steveo livefeed on youtube

I just don't get it. Why don't I get excited about watching some guy fly a Caravan?
Why DO others get excited about it? What is the huge attraction?
As I said earlier I watched part of one of his videos. It was nothing extraordinary and to be honest I noticed MANY poor practices on his part.

So tell me... what is the huge attraction?

Well, since I'm in training still and live in the desert, I don't get to fly in the Bahamas on a regular basis to see all that beautiful scenery, for one thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in one of his videos, sort of. The one where he lands at Tucson and taxis to Atlantic. His side camera shows my hangar with the door open. You can't see me but I'm in there...somewhere.

I like Steve's videos and none of them are bad. Flightchops was good until he started flying formation and things most of us can't afford. I liked the one where he flew with Nickleback's drummer in the bush plane. Mr. Aviation acts like a spoiled kid in his daddy's plane and although I liked to watch his videos when I was in training, not so much anymore. He is smug and has a know it all attitude which puts me off, but not as much as his sappy monologues at the end of his videos.

At least Brooke was in a bikini in a recent video of MrAviation's :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw it. Poor Brooke. Watch the one where they're flying to some grass strip in Texas and the poor girl hadn't said a word the whole trip when Mr. Bloviation exclaims, "I need complete silence on this approach." or something to that effect. His CFI Brandon is pretty cool.

I just don't get it. Why don't I get excited about watching some guy fly a Caravan?
As I said earlier I watched part of one of his videos. It was nothing extraordinary and to be honest I noticed MANY poor practices on his part.

Jee man just because you don't enjoy doesn't mean others can't...that's just plane silly! It's easy to pick apart someone when they are on camera. Trust me go post some videos of yourself flying and some idiot will ridicule you about something.

You guys need to check out Premier 1 Driver: https://www.youtube.com/user/gregmink/

Yeah he is great! It's an awesome change of pace for us GA guys!

I've just stumbled onto Stevo recently. Pretty fun guy who gets to fly real cool planes. He's got a good groove I think.

I like Mr.Aviation101 but he has gotten a bit big for himself since getting his CFI. His videos are super well done and really nicely edited. I also love that he flys with his dad and enjoy those videos with his dad a lot. His monologues at the end show he's a huge lover of GA so that's a great thing but I wish he did not come across as so confident and sometimes just overbearing at times seeing he's such a young guy. I wish he looked like he was having more fun rather than telling his viewers he feels such awe from flying. He seems like a nice guy but I'm not sure he'd be a ton of fun to fly with.

Crazy to say this but YouTube aviation videos were a major spark to getting me started. Most of the guys I watched back 6 years ago are not even making videos anymore. This next wave of guys are probably influencing lots of up and coming pilots right now so that's a really good thing for GA!

Jee man just because you don't enjoy doesn't mean others can't...that's just plane silly! It's easy to pick apart someone when they are on camera. Trust me go post some videos of yourself flying and some idiot will ridicule you about something.
Well, maybe... But at least I use a checklist.

Can't speak for everyone but I like to watch the aviation videos that talk through something and/or show something interesting. The Steve guy does a solid job talking through the flights and I find it interesting. Some like the Mraviation101 I don't find interesting what so ever because I fly a 172 around watching someone do that isn't interesting. The 'Celebrity' factor of the guys making the videos I could care less about. The younger generation seems to be into it though, my kids watch random people play Minecraft instead of playing it themselves..

Okie can speak for me. I will add that ALL of them were interesting before they started making it a Patreon business out of it.

I've learned a lot from watching various aviation channels. I could watch that stuff for hours. I just love to learn ;)

Crazy to say this but YouTube aviation videos were a major spark to getting me started. Most of the guys I watched back 6 years ago are not even making videos anymore. This next wave of guys are probably influencing lots of up and coming pilots right now so that's a really good thing for GA!
Not crazy at all. Entertainment has always inspired. A lot of us old fogies were attracted to aviation by Sky King and Penny. Probably many rotary pilots by Whirleybirds. Lord knows how many physicians by the slew of medical shows. I remember there was a major jump in law school applications when LA Law was on the air. And none of those were near as realistic as the guys on YouTube.

Well, maybe... But at least I use a checklist.
The videos are not un-edited. He apparently edits those out as he views that is rather boring. So I've heard.

Point is, lack of something in a video is not evidence that they don't do it. All these videos are edited and context removed at times

The videos are not un-edited. He apparently edits those out as he views that is rather boring. So I've heard.

Point is, lack of something in a video is not evidence that they don't do it. All these videos are edited and context removed at times
And Steveo says he edits it out. But then maybe he doesn't. So?

Pelican's Perch #1:
Throw Away That Stupid Checklist!

John Deakin

https://www.avweb.com/news/pelican/182037-1.html
Yeah... I'm betting against a checklist. I saw him start a Caravan then taxi. If there was an edit it was so good he should work for MGM Studios.
But, there are other things he lacked as well from the partial video I watched.

Not crazy at all. Entertainment has always inspired. A lot of us old fogies were attracted to aviation by Sky King and Penny. Probably many rotary pilots by Whirleybirds. Lord knows how many physicians by the slew of medical shows. I remember there was a major jump in law school applications when LA Law was on the air. And none of those were near as realistic as the guys on YouTube.

And here I thought you were going to say Boston Legal. ;-)

Denny Crane!

And here I thought you were going to say Boston Legal. ;-)

Denny Crane!
Love Denny Crane. But I predate both shows. If I had a model (I didn't) it would be E.G. Marshall and Robert Reed from the early 60s The Defenders series. Very cutting edge for its time on the issues they handled.

anyone just catch it? I kept asking him a question but he didn't answer me. prob because I have a different screen name on utube and he didn't recognize me. yeah that's it.

anyways, someone on PoA should do a live feed. <---that right there, is a 'HINT', if u didn't catch on.

oh, as far as the live feed, it was mostly a waste, but still pretty cool that we're able to do that nowadays.
So do one

Saw it. Poor Brooke. Watch the one where they're flying to some grass strip in Texas and the poor girl hadn't said a word the whole trip when Mr. Bloviation exclaims, "I need complete silence on this approach." or something to that effect. His CFI Brandon is pretty cool.

Seriously. Putting your girlfriend in a bikini in the video thumbnail to get clicks? Come on. Just gross.

I laughed REALLY hard at "Mr. Bloviation". Amazing.

For example...?
You'd have to read through to get a flavor. But just usual combination of people who don't know what they don't know and and the self-appointed guardians of what is right and proper.

I comment very rarely, but a recent one was a guy on BaronPilot who insisted "climbing to" and "descending to" are not only improper, but show a lack of professionalism. He had "never" heard a professional pilot say that (I guess he doesn't get around much) and never heard ATC say it. Furthermore, BaronPilot was remiss in not conforming his conduct to this guy's "feedback."

Complaining about it is OK; the "to" and "for" have always elicited a bit more controversy than they deserve. I personally leave them out. But I couldn't resist pointing out the AIM specifically recommends "climbing to" and "descending to." Then the guy changed his grade (really; he was grading the quality of the piloting) from 9/10 to 8/10 because BaronPilot essentially said, since ATC didn't care, neither did he. At least I think that's what happened. It may be he changed his score on Baron because of my response.

Seriously. Putting your girlfriend in a bikini in the video thumbnail to get clicks? Come on. Just gross.

For some reason I always think of comic book guy from the Simpsons when I hear him talk.

I

its how you get clicks on YouTube. Search sailing videos and compare the videos that have skinnydipping vs the one that don't. It's all about the views

It's how you get clicks on YouTube. Search sailing videos and compare the videos that have skinnydipping vs the one that don't. It's all about the views

Quit making fun of Sailing Doodles, damn it!

I think it's awesome a pilot who lost his job because he lost a medical gets to sail around the islands with girls half his age and do just fine without his aviation job making bikini videos!

Most medical aviation job losses don't end nearly that well. Ha.

I am guessing you fly for a living so it is probably routine for you. For those of us that don't fly for a living, it is a way to live vicariously through the videos. He does a type of flying I don't get to do. His videos are well done and he includes camera angles that show the panel and the view out the front that make them more interesting. Plus the places he flys are way more interesting than most of the airports in a corn field that I fly into. If I have the TV on, it us usually on the YouTube app cycling through aviation playlists while I read on my iPad.

One of my pet peeves though is too many videos where pilots have the GoPro directly at them for an entire flight. I don't want to stare at someone's face while they fly. I like Steves use of the different camera angles that give you more of a sense of what the flight is like.

I am guessing you fly for a living so it is probably routine for you. For those of us that don't fly for a living, it is a way to live vicariously through the videos. He does a type of flying I don't get to do. His videos are well done and he includes camera angles that show the panel and the view out the front that make them more interesting. Plus the places he flys are way more interesting than most of the airports in a corn field that I fly into.

One of my pet peeves though is too many videos where pilots have the GoPro directly at them for an entire flight. I don't want to stare at someone's face while they fly. I like Steves use of the different camera angles that give you more of a sense of what the flight is like.

Yeah. That's really his appeal to me too. I can see where someone that flies for a living may not get the same out of it.

He's doing a live feed now about evacuating FL, and people are donating for some reason, I missed it. But he mentioned that the money was not going for 'fun stuff'. That it was going to help his legal fees fighting the FAA. He said he was under formal investigation from them.

He may want to consider not posting anymore videos lol. I see he just uploaded one not too long ago.

Also said his house was in the 'catastrophic zone' and doesn't expect it to survive. Evacuating the TBM to New Orleans.

He also had a 709 ride today, a reexamination ride with the FAA. He didn't say why they did that. Said he passed with flying colors. Sounds like he's really being harassed. Said he actually said something to them about Harrison Ford landing on a taxiway and he's never had any infraction. What do I have to do?

Back