :lol:

Well, it is time to renew my flight instructor certificate. Anyone wanna do it for me.??

I'll pay 25 bucks and pencil whip a few flight reviews for ya...

Oh, one requirement, ya gotta make a passing grade... :lol:

I gotcha

1699201242481.png

I started labeling my breakers - then I learned how poorly my house was wired and it scared me. So now I don’t do that anymore.
A little late, but...
breaker_box.png

https://xkcd.com/2848/

The neighbors' underground water line in their front yard broke again. This is the 3rd time in 1.5 years. The previous 2 events were repaired DIY. I think maybe I should mention to them the 3 strikes rule.

Too lazy to find the “What are you reading?” thread. I just finished “Spearhead” by Adam Makos. Couldn’t put it down and I’ve read his other two as well.

Saturday, I heard a plane bust the inner ring of the POTUS VIP TFR around Rehoboth Beach MD. I heard ATC calling the airplane on Guard and saw it via ADSB. I didn't see any other airplanes nearby. ( I watched to see if I could see if they sent a jet to communicate since radio wasn't working ). The pilot was headed North out of the area. There's a private airport North West of Ocean City MD (KOXB); maybe the plane / pilot is based there.

Back