the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Pilots N Paws never disappoints.....

"Tiny kitten, Chipmunk needs a ride AVL to EQY"

I just passed 1000 posts. For the next 1000, I promise to improve the airplane to pun post ratio...or maybe not.

I have 11 cats that need a good home, all are solid black with gold eyes. Slightly, mostly feral but will let me get within a foot of them before running. Because of my wife, they are all healthy and well fed. I do not have a mouse problem.

No reservations, you want'em, you catch'em...

1699558997245.png

One does not adopt a cat. The cat adopts a human.
Yeah, we also have 3 indoor cats. All 3 are rescues that came to us to be rescued. One came to the window and actually yelled at us to let her in.

2 of the indoor cats were malnourished, dehydrated, covered with tics and fleas. They came inside and never left. The third cat lost her mommy at about 6-7 weeks old. She came in and one of the other cats adopted her and finished raising her. Those two are so bonded they are hardly separated. They eat, sleep and play together, and groom each other. I think they are each others emotional support animal...

I just went back and read through all 88 pages of this thread.

I don’t even think that’s worthy of posting here.

Refilled tanks today in Indiana for $4.92 a gallon. First time I've had a 4 handle in the price in a while!
Also, when I was done pumping the gas it showed the per-unit price on the machine for JET-A ($4.21/gal) alongside my gallons pumped and total.
... And for several terrifying moments I thought I'd just somehow filled my plane up with JET-A (I did not, praise Jebus).

Pilots N Paws never disappoints.....

"Tiny kitten, Chipmunk needs a ride AVL to EQY"

That's a 2.5 hour drive. From a rescue organization to an adopter. That's beyond abuse of the intent of PnP. You want to adopt the cat, you can drive 2.5 hours to get it versus asking somebody to donate hundreds of dollars and a few hours of their time to get the cat to you.

Or if you can't drive for some reason, work a deal out with a friend to drive, or something.

Pretty silly asking for volunteer aerial transport for a 2.5 hour drive.

I used to do PnP. It seemed valuable when the requests seemed to be mostly "Authorities are shutting down an illegal puppy mill, and we have 40 dogs to transport to willing rescue organizations". I think I even did some post-Katrina missions, flying abandoned animals. Even in a Warrior I could transport 4-7 dogs at a time, depending on size.

Then it seemed like everybody started finding out about this "free animal transport service" and it became "Need to get a rescue cat from California to their new family in New York." Really? There's nobody in California who wants a cat?

That's a 2.5 hour drive. From a rescue organization to an adopter. That's beyond abuse of the intent of PnP. You want to adopt the cat, you can drive 2.5 hours to get it versus asking somebody to donate hundreds of dollars and a few hours of their time to get the cat to you.

Or if you can't drive for some reason, work a deal out with a friend to drive, or something.

Pretty silly asking for volunteer aerial transport for a 2.5 hour drive.

I used to do PnP. It seemed valuable when the requests seemed to be mostly "Authorities are shutting down an illegal puppy mill, and we have 40 dogs to transport to willing rescue organizations". I think I even did some post-Katrina missions, flying abandoned animals. Even in a Warrior I could transport 4-7 dogs at a time, depending on size.

Then it seemed like everybody started finding out about this "free animal transport service" and it became "Need to get a rescue cat from California to their new family in New York." Really? There's nobody in California who wants a cat?
Russ if you wanted to do some high value ones, I work with a lady out of the panhandle of Texas that is always moving rescues from Texas to Wisconsin. That OK to MO leg is always tricky for her. She is awesome and I almost only fly her trips on PnP now.

I started shivering when I figured out where this is
Me too. I'm not sure I would make that flight now in a C150; actually, I know I wouldn't, my butt hurts just thinking about it. I don't remember having any electronic navigation; maybe a VOR without much range; all dead reckoning and pilotage. However, I don't remember being concerned about the flight; just did it.

Russ if you wanted to do some high value ones, I work with a lady out of the panhandle of Texas that is always moving rescues from Texas to Wisconsin. That OK to MO leg is always tricky for her. She is awesome and I almost only fly her trips on PnP now.
I appreciate that, but I no longer own a plane or have ready access to one for such purposes. Wish I could help though!

Took over my daughter's U7 soccer team this year with another one of the dads. Our daughters were always the two best on the team, but the previous coach (who started the team) finally gave up on trying to get his daughter to be a soccer star and quit the team (she just didn't have the desire to play, which is fine). We were always a 2nd or 3rd place finisher. We just took 1st place for the regular season, then played in a big regional tournament and took 1st place there as well. Beat a couple of club/competitive teams who charge over $2K/yr for a kid to play and use a "professional" coach. Pretty cool to really push the girls harder in practice this year and see it result in a fantastic season @ 10-1-1. It's just 4v4 (no goalies), but they move up to 7v7 next Fall so we think it was a big leap forward in preparing them to move up.

Almost at 91,000 unread emails. I feel like a 100k will be a good time delete a few.

Almost at 91,000 unread emails. I feel like a 100k will be a good time delete a few.
Inbox 0.

Not that I read many of mine. If it’s important enough they’ll email back.

Teresa gives me s**t about my inbox and I'm only a 4983. She's a 0 unread kind of person, aka psychpath.

Inbox 0.

Not that I read many of mine. If it’s important enough they’ll email back.
Just Brave'd Inbox Zero and I saw this line: In simple terms: touch every email once. Yeah ... currently I do not touch 90% of my emails. This sounds like a lot more work. And not fun work since other people are dictating it.

Work doesn’t keep email around long enough for it to really build up. Most of the emails sent to my work address are auto-deleted by rule as soon as they are processed. Anything I’m cc:’d on goes directly to a folder just for that purpose, and they only things that stay in the inbox are where I’m in the to: block and come from an internal sender. Couldn’t tell you how many exist or count of read/unread in any of them.

Home? No idea.

I use my Yahoo email as the "diversionary" one. Can't tell you how many thousands of free offers of lord knows what and Nigerian prince lottery ticket offers are sitting there. BTW - If I ever have to give a physical address, I put down 1313 Mockingbird Lane. Long ago I used to put down 1060 W Addison Street, Chicago.

On my "real" e mail, I keep the old ones as history. On more than one occasion I've had to dig something up / search for something. As cheap as storage is these days, why not.

Back