the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

Lunch time fun time.!!

My wife and I went and took my mom out to lunch today, to a local favorite called Grampa's Grill. Nice flame broiled hamburgers, french fries, chips and salsa in a sorta collector decor of the old southwest design. The building is an old automotive shop reconfigured into a restaurant.

After eating we took my mom home and started heading towards our home on a rural road that sort of bypasses town. I noticed the small car in front of us as it looked like the occupants were arguing. No big deal. No other traffic, I was happy to be rolling along.

As we got to town at old Rt 66, the light was red. These 2 women were really yelling at each other about something. Suddenly both got out, met at the back of the car and started swinging. I mean hands full of hair, twisting, screaming and hitting each other. My wife asked me, ''what are they doing.??'' I tell her that is an old fashioned cat fight. Now these are plus sized plus plus women. They are tearing into each other and I am secretly hoping they don't start tearing off clothes. I figure with their size they will tire out pretty quickly. But then the driver caught the passenger with a really well placed right hook causing the passenger to release her hold on the drivers hair. The passenger fell back with the driver tearing out a chunk of the passengers hair. So the passenger gets back up and took her seat in the car, and the driver does the same thing. By this time our light is red again but she just takes off anyway.

My wife asked me. ''what was that all about''.?? I don't know, but I hope they got it out of their system.

Gallup may be a small town, but it sure isn't boring.!!

Lunch time fun time.!!

My wife and I went and took my mom out to lunch today, to a local favorite called Grampa's Grill. Nice flame broiled hamburgers, french fries, chips and salsa in a sorta collector decor of the old southwest design. The building is an old automotive shop reconfigured into a restaurant.

After eating we took my mom home and started heading towards our home on a rural road that sort of bypasses town. I noticed the small car in front of us as it looked like the occupants were arguing. No big deal. No other traffic, I was happy to be rolling along.

As we got to town at old Rt 66, the light was red. These 2 women were really yelling at each other about something. Suddenly both got out, met at the back of the car and started swinging. I mean hands full of hair, twisting, screaming and hitting each other. My wife asked me, ''what are they doing.??'' I tell her that is an old fashioned cat fight. Now these are plus sized plus plus women. They are tearing into each other and I am secretly hoping they don't start tearing off clothes. I figure with their size they will tire out pretty quickly. But then the driver caught the passenger with a really well placed right hook causing the passenger to release her hold on the drivers hair. The passenger fell back with the driver tearing out a chunk of the passengers hair. So the passenger gets back up and took her seat in the car, and the driver does the same thing. By this time our light is red again but she just takes off anyway.

My wife asked me. ''what was that all about''.?? I don't know, but I hope they got it out of their system.

Gallup may be a small town, but it sure isn't boring.!!
Is it Patriotic?

Just had a very nice United flight from Newark kewr to Charlotte kclt.

Weather was interesting too. I’m guessing they had a ground stop at clt just before we landed.

Just had a very nice United flight from Newark kewr to Charlotte kclt.

Weather was interesting too. I’m guessing they had a ground stop at clt just before we landed.

a nasty cell rolled thru here not long ago

Over the months I have been slowly cleaning out my filing cabinet.

Today I found a receipt from 01Jun1995 for $50.87.

Seems I purchased 27.3 gallons of 100LL at Max Westheimer Airport in Norman, OK.

Wouldn't we like to see 100LL for $1.863/gal again...

Over the months I have been slowly cleaning out my filing cabinet.

Today I found a receipt from 01Jun1995 for $50.87.

Seems I purchased 27.3 gallons of 100LL at Max Westheimer Airport in Norman, OK.

Wouldn't we like to see 100LL for $1.863/gal again...
But then my paycheck would be 4x-5x smaller.

Meanwhile, your grandparents are probably wishing for this:
1697933459500.jpeg

So there was crashing of metal, fluids leaking, quite a bit of swearing, some impressive sparks, electrical arcing and a bit of smoke. Just a miserable experience. But, I finally managed to get the old dishwasher out of the cabinet. As long as I don't get hantavirus, I count it as a win.

Had lunch the other day. Waitress was a very pleasant, great service providing 20 something. Very nice young lady. I was proud of myself for the self control not to spit out "So sorry about the tackle box explosion accident".

In 5 years or so when this fashion trend is over and we're on to something else, are all of those extra nose holes going to close up?

Happy shopping!

cdec2975e135909b2a95f0ae87aa54b1.jpg
"... but it's deviled ham!!"

Had lunch the other day. Waitress was a very pleasant, great service providing 20 something. Very nice young lady. I was proud of myself for the self control not to spit out "So sorry about the tackle box explosion accident".

In 5 years or so when this fashion trend is over and we're on to something else, are all of those extra nose holes going to close up?
This could easily have been a transposting candidate for Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!:cheers:

Idle question: why would a cruise ship have a pool table? wouldn't it be kind of challenging to play pool on a cruise ship? or are the stablizers that good?

Ship is probably that good and the passengers (including me) are that bad at pool so it doesn’t matter LOL

We had to be de-iced to fly home today. During the taxi, they seemed to spool the engines about halfway but without thrust. We actually taxied slower than the low power. The only thing I could think of was they needed to spool up the engines in case some fluid got in them? Am I way off base? A320 if it matters.

So there was crashing of metal, fluids leaking, quite a bit of swearing, some impressive sparks, electrical arcing and a bit of smoke. Just a miserable experience. But, I finally managed to get the old dishwasher out of the cabinet. As long as I don't get hantavirus, I count it as a win.
Try this next time…

1698368779760.jpeg

You have all the breakers labeled.??

That's just weird...

I stick with the flip and see method of finding the right breaker.. :lol:
Bought a rental house several years back. Needed to do some electrical work before renting it out. Opened the breaker box, many, many of the breakers' labels just said "lights". Okay, I thought, that's less than helpful. So I set out to relabel them, like "master bedroom" and "kitchen" and so on. Thought I had it pretty well done. But then a little while later I was still stumped since my labels didn't seem to work or be consistent.

It turned out that the circuits and breakers were pretty haphazardly laid out. Like, for the master bedroom, the wall outlets were on three separate breakers. For the master bathroom, some were on the master bedroom breakers, some were on their own. On like that. It was the most un-user-friendly layout I've seen. And I then understood why so many were just labeled "lights".

Just rewired a 3 phase run. Was hardwired to a machine, I wanted an outlet there as well. The dude that wired it is literally color blind. Had ground and neutral flipped. Turn the breaker on, sparks fly and tripped the main on the sub panel.

Old guy - “dad” speaking : even with an open breaker just probe it with a $2 Home Depot circuit tester to see if anything is hot before doing anything in the “looky here” category. If the light glows, don’t lick the wire.

Old guy - “dad” speaking : even with an open breaker just probe it with a $2 Home Depot circuit tester to see if anything is hot before doing anything in the “looky here” category. If the light glows, don’t lick the wire.

spoken like someone who got lit up or worked with someone who got lit up.

That - and someone who helped rewire son’s and DIL’s 1st house. They could only turn on ceiling fan if front porch light was on and the 3 way switch on other side of room was in a certain position. Not making this up.

Bought a rental house several years back. Needed to do some electrical work before renting it out. Opened the breaker box, many, many of the breakers' labels just said "lights". Okay, I thought, that's less than helpful. So I set out to relabel them, like "master bedroom" and "kitchen" and so on. Thought I had it pretty well done. But then a little while later I was still stumped since my labels didn't seem to work or be consistent.

It turned out that the circuits and breakers were pretty haphazardly laid out. Like, for the master bedroom, the wall outlets were on three separate breakers. For the master bathroom, some were on the master bedroom breakers, some were on their own. On like that. It was the most un-user-friendly layout I've seen. And I then understood why so many were just labeled "lights".
Sounds like you should have labeled the outlets and appliances instead.

You assume the breakers are labelled correctly.

Personally, I never EVER assume that. Even if I labeled them myself. I don't think I have ever in my life seen a residential panel that was 100% correctly labeled. One of our breakers would require a half page explanation of what's on it. If I flip a breaker, you can be sure I've got a meter or buzzer to verify that sucker's dead before I grab it or pull out the cutters.

spoken like someone who got lit up or worked with someone who got lit up.
Haven't we all, at one time or another?

I started labeling my breakers - then I learned how poorly my house was wired and it scared me. So now I don’t do that anymore.
So, that is kind of like the use of the landing light during an engine out at night? Turn on the landing light and if you don’t like what you see, then turn off the landing light

Excellent plan...but even that sometimes fails, if the place is wired weird enough. Years ago, I'm on a ladder in a club cutting out and removing a verified dead circuit. I clip the hot, then the neutral, there's a pop and the entire room goes dark, and I then realize I've got a hot wire flying around in that box. Because someone didn't carry the neutrals through right, and to get the rest of the place to work they had them all flowing back through this one pair of wires. Fun times...

My mistake was along the lines of "when you're a little tired a little angry, maybe slow down a bit". All in all, no harm though.

Haven't we all, at one time or another?

One time I was...uh.... liberating wiring and conduit from a building that was scheduled to be bull dozed. I worked from the far end all the way to the breaker box. I was rather impressed with myself for getting what I needed to light a small storage shed I was building.

I was working on the breaker box, and as I got it loose I reached for the wire cutters, and POOF.!! A big flash, a snap of sparks, a quick wiff of ozone, instant darkness and I realized I was laying on the floor.

I may have said, ''Oh fudge''...

If you have a lot of free time and are really obsessive compulsive about it, label the inside of each switch and wall plate with the number of the breaker that powers it.

We had to be de-iced to fly home today. During the taxi, they seemed to spool the engines about halfway but without thrust. We actually taxied slower than the low power. The only thing I could think of was they needed to spool up the engines in case some fluid got in them? Am I way off base? A320 if it matters.
Engine runup to avoid ice buildup on the fanblades.

Back